Gac

Kathy

Earning My Ears
I don't want to get into specifics on this board because I know it is not recommended. I am unable to stand or sit for any significant period of time. Would it be possible to use fastpass lines without a fastpass? I am unable to keep backtracking for them. I plan to get there early so I can avoid some lines and wait. I will only be able to stay for approx three hours in am and pm. This is not an endurance issue. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

You should go to Guest Services at the first park you go to. Explain your situation to the CM stating what your needs are. You probably will be told to utilize FP. Pixie dust for a great trip.

Kathy said:
I don't want to get into specifics on this board because I know it is not recommended. I am unable to stand or sit for any significant period of time. Would it be possible to use fastpass lines without a fastpass? I am unable to keep backtracking for them. I plan to get there early so I can avoid some lines and wait. I will only be able to stay for approx three hours in am and pm. This is not an endurance issue. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
I'd suggest going to Guest Services and explain what your difficulties are. But, even though you don't consider it an endurance issue, WDW might. Just explain your needs as well as you can and go from there.

Some other suggestions:
If someone else in your party is more mobile, you can give them your park pass and they can get Fastpasses for everyone in your party. You don't have to personally get the Fastpasses. That way you can avoid backtracking and have someone who is more able to do it get them for you.

If you can get to the parks early, you will find shorter lines in general, even during busy times. Last year, my DH and I went to WDW in July, which is pretty busy. We got to MK a little after it opened and went right to Fantasyland. We were able to get on everything we wanted and even rode some twice (all the Fantasyland rides other than Teacups, Caroussel and Dumbo - can you tell I don't do spinning rides) without waiting in line for more than 15 minutes for anything and without getting any fastpasses. We also went to Haunted Mansion and on the Steamboat. All before 11 am.
He did the same thing with our oldest DD, our niece and nephew a year ago at Easter (a very busy time). If you go early, do back to your hotel midday and then go back to the parks late afternoon, you will miss a lot of the crowds.

Use the train at MK as transporation. If you want to go the Frontierland or Toontown soon after entering the park, let the train take you there. Also become familar with the park maps so you know the shortest distances between things.

Consider renting a wheelchair or ecv. Most people are concerned with the wait in line, but the time and distance you spend getting around the parks is much greater than the time and distance spent in line. If you anticipate having trouble waiting in line, you will certainly also experience the same sort of difficulties just getting around. Some people get a wheelchair or ecv and use it to get to a general area, then park it and stand in line for the shorter lines. That way alternates standing and sitting.

Of you can, choose to go during a slower time period. That way, waits are minimal.

Each park has an Information Board near the park entrance (marked with an I on the map). The CMs there are usually very helpful at advising when to find the smallest crowds and shortest waits in each area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter