FYI - Rider Swap Changes

Hoodie

<font color=purple>Going to BC and GF with one wee
There is a thread on Rumors and News detailing changes to Rider Swap. I know a lot of people in this forum use that as a touring option. In summary:

-Rider Swap will be electronic. No more paper passes.
-All members of the swapping party will have their bands scanned.
-There will be a one hour window for the returning "swappers"
-Rumored start this month, around June 19th.

I can't find anything official from Disney, but if you use this, you may want to keep your eyes and ears peeled for more info.

I can see why they are doing this but I wonder what they will do when the scanner does not work

I imagine they will still hand out a paper pass maybe with an expiration time - much like they do when the scanner doesn't work for DAS. The difference would be an expiration time instead of a return time.

I can see why they are doing this but I wonder what they will do when the scanner does not work

What do they do when people have FP+ return times and the scanner doesn't work? To be honest, we've been multiple times since FP+ and the scanners have always worked.

What happens if the wait time for standby is over an hour long?

What do they do when people have FP+ return times and the scanner doesn't work? To be honest, we've been multiple times since FP+ and the scanners have always worked.

the scanner for FP and the ones used for DAS are Different, and I can tell you the DAS scanner works less than half the time.

and what about the wait time being over an hour long are you asking what someone with a DAS does??? they wait

Nobody really knows at this point, as it's mostly educated guesses right now. But there is supposition that the system may take into account the length of the standby when issuing the RS return-time. We'll have to wait for either more specific info to be released by WDW, or the first-hand reports once it goes live later this month.

Disneyland has had digital Rider Swap for quite a while. This was what I posted on the Rumors Board thread:

This is a link to the Disneyland webpage about Rider Switch:
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/rider-switch/

Since hearing about this, I’ve found some things where people have written about their experiences at Disneyland. From what I’ve read, the 1 hour time period is adjusted to longer, depending on what the actual wait is.

We have all had Fastpasses for attractions our daughter could not ride. Our first people went at the start of the Fastpass period and the rest planned to go near the end. The CMs were very understanding when the first riders took longer either in the queue or if there was a ride breakdown/delay. They were very aware of how long extra the attraction had taken and let us still use the expired Fastpasses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter