Galaxies Edge

I am wondering if the Star Wars rides will allow a wheelchair to be rolled on to them. I am wondering the same thing about the Ratatouille ride.

I am wondering if the Star Wars rides will allow a wheelchair to be rolled on to them. I am wondering the same thing about the Ratatouille ride.
I am just guessing but no for the SWGE ride opening first( it sounds similar to Star tours ) second ride opening I think not since I heard it has a drop. Ratatouille maybe is there one in the one they have now. I ours is the same

Just in case someone was wondering: Savi's has one station that allows a wheelchair to roll right up to/under it. One wheelchair allowed per show due to safety regulations. (checked with DD about it; question came up on reddit about this; thought I'd share her answer here)

I read in one of the many SWGE discussions that at Smugglers Run there was at least one “ADA” cockpit. What that actually means I have no idea. Hopefully we will get some photos or a video of the inside of one of those vehicles soon to confirm that and give us a better idea of what that means.

Rise of the Resistance sounds more like a dark ride that should be able to accommodate a wheelchair accessible car.

I read in one of the many SWGE discussions that at Smugglers Run there was at least one “ADA” cockpit. What that actually means I have no idea. Hopefully we will get some photos or a video of the inside of one of those vehicles soon to confirm that and give us a better idea of what that means.

Rise of the Resistance sounds more like a dark ride that should be able to accommodate a wheelchair accessible car.
There are two ADA cockpits. The ride vehicle is the same it’s just not on the turntable so you unload and load in the same place so you have as much time as you need. You do have to be able to walk a few feet since a wheelchair wouldn’t fit into the cabin.

There are two ADA cockpits. The ride vehicle is the same it’s just not on the turntable so you unload and load in the same place so you have as much time as you need. You do have to be able to walk a few feet since a wheelchair wouldn’t fit into the cabin.

Thanks for the details. Great to know. I figured you might not be able to get a wheelchair into the simulator for a transfer given the layout. Do you happen to know how much of the Disney magic you miss when exiting the ride? Sounds like you would miss at least some of the beat up ship effects.

Thanks for the details. Great to know. I figured you might not be able to get a wheelchair into the simulator for a transfer given the layout. Do you happen to know how much of the Disney magic you miss when exiting the ride? Sounds like you would miss at least some of the beat up ship effects.
You miss the full “magic” as you’ll see the other group getting off/waiting to board before and after and the hall doesn’t have the special effects. If you are able to walk a bit and can load in the 30-45 second window they will move your mobility device to the unload for you.

Got some clarification today about the Information Kiosk in SWGE at DL. It is in a fixed location for now at the Frontierland entrance, opposite the Droid Depot -- look hard -- it is a small, brown podium with 2 CMs -- not easy to see, even with the plaids. It used to be located outside the entrance, then moved to just inside the entrance -- thus, the belief that the podium was moving around. DAS is being given for MFSR only at this Kiosk, and only for guests with a current reservation window (starting June 24th, there will be no more reservation windows). This Kiosk also can give return times for other rides outside SWGE.

Last edited:
My son uses a wheelchair and had hoped he could make a transfer from his chair to the ride seat. He will be disappointed. Do you know exactly how many feet it is from where he would leave his wheelchair to the ride seat? Do you step up into the cabin? He’s heavy but if possible we could try to carry him if it is flat and only a few feet.
Thank you so much for the info.

My son uses a wheelchair and had hoped he could make a transfer from his chair to the ride seat. He will be disappointed. Do you know exactly how many feet it is from where he would leave his wheelchair to the ride seat? Do you step up into the cabin? He’s heavy but if possible we could try to carry him if it is flat and only a few feet.
For my experience with normal boarding the person with the mobility device had it taken before we went into the hallways so it’s probably about 100 feet with a stop for 45 seconds in the middle for a pre show video. There are no steps to get in the vehicle it’s flush to the ground.

For the ada cab it’s probably about a 50 feet walk. They didn’t bring the device all the way up to the cabin since the person was able to slowly walk.

I had a stroller as a wheelchair, which I used as a walker. They let me take it right up to the door of the cabin (it fit through the door, so I could have taken it further) and had it waiting in the same place when I got out. Flat entry into the ride vehicle. The rear seats for engineers were only a few feet, and maybe 10-15 for the pilots. The aisle is an inverted V, narrowing towards the front, and I think it would be difficult to lift someone into a pilot seat.

Got some clarification today about the Information Kiosk in SWGE at DL. It is in a fixed location for now at the Frontierland entrance, opposite the Droid Depot -- look hard -- it is a small, brown podium with 2 CMs -- not easy to see, even with the plaids.
It is very hard to see if you don't know what/where to look. Even when I knew where the podium was, if I came from a different angle I had to orient myself again to find it.

The kiosk is inside the rock tunnel/cave between Droid Depot and the train tracks. They're just far enough back that the shadows make them hard to see from inside Galaxy's Edge. On the right side if you're heading toward the exit.

It is very hard to see if you don't know what/where to look...
No kidding! Thank goodness for the photo in the SWGE Superthread in the DLR forum -- that's why I knew not to look for a green umbrella. The plaid I spoke with was joking that even though they stand out like sore thumbs in their plaid outfits, they still aren't easy to spot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter