Gallaxy Edge Needs A Child Ride.

If Galaxy's Edge was it's own stand alone park, I would agree there needs to be a ride the little guys can go on.
But since it's only part of DHS, then technically they do have rides to go on, including the new family ride opening - Mickey & Minnie's Run-away Railway.

If Galaxy's Edge was it's own stand alone park, I would agree there needs to be a ride the little guys can go on.
But since it's only part of DHS, then technically they do have rides to go on, including the new family ride opening - Mickey & Minnie's Run-away Railway.
So they’ve taken away the creepy alien clinging to the ceiling?

It needs SOMETHING for young kids to do, because even disregarding the height requirements, many kids won't want to ride either of the other 2 rides, due to fears, motion sickness, intensity, etc.

I don't think adding rides "everyone" can do makes a land "todddlerified." However, the land does stand in pretty stark contrast to literally every other Disney theme park land, and that may be a large reason for the lackluster attendance. When you have a family that CANNOT experience a land together for lack of things a child can or wants to do, you have the situation where the family has to split up, or visits once and then never returns to because there was nothing for the kid. Every other land strikes that balance where there is something for everyone.

SOMETHING needs to be added to Galaxy's Edge that will occupy and interest kids under 5 as well as people who can't tolerate motion simulator attractions.

It needs SOMETHING for young kids to do, because even disregarding the height requirements, many kids won't want to ride either of the other 2 rides, due to fears, motion sickness, intensity, etc.

I don't think adding rides "everyone" can do makes a land "todddlerified." However, the land does stand in pretty stark contrast to literally every other Disney theme park land, and that may be a large reason for the lackluster attendance. When you have a family that CANNOT experience a land together for lack of things a child can or wants to do, you have the situation where the family has to split up, or visits once and then never returns to because there was nothing for the kid. Every other land strikes that balance where there is something for everyone.

SOMETHING needs to be added to Galaxy's Edge that will occupy and interest kids under 5 as well as people who can't tolerate motion simulator attractions.

Disagree. It’s just right the way it is. I applaud Disney for not going the kiddie route in this one.

nope it does not, there are tons of other rides your kids can do that they wont be scared on and wont give them motion sickness

I don't think adding rides "everyone" can do makes a land "todddlerified." However, the land does stand in pretty stark contrast to literally every other Disney theme park land,
so what, its built that way for a reason. Its a trading outpost on the edge of the Galaxy, not a generic themepark land. Its a very different concept which you need to accept

When you have a family that CANNOT experience a land together for lack of things a child can or wants to do, you have the situation where the family has to split up, or visits once and then never returns to because there was nothing for the kid. Every other land strikes that balance where there is something for everyone.
again, there are tons of other places for your kids, this is for the big kids that enjoy Disney

no, the do not need to add something for the under 5s,. Disney is for everyone, but everyone does not just mean kids. Finally with Batuu we have a land in Disney which is more for the older kids and adults, so deal with it and come back in 15 years when your kids are grown. Go back to Magic Kingdom where its kiddy friendly and leave those of us who actually enjoy Battu in peace

Disagree. It’s just right the way it is. I applaud Disney for not going the kiddie route in this one.

It's not "going the kiddie route" to have ONE ride that is accessible to ages 0-100 in a land.

Is the People Mover a kiddie ride? What about Pirates of the Caribbean, It's a Small World, Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Spaceship Earth, Kilamanjaro Safari, etc.?

The land, as is, is VOID of anything that an infant, toddler, or very elderly person can enjoy. This is what makes the land so polarizing to families traveling with members who can get nothing out of it.

I find it highly selfish to think that just because a land appeals to you, it's perfectly fine as is. I think it is very clear that Disney missed the mark somewhat with this land and we will see how they fix it as time goes on.

I don't think a Dumbo spinner is the answer, but it needs something appealing to everyone.

It's not "going the kiddie route" to have ONE ride that is accessible to ages 0-100 in a land.

Is the People Mover a kiddie ride? What about Pirates of the Caribbean, It's a Small World, Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Spaceship Earth, Kilamanjaro Safari, etc.?

The land, as is, is VOID of anything that an infant, toddler, or very elderly person can enjoy. This is what makes the land so polarizing to families traveling with members who can get nothing out of it.

I find it highly selfish to think that just because a land appeals to you, it's perfectly fine as is. I think it is very clear that Disney missed the mark somewhat with this land and we will see how they fix it as time goes on.

I don't think a Dumbo spinner is the answer, but it needs something appealing to everyone.

we get it, you don't like Batuu, you have been posting negatively about the whole land since it opened, but you know what, Disney obviously don't care , and there are a great number of us who actually LIKE what they have done with the land. You had negative posts about Ogas, and about Smugglers Run when it opened and now you are back yet again complaining.

Just deal with it and move on, the land is obviously not for you, you don't enjoy it, and you just complain all the time and want things changed.

For your own enjoyment of Disney Parks, just don't go there any more, as you obviously don't understand or like Batuu.

we get it, you don't like Batuu, you have been posting negatively about the whole land since it opened, but you know what, Disney obviously don't care , and there are a great number of us who actually LIKE what they have done with the land. You had negative posts about Ogas, and about Smugglers Run when it opened and now you are back yet again complaining.

Just deal with it and move on, the land is obviously not for you, you don't enjoy it, and you just complain all the time and want things changed.

For your own enjoyment of Disney Parks, just don't go there any more, as you obviously don't understand or like Batuu.

Why the personal attack, though. I can say the same about you, in reverse. You can't seem to handle ANY criticism of the land.

One can be critical and still enjoy something, you know. The world isn't all black or white.

Why the personal attack, though. I can say the same about you, in reverse. You can't seem to handle ANY criticism of the land.

One can be critical and still enjoy something, you know. The world isn't all black or white.

not meant to be a personal attack, just trying to make you see that you are just one voice in a sea of people who actually enjoy the land.

The parks have so much more to offer and for me, I know that the parks are my happy place and I dont focus on the negatives , just the positives. For example I really really don't like Space Mountain or Splash Mountain. I have had bad experiences and so I avoid them.

Im not posting about how they should be changed or that they dont belong in Disney parks. I know huge amounts of people enjoy them, and thats great. I just know they are not for me, and I move on and spend my time on the rides I do enjoy

I get what you are saying, but would try to solve the problem in a different way...A large play area, the scope and theming similar to the Boneyard in AK, located in TSL. It would give the kids a place to burn off steam and is appropriate to that land. When traveling with larger age diverse groups we use the Boneyard to occupy the kids while some adults hit EE or Dinosaur and the others keep an eye on the kids, then switch.
Perfect solution. That boneyard is so underrated and would do exactly what you say. It would also be fairly easy to integrate into the theming.

not meant to be a personal attack, just trying to make you see that you are just one voice in a sea of people who actually enjoy the land.

The parks have so much more to offer and for me, I know that the parks are my happy place and I dont focus on the negatives , just the positives. For example I really really don't like Space Mountain or Splash Mountain. I have had bad experiences and so I avoid them.

Im not posting about how they should be changed or that they dont belong in Disney parks. I know huge amounts of people enjoy them, and thats great. I just know they are not for me, and I move on and spend my time on the rides I do enjoy

You seem to be missing the point. You are talking about individual RIDES, not entire lands. If one doesn't like Splash Mountain, there's also Winnie the Pooh. Space Mountain not for you? Cool...there's still Autopia, the Rockets, Buzz Lightyear, Star Tours.

Also, do you have kids? Do you travel with other family members?

I know I already weighed in, but I'm in the car driving home from DW, so I have nothing better to do 😂.

The land is exquisite just the way it is. No one should assume every young child doesn't enjoy it. I met a 5yo Star Wars fan who was stoked he got to ride RotR twice because of rider swap. Just as with adults, SWGE will resonate with some young kids and others just won't like it. If a child (or adult, for that matter) has a sense of adventure, SWGE will draw them in, regardless of how much they like Star Wars.

I have gone to DW many times with my niece and nephew, and now my 15mo DD is coming home from her first trip. Something that my niece and nephew had to learn, and my daughter will too, is that a family vacation is not just about them. There will be parts that some members enjoy more than others, but we do everything. There's always something they can find to like about a land or a park; shopping, theming, games, entertainment, etc.

I know I already weighed in, but I'm in the car driving home from DW, so I have nothing better to do 😂.

The land is exquisite just the way it is. No one should assume every young child doesn't enjoy it. I met a 5yo Star Wars fan who was stoked he got to ride RotR twice because of rider swap. Just as with adults, SWGE will resonate with some young kids and others just won't like it. If a child (or adult, for that matter) has a sense of adventure, SWGE will draw them in, regardless of how much they like Star Wars.

I have gone to DW many times with my niece and nephew, and now my 15mo DD is coming home from her first trip. Something that my niece and nephew had to learn, and my daughter will too, is that a family vacation is not just about them. There will be parts that some members enjoy more than others, but we do everything. There's always something they can find to like about a land or a park; shopping, theming, games, entertainment, etc.
Yep. Fair enough. Just watching the imagineering episodes and had me thinking about Walts old philosophy about having attractions that the whole family could enjoy together from very old to very young.

So thought it would be a fun thought experiment as to what we could come up with.

I get what you are saying, but would try to solve the problem in a different way...A large play area, the scope and theming similar to the Boneyard in AK, located in TSL. It would give the kids a place to burn off steam and is appropriate to that land. When traveling with larger age diverse groups we use the Boneyard to occupy the kids while some adults hit EE or Dinosaur and the others keep an eye on the kids, then switch.

I love this idea! What immediatly comes to mind is something with various stationary space craft, like a parking lot or a scrap yard. There could be working steering wheels, gears/levers, and buttons, but ships won't actually move. It would be all pretend. There could also be walkers (like the AT-AT) and other vehicles/ships/craft for them to climb in and explore.

"The Ewok Experience"

I love Ewoks! I really wish they had a regular presence in the park. My dream is for Chip and Dale's tree-house to be expanded and rethemed to the Ewok village. I would also settle for Tarzan's Treehouse being rethemed to Ewoks.

I don't think Galaxy's Edge need's a child ride per say, but I do think a none-height-requirement ride would be great. Maybe something on par with The Great Movie Ride, Spaceship Earth or Pirates of the Caribbean but done to Star Wars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter