Galactic Nights - December 2019

PixiePlns

Planning the magic
What are the chances there will be another Galactic Nights event to coincide with the release of the last Star Wars film in December? The last one was held on a Saturday (and I just missed it on our last December trip in 2017). What are the chances it will be happening again? If so - is it more likely to be a Saturday? We'd like to see the movie on Thursday in Disney Springs for the premier. I know I need to commit to MVMCP tickets during that time soon before they sell out - but I'm worried we'll commit to the Christmas party & then Galactic Nights will be the same night. (With my luck.) And - if anyone has been to Galactic Nights - can you share your experience? I'm really hoping this happens since its the last movie of the saga!

I don't know the chances, I'm hoping they are high. We have been to the movie opening and Galactic Night for both of the other movies and have planned our trip around this one as well. They were on Thursday for both of the other ones and it is STRESSFUL to get tickets. Prepare on the night they go live to stay up for 6 hours staring at your computer as it has crashed the system both times. You buy the tickets with your Disney Springs AMC ticket on AMC's website. Then day of the movie you go in the morning to Disney Springs and stand in a supery dupery long line to get all your passes and the like. Then you can enjoy your day until evening when you come back for the movie. Get to Disney Springs early that night too so you can enjoy the characters and Star Wars feel on the place, red carpet and droids and such. We absolutely love it and it's worth the bother of wondering and trying to get the tickets.

Wow! Thanks for letting me know your experience! I'm hoping its on Thursday as well - we are planning on seeing the movie opening night. 2 years ago (for the last Star Wars saga movie) my husband went to the movie at Disney Springs on opening night (a Thursday) & I went shopping with the kids. It took us a bit to get his ticket online - I remember the system crashing, too. We left on Saturday for home (and of course - Galactic Nights event was on Saturday in 2017). This time, its just my husband & I & we don't want to miss any special event going along with the movie. If its Saturday, it will work perfect (or Thursday). But, I'd also like to do MVMCP - and I have to choose Friday or Thursday. I have a feeling I need to get my Christmas tickets before it sells out since its the last Friday of the party. I'm super excited for this trip! (And so is he!)

I’m going to say either galactic nights will change drastically with SWGE or it won’t happen at all. The addition of SWGE would only ever increase the popularity of a galactic nights event so I would then expect prices to increase significantly if they hold it. I’m guessing the format would also change a bit. In the past they would hold activities to get you ready for SWGE at these events but now with SWGE being open they wouldn’t need to do that.

The last time we went to Disney World was for the opening night of Rogue One and they didn't have a Galactic Night, unfortunately (Although they did do the Star Wars fireworks show, which was awesome). As much as I would love a Galactic Night for this films release, I think just having any after hours event for SWGE would be great.

We went to the Galactic Nights celebration that was coupled with the Solo movie. We had a great time. We have also done Star Wars Weekends. I could only imagine how cool it would be to have a Galactic Nights celebration with SWGE open.

I am crossing my fingers that they do a Galactic Nights on that Saturday after the opening of Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter