Future of west coast runDisney

It looks like the new Disneyland hotel project will encompass a fair bit of the Downtown Drive area that has been a key part of the course - I would assume this decision impacted the decision to cancel the races.

I wonder if the change in the location of the new hotel from the East to the West end of the campus played a role in the delay in annoucement? Probably the new location of the hotel is more disruptive to the course than the previous location was (Eastern Gateway area)...

This was just posted on the DLR side of the boards. This makes more sense to me than just saying "construction".

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/10/2...diamond-hotel-on-the-west-side-of-the-resort/

I'm going to miss EOS badly!
It's still more than construction.

They stated in the DPB article...

"And that’s not all. This new hotel creates great benefits for the community, generating approximately $25 million in new taxes in its first five years of operation that go directly to Anaheim’s general fund. It also will create thousands of additional construction and permanent jobs and attract new hotel guests to the resort area."

This is clearly directed at the Anaheim City Council.

"And that’s not all. This new hotel creates great benefits for the community, generating approximately $25 million in new taxes in its first five years of operation that go directly to Anaheim’s general fund. It also will create thousands of additional construction and permanent jobs and attract new hotel guests to the resort area."

True, and I totally agree that this shut down is multi-faceted but I at least believe the construction aspect a little bit more with this news rather than what they had said before about construction (new SW hotel, eastern gateway, etc.) When you have eliminated key areas of the starts and finishes, that makes it quite hard to continue. I just maintain hope that at the end of all of this, we will get the west coast races back.

But how is it directed at them? "Here, we are doing a good thing"?

Meh. They're just using catchphrases to keep people from understanding what a ridiculous mess this is all going to be.

And aren't the parks already packed as it is?????

But how is it directed at them? "Here, we are doing a good thing"?

Meh. They're just using catchphrases to keep people from understanding what a ridiculous mess this is all going to be.

And aren't the parks already packed as it is?????
The council wouldn’t approve Disney’s first plan of the eastern gateway. They are calling out Anaheim showing how much good they are doing in this project and that Anaheim should’ve approved their previous idea because it would have had the same effect if not better. This was a game of who would cave first. Obviously Disney did because they had no choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter