G.F VS. Poly

beatlebailey

Earning My Ears
what would be better for a five nite stay G.F. lagoon view or poly garden view concierge. with militery the poly is $4 less a nite. need pro's and cons please. also what time would be better late sep. or oct.

I would definitely do the Poly GV concierge! Don't get me wrong, the GF is fantastic, but with concierge only being a $4 difference I'd have to go that way. :) You'll love the Poly, it's so beautiful. :) I can't wait to go back someday! :)

Have a great trip! :)

I would choose Polnesian GV concierge over GF lagoon view. You will love the concierge experience at the Polynesian.

I would choose Poly over G.F., too. Poly is indeed a nice resort for everyone.

Beatlebailey, like the others, I say go for the Poly concierge. I have read so many nice things about that resort and their concierge staff. As to what time to go? Both of those options are great ones (Sept/Oct). You really can't go wrong. September might be a little less busy (October is very popular).

I haven't done the GF but finally got over there two weeks ago to eat there and check out the place. I just do not care for the whole look of it. The grounds are extremely manicured and just so neat. We love the Poly for its lush foilage and beautiful flowers. The Poly just has a more laid back feel and it is much prettier in my opinion. We had considered the GF for our next trip as we thought we would try it. Now that I've seen it we will skip this hotel.

Well, someone has to speak out for the GF!;)

All kidding aside, while I have never stayed concierge and may try Polynesian concierge next time, my family and I LOVE the GF! It's lovely, serene and takes you back to more elegant times, and yet its not at all stuffy, in my opinion. It's kid-friendly, the staff was most helpful and warm to all of us, and we really felt like we were living in the lap of luxury. I'm still dreaming about it and our trip there was 6 months ago! I can't wait to go back...:cool:

Is there anyone who would prefer GF over Poly-without concierge?
I have read a few threads recently which were pretty negative regarding the GF. I have a trip booked there in Nov with my little gils-a princess trip- but now I'm wondering if I've made the wrong choce.

Having stayed at both my vote is for the Poly. I just wrote a post GF Aint what is used to be. and believe me its true. We only stay in the GF of the Poly. We just returned from our trip last night and stayed at the GF RPC Concierge Deluxe. Deluxe what, I still have not figured out - Let me tell you, they couldn't get anything right. We weren't looking for any freebies or upgrades....we were practically throwing money at them and they could not get it right. Stay at the Poly, you will be so happy you did!

Don't get me wrong the GF is beautiful, clean, well maintained and the mousekeeping is the best. That's where it ends, the service is not up to par.

I've stayed GF both concierge and non-concierge lagoon view, as well as Poly concierge.

I'd take the Poly any day!!!!

Keep in mind that lagoon view DOES NOT GUARANTEE CASTLE VIEW!!!!

Your lagoon view might be of the monorail.

Poly concierge is second only to AKL concierge...

Anne

My vote would be for the GF. I feel it is a better resort than the Poly. Even with concierge I still think the GF is a better resort.

I have stayed at some of the finest hotels in the US and I am not a fan of the GF. With the money we spend on a lagoon view concierge we could have stayed at the GF and we do wander over there every trip but it is just not to our liking. I think I would even stay at the YC or AKL before I stayed at the GF but that is just my opinion and not based on any facts that one is better than the other. I also must admit giving up a lagoon view at the GF would be hard for a garden view at the Polynesian.

I think I may even be happier with a non-concierge garden view since some of the standard garden views at the Polynesian have a partial lagoon view, but if you are looking forward to the concierge service over the view than you picked the right place.

Well, I've never stayed at the Polynesian (although I visited for the luau), but we love the GF. We were there in October and we're returning this November. It is so beautiful and luxurious, with an aura of days gone by. We found all staff to be very accomodating, the rooms are a very nice size (and we were in a dormer room, which is even a bit smaller than those that can sleep 5). The 2 pools are great, the dining is superb, and we even liked Gasparilla's Grill, which is the GF's version of self-serve, but what a selection! The grounds are beautiful - just walking to the main building to catch the monorail is an experience in itself!

I know lots of people who have strong feelings for the Polynesian as well. Don't feel that this is a choice between good and bad, just a matter of tastes and preferences. I think you'll have a wonderful stay in either of these beautiful resorts!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter