G Forces & Mission Space

bouncy54

I Believe In Fairy Magic
I love thrill rides. Have ridden TOT, R 'n' Roller Coaster, CA Screamin', The Mummy and the Hulk with no problems at all, but I'm a bit worried about Mission Space. I've had a bad experience on only 2 thrill rides in my life... Dueling Dragons made my feet go to sleep and I was a bit dizzy after, but everyone else in my family had the same after affects. Goliath, at 6 Flags Magic Mountain.. loved that drop, but the corkscrew gave me a slight bloody nose, but I'm pretty sure that I remember looking behind me at my son as we were in the middle of the turns. That could be what caused the bloody nose. Also, this was right after they opened the ride and might have been before they cut back on the Gs.

I know I can ride the "tamer" version of Mission Space, but gosh.. I would love to experience the attraction the way it was meant to be experienced. With the G forces being comparable to most of the other attractions I can ride, I'm leaning towards going on the original version. Just how intense are the Gs? Do they only last during lift off? How different is the orange side from the green side? Will I miss out on anything else besides the intense lift off if I ride the "tame" side?

It seems like I remember hearing what they were back when it first opened. I was thinking maybe 3 or 4. Not really any worse than any other centrifugal force ride.

I remember reading it was more when they were testing and when it first opened, but this article says it is more like 2.
But, before thinking, “Oh, that’s nothing,” keep in mind that a roller coaster may have you at that for a fraction of a second at a time, where Mission Space has that force for about 15 seconds straight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter