Galaxy's Edge Day YouTube video was great!

SkaGoat

DIS Veteran
I just wanted to comment that the video of a day at Galaxy's Edge on the Disunplugged YouTube channel was great.

It had fresh, positive energy. I had a smile the entire video. I hope they keep coming out with great content like this.

Craig, Ryno and Erica were all great.

I just wanted to comment that the video of a day at Galaxy's Edge on the Disunplugged YouTube channel was great.

It had fresh, positive energy. I had a smile the entire video. I hope they keep coming out with great content like this.

Craig, Ryno and Erica were all great.
I'm going to push back on this a little bit. The video was very fun and entertaining. Let's get that out of the way. And there is certainly room for videos like this as a supplement to other informative videos. The two can and should coexist. But I would not want this to be the primary direction of the new and improved DIS Unplugged. When it comes down to it, we saw three friends having a good time at Galaxy's Edge but all they really did was drink colored smoothies and debate whether the dots in one of them were cereal or candy, eat sausage and zucchini wraps, look at cos play garb in the shops, and lament that they could not experience Rise of the Resistance, Smuggler's Run, or Oga's Cantina. And so they left, secure in the knowledge that they could return and do the fun stuff on another day. Lots of people have commented in other threads that they would like to see a more "non-locals" point of view and this video feeds right into that. But 99% of visitors who come to GE are going to prioritize the offerings there by placing Rise of the Resistance, Smuggler's Run, and Oga's Cantina at the top and place shopping and eating toward the bottom. So to counterbalance this video, it would be nice to see another video that shows us expert tips on how to best experience the three major things that they were unable to do. What do we, as visitors, need to do to avoid being limited to doing only the lowest priority activites? Because visitors spending thousands of dollars to come to WDW and not do the three highest priority activities just ain't happening.

So yes, I hope that they keep coming out with content like this for entertainment value. But that needs to be balanced by "Pro Tips on How To..." content, remembering that the "I" in "DIS" stands for "Information".

I really liked the energy of the video but I agree with others who have stated in other posts that The Dis lacks a non-local point of view. I just got home from a short trip that included MNSSHP and 1 day at DHS. My day at DHS, my only full park day in 2023, sure looked different than their day. I never see vloggers getting up and out the door for early entry, they usually waltz into the park at some point in the afternoon. I have to scour the 'just back' thread to see what time the parks are actually letting people in. Vloggers look at a long wait and skip the ride, how about showing the process of genie+ or lightning lane, or actually stand in the line and show what you can do on the Play Disney Parks app or ideas to pass the time in line.

Oooh, that's a good in park show suggestion...the Play Disney app in the parks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter