Galactic Spectacular *and* Fantasmic?

krismom345

Mouseketeer
Is there any possibility of seeing the 8:30 Fantasmic AND the Galactic Spectacular at 9:00? During Easter week. I know, but thought I’d ask. We’re only doing one day at HS

Not really. Fantasmic! is about 30 minutes long and it takes a while for the crowd to exit. By then Galactic Spectacular will mostly over and if it's crowded you won't get good spots to see it. It really is engineered this way to split the crowds and not have everyone moving from one to the other.

I have seen them both by sitting at the most upper right seats that I can get at Fantasmic, and leaving the second the show is over and hustling over.
Spring Break crowds I can not speak to, though

I have seen them both by sitting at the most upper right seats that I can get at Fantasmic, and leaving the second the show is over and hustling over.
Spring Break crowds I can not speak to, though

This really is the only way. It's hard to see both shows in their entirety, and you really do have to make a mad dash out of Fantasmic to get to the Star Wars show on time. Even then you won't have a great seat. Most wouldn't recommend trying to do it, as you have to get everything perfect and have the crowds working in your favor.

Sit in the back and leave the second that you see the riverboat. If you hustle you'll make it to the area....so guarantee that you will have a spot where you can see the projections though.

I really think you will be challenged to see both during Easter week. The Galactic Spectacular will be very popular and you will probably struggle to get a location to see any of the projections if you are arriving right as it starts. Good luck and the suggestions above will help a bit.

Its difficult to do. Fantasmic gets out just about the time SWGS is starting.
If you sit at the end of a row close to an exit and either leave before Fantasmic is over or just as it ends, and hurry over. Depending how crowded the area is, you may find a space to see SWGS.
Easter week is often more crowded which will make seeing both more difficult.

I'm wondering this exact thing but for a low crowd week in May. May 13-16. Which would you do?? we haven't seen either, plan on going back next year and i have a 4.5 yo girl and a 9 yo boy that really likes Star Wars. Thanks!

Yes, you can do both. As noted, sit at the back of the F! theater, or start heading out just as the finale is 1/2 done. You may miss the first 60 seconds of Star Wars, but you'll still get a good viewing spot.

I'm wondering this exact thing but for a low crowd week in May. May 13-16. Which would you do?? we haven't seen either, plan on going back next year and i have a 4.5 yo girl and a 9 yo boy that really likes Star Wars. Thanks!
I am of the opinion that if you haven't seen a show hurrying and leaving before said show ends is not ideal. You will not get to enjoy the show cause you'll be preoccupied of leaving, then you will cut your show enjoyment and the people around you by getting up before it ends. Then you are hurrying to SWaGS and you will probably not get an ideal spot to see it, hence also limiting your enjoyment of the second show. I say pick one. I see them doing away with SWaGS before they do away with Fantasmic!

I am of the opinion that if you haven't seen a show hurrying and leaving before said show ends is not ideal. You will not get to enjoy the show cause you'll be preoccupied of leaving, then you will cut your show enjoyment and the people around you by getting up before it ends. Then you are hurrying to SWaGS and you will probably not get an ideal spot to see it, hence also limiting your enjoyment of the second show. I say pick one. I see them doing away with SWaGS before they do away with Fantasmic!

I agree 100%. Don't try to do both. It will minimize the impact that either has. Both are very good shows. Don't worry about what you are missing an instead enjoy what you are experiencing.

When I was there in February, my dad and I saw Fantasmic on a night when a steady light rain was falling. They actually started Fantasmic 5 minutes early (after announcing that the show may have to be cancelled if the weather got worse), so we were able to see part of the Star Wars show. We had decided to only try and see Fantasmic, so it was somewhat of a treat that we were able to see more of the Star Wars show than we normally would have. It probably also helped that the crowds were lower than normal since it was raining.

My fave part of Fantasmic is that boat at the end! I would choose one and leave the other for the next time and truly enjoy what you see.

My fave part of Fantasmic is that boat at the end! I would choose one and leave the other for the next time and truly enjoy what you see.

Agreed.

AND...
The "fireworks" (literally) for Fantasmic! don't happen until after the Riverboat scene is concluded.
Plus, the "button" (show ender) for Fantasmic! is one of the best and most surprising at Disney.

Then, again, I don't go to most shows with the idea that "I'll run out before it's over."
The finale is very often one of the best parts of the show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter