Galactic Spectacular and staking out a good viewing area?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
We did see it with the dessert party last time. We have it booked this time, but we are thinking of cancelling. We are trying to cut down on the cost of our trip.
How hard is it to get a good viewing spot without the party?
I have seen Robo's map of the best areas to watch from. I want a spot where he has the area shaded in green.
How far ahead of time do we need to be there to stake out one of the better viewing spots?
Is it like HEA? Because that was terrible fighting crowds last time we tried. If it is that chaotic we will keep the dessert party.

I recommend grabbing a spot about 30-45 min or more before the movie magic show that's done just shortly prior to Star Wars. Grab a spot near the middle and just sit down and relax until showtime.

You'll want to grab a spot a little earlier than usual just because the area isn't that big. But it's nowhere close to as hectic as HEA is.

I recommend grabbing a spot about 30-45 min or more before the movie magic show that's done just shortly prior to Star Wars. Grab a spot near the middle and just sit down and relax until showtime.

You'll want to grab a spot a little earlier than usual just because the area isn't that big. But it's nowhere close to as hectic as HEA is.
Thank you! Glad to hear it is not as hectic as HEA. We have a dessert party for it also but wanted cancel one. The HS party is more expensive so that may be the best choice to cancel.

Had no issue over Memorial day weekend staking out a decent spot about 10 minutes before the Movie Magic show. I will say our group was pretty disappointed in the whole deal. We loved the Star Wars fireworks they had a couple years ago so were excited to see this. They didn't move the stage out of the way from the days events so the view was partially obstructed. I certainly wouldn't pay for the dessert party or stake out a spot too much in advance for it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter