Future travel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone nervous about upcoming trips or the effects this could have on us? I’m not trying to start a political debate .. just wondering how everyone is feeling .
my 17 yr old just asked me if he as a dual citizen could be drafted . I’ve never worried about this until now ..
It's definitely not something to worry about, but here is the specific answer to your question about dual-citizenship from the Selective Service System:
https://www.sss.gov/About/History-And-Records/Non-Citizens-and-Dual-Nationals

Is anyone nervous about upcoming trips or the effects this could have on us? I’m not trying to start a political debate .. just wondering how everyone is feeling .
my 17 yr old just asked me if he as a dual citizen could be drafted . I’ve never worried about this until now ..

We are in the same situation with our kids being dual citizens. If there is ever a draft (never say never), our kids will immediately be renouncing their US citizenship.

With the way the US tax filing burden has increased over the last few years for US citizens living abroad, I highly doubt they will keep their citizenship unless they want to work in the US later on. For example, my US Citizen wife now has to pay taxes on the funds in our RESP because they are not invested in US mutual funds. The only solution...remove her from the account, which results in another trigger for more taxes. A little bit of a tangent from the original conversation, but just wanted (needed?) to vent a bit.

I’m not “spinning on bad news” nor am I “fear mongering”
Pretty sure this is a Canadian forum

I don’t think you started a political debate. I think all of the concerns raised here are valid (though some are very 1st world) regarding war.
LOLZ. And highly sensitive.

you realize large percentages of the population will believe anything on the internet, including or perhaps especially, the college educated. Go check out what college professors are saying on Reddit. Continual theme: Why do I have to explain to college seniors that Wikipedia is, still, not a valid source for citations. So yeah, the educated need to be told. This is the reason the fear response is running so high, despite access to resources. Despite the fact that information is readily available about the draft, the current generation is freaked out, crashed the Selective Service website this weekend, and one fool on IG thought blocking the US Army from his email would prevent him from being drafted. Thats right, morons, everywhere. People you would normally look at as logical, stable people people, acting like total assclowns because they read something on the internet. Then they post over and over and then those posts become the truth.

I’m sure Canada has access to the current trading price of barrel of light sweet crude, and the reasons its trading at that price, yet you came here to ask if anyone was worried, so either you too have been watching the news and spinning on bad info, or you came to fear monger. I sure hope you just needed a reminder that the news is also not a valid resource.
It's definitely not something to worry about, but here is the specific answer to your question about dual-citizenship from the Selective Service System:
https://www.sss.gov/About/History-And-Records/Non-Citizens-
We are in the same situation with our kids being dual citizens. If there is ever a draft (never say never), our kids will immediately be renouncing their US citizenship.

With the way the US tax filing burden has increased over the last few years for US citizens living abroad, I highly doubt they will keep their citizenship unless they want to work in the US later on. For example, my US Citizen wife now has to pay taxes on the funds in our RESP because they are not invested in US mutual funds. The only solution...remove her from the account, which results in another trigger for more taxes. A little bit of a tangent from the original conversation, but just wanted (needed?) to vent a bit.

have you looked into the process ? There was something about all males 18 reporting in sss.gov its very scary

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter