Funny suggestion for voice mails!

jpeka65844

DIS Veteran
I just called the voice mail line and left a question. I'm sure I sounded like such a complete idiot! Pete, can you work out your voicemail system so we can play back our message before we leave it? I know my cell phone has this feature and I would've LOVED proofing my message before hanging up.

Hope I don't sound like too much of a doofus!

:laughing:

It usually takes me about four tries until I can actually get my voicemail the way I want it! I keep wondering if someone can hear my attempts on the other end of the line and is just cracking up the whole time. :lmao:

It usually takes me about four tries until I can actually get my voicemail the way I want it! I keep wondering if someone can hear my attempts on the other end of the line and is just cracking up the whole time. :lmao:
Which is why I DON'T do the voicemail line!!! I can't help but sound like an idiot when I leave messages - it comes natural!:rotfl2:

Ok....I hate the sound of my own voice....but sit in front of a microphone every week.

If I can do this, you can do this.

Try writing down what you want to say and pretend you're leaving the message for your best friend.

Kevin

And also why I pass on it. I'd have to write out a script or think about what I'm saying ahead of time...it requires thought and fights my natural teenage instincts!

Just kidding, I just sound like an idiot when I just have a voice recording because I talk with my hands and use facial expressions so much. I'm very animated!

And I just hit my head on the wall, again. Nice.

Ok....I hate the sound of my own voice....but sit in front of a microphone every week.

Try writing down what you want to say and pretend you're leaving the message for your best friend.

Kevin
Awww Kevin, you're my BFF! :rotfl2: (how's it feel to be on the other side - the side that calls security???) Okay, okay. If the OP will leave a voicemail, so will I. Plus, I'm sure there are enough anyway that it may not even be played.

Kevin

I've written it out; now I keep looking at it, saying to myself...okay, just do it. Maybe tomorrow. :)

But Kevin, you have the advantage. More than likely, you're saying something useful and funny! Me? I'm probably just asking a stupid question!:rolleyes1

Okay - I finally got up the nerve to leave a VM :banana: I didn't listen to my actual message (although if you press # it will give you that option) because I know if I listened, I would have deleted it - I really do hate the sound of my voice!

Just a thought/suggestion - don't know if its possible on either end but could you record your "voicemail" on your computer and email it in? Or at least that way you could practice it a few times and see how it sounds back to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter