Future of WDW / DVC ..... and getting older!

peabody58

I'm just a drummer in a R&R Band!!
So many exciting things happening in the next 5 years to WDW / DVC. And yet, our bodies continue to age as both DW and myself will be into our mid 60's by then. Our original retirement plans were to use up our Annual Pass Vouchers and No-Expire Tics through 2024 and then sell our DVC. Fortunately our last AP year will capture most if not all of the newest announced attractions. Thinking now that we may need to reevaluate our post-2024 plans as EPCOT gets revitalized and Star Wars areas come to life. Granted we won't be able to enjoy many of the motion rides like we used to, but seriously... there are some great things ahead for WDW and DVC.

With so many exciting new things recently announced and yet to come, it's starting to feel like the 90's era again. We were fortunate to have experienced the 90's WDW Growth era while young and with our kids. Great vids of MK / EPCOTS lost attractions, Pleasure Island and an all night Adventure's Club stay.

Now all we need to do is stay healthy and continue to enjoy our DVC membership. Plus my brother just retired to Florida (1 hr from WDW), so I've got a place to crash when DVC points are low!!

:):)
So many exciting things happening in the next 5 years to WDW / DVC. And yet, our bodies continue to age as both DW and myself will be into our mid 60's by then. Our original retirement plans were to use up our Annual Pass Vouchers and No-Expire Tics through 2024 and then sell our DVC. Fortunately our last AP year will capture most if not all of the newest announced attractions. Thinking now that we may need to reevaluate our post-2024 plans as EPCOT gets revitalized and Star Wars areas come to life. Granted we won't be able to enjoy many of the motion rides like we used to, but seriously... there are some great things ahead for WDW and DVC.

With so many exciting new things recently announced and yet to come, it's starting to feel like the 90's era again. We were fortunate to have experienced the 90's WDW Growth era while young and with our kids. Great vids of MK / EPCOTS lost attractions, Pleasure Island and an all night Adventure's Club stay.

Now all we need to do is stay healthy and continue to enjoy our DVC membership. Plus my brother just retired to Florida (1 hr from WDW), so I've got a place to crash when DVC points are low!!
Great sentiments and best of luck! It sounds like my wife and I are around 5-7 years behind you. We just closed on a resale contract and are 2/3's of the way through burning up our friend's yearly allotment while we wait. I tell her all the time that our time spent there together keeps us healthier and younger - at heart anyway! I think you'll make it!

I'm looking forward to all of the wonderful developments coming our way, especially the DVC announcements! It's exciting each time our fabulous club grows!

Sandy and I were in this EXACT situation. We are in our 60's. Eight years ago, we badgered DVC, and GOT a contract at the original, REAL, Villas at WL.

That contract expires early.... but not until we are 90. And my point begins....

YOU DO NOT NEED A 50 YEAR CONTRACT. Those are for 20 somethings. The good news? WDW owns enough points in EVERY resort, that they can sell you a contract ANYWHERE. Including those resorts that are "sold out".

Now, they will push you to buy into Saratoga Springs. Just say NO. Simply explain that you will get the home resort of YOUR choice, or they get no money.
BUY the resort you want to STAY in. Ignore that "you can stay anywhere" garbage. You CAN'T.... you may book your HOME resort 11 months out. Everything else goes into a wish book, with 7 month booking.

This part gets hard. HAVE a good $20 to $25 THOUSAND in cash. DVC will want this - and you do NOT want to finance the cash at a solid 10% plus interest rate. We gave them CASH - our payback, over discounted hotel rates, will hit on our November trip, 2017. EIGHT years after we bought in. Just when the banks gave us NOTHING :). This may have been the best investment I ever made :).

We will be 66 in 2018. At this point? We will be getting rooms at the WL for about $90 per night, based on dues cost. We intend to live long enough to exhaust that contract, and NOT leave it to our children :). We will be 90+ when that contract expires.... not likely that we will be getting on an airplane to go to WDW :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter