Game of Thrones - Season 8 - NO SPOILERS PLEASE

RUDisney

Mom to Ivan & Kristina
I searched for another thread, but none seemed to exist.

What did you think of last night's episode?

There were terrible storms here last night and I was concerned that they would knock out my dish, but they held off until after 10.

My favorite parts were in the crypt and when Jon reunited with Arya and Samwell.

I searched for another thread, but none seemed to exist.

What did you think of last night's episode?

There were terrible storms here last night and I was concerned that they would knock out my dish, but they held off until after 10.

My favorite parts were in the crypt and when Jon reunited with Arya and Samwell.
I'm not watching Game of Thrones, but you should probably add a spoiler alert to your title. It doesn't matter to me, but some people can't seem to help clicking on TV and movie threads, then getting upset if there are spoilers.

Last edited:
I'm not watching Game of Thrones, but you should probably add a spoiler alert to your title. It doesn't matter to me, but some people can't seem help clicking on TV and movie threads, then getting upset if there are spoilers.
You're right... but how do I change the title? I've looked and cant find where I can do that.

You're right... but how do I change the title? I've looked and cant find where I can do that.
When you are in the thread, there should be a small link at the top right called "Thread Tools." If you click on that, you will see an option to "Edit Title."

ETA: I see you edited it with "NO SPOILERS PLEASE." Based on what I'm seeing in this thread, you probably should have "Warning Spoilers."

When you are in the thread, there should be a small link at the top right called "Thread Tools." If you click on that, you will see an option to "Edit Title."
You are my hero! I never would have found it without your coaching.

I’m feeling...cautious. I’ve been GOT’ing since I started reading the books 18 years ago. I am really invested in these characters and SO want it to conclude in a way that’s “worthy” of its epic scope. Last night’s episode had a few instances where the dialogue just didn’t seem quite right; just somehow less than we’ve come to expect from who these characters are and what they’ve been through.

I realize there is a TON of resolution to super-complex storylines that needs to be packed into a very few hours. I just hope that doesn’t result in trite scripts and over-reliance on the audience “filling-in-the-blanks”. We shall see. :scratchin

I had chills as soon as the opening music came on. I didn't realize it has been 18 months since the last episode! Loved it. I actually watched the last two episodes of the last season before watching Season 8 Episode 1 to refresh myself on where it left off.

MJ

I had chills as soon as the opening music came on. I didn't realize it has been 18 months since the last episode! Loved it. I actually watched the last two episodes of the last season before watching Season 8 Episode 1 to refresh myself on where it left off.

MJ

I did the same thing! Though, I've been watching every day on one of the sub HBO stations as they were marathoning the previous seasons.

ETA: I see you edited it with "NO SPOILERS PLEASE." Based on what I'm seeing in this thread, you probably should have "Warning Spoilers."
Agree. It’s going to be pretty hard to have a good discussion over the next few weeks without mentioning what’s actually happening. Anybody reading this thread needs to be reasonably prepared for that.

I’m feeling...cautious. I’ve been GOT’ing since I started reading the books 18 years ago. I am really invested in these characters and SO want it to conclude in a way that’s “worthy” of its epic scope. Last night’s episode had a few instances where the dialogue just didn’t seem quite right; just somehow less than we’ve come to expect from who these characters are and what they’ve been through.

I realize there is a TON of resolution to super-complex storylines that needs to be packed into a very few hours. I just hope that doesn’t result in trite scripts and over-reliance on the audience “filling-in-the-blanks”. We shall see. :scratchin

I agree, although I haven't invested as much as you. I enjoyed last night's episode but things felt rushed a little which made little time for the characters. I think that is why the scene in the crypt was good; it slowed down and focused on John's reaction to the news of his true parents.

I also liked the ending!

The dialogue has suffered since the show outpaced the books, most of the time it's the over reliance on cursing with the chosen expletives the ones common today that tend to pull me out of the story. I hope the show does a great job of wrapping up its storyline, but I'm still holding out hopes to one day enjoy the planned ending in the books. I have more than 20 years in on that journey and do intend to see it through if possible.

Agree. It’s going to be pretty hard to have a good discussion over the next few weeks without mentioning what’s actually happening. Anybody reading this thread needs to be reasonably prepared for that.

Really don't understand the purpose of the thread if we're now calling discussion of what's happened onscreen as a spoiler?

The dialogue has suffered since the show outpaced the books, most of the time it's the over reliance on cursing with the chosen expletives the ones common today that tend to pull me out of the story. I hope the show does a great job of wrapping up its storyline, but I'm still holding out hopes to one day enjoy the planned ending in the books. I have more than 20 years in on that journey and do intend to see it through if possible.

Really don't understand the purpose of the thread if we're now calling discussion of what's happened onscreen as a spoiler?
I simply do not understand why GRRM hasn’t finished the story. :confused: He’s written tons of other things during the time including prequels, guide-books and god-knows-what-all related to the series. There’s no explanation for it really and I’m a little bitter. :mad:

I simply do not understand why GRRM hasn’t finished the story. :confused: He’s written tons of other things during the time including prequels, guide-books and god-knows-what-all related to the series. There’s no explanation for it really and I’m a little bitter. :mad:

My current guess is the next book is actually complete. I think at some point a deal was struck with HBO to allow them to get to their endgame first because they were intent to keep the audience to the end. Given the diversions we know the show has already taken from the books, I figure the book conclusion will be considerably different -- and infinitely more detailed. I'm expecting the next book to appear later this year -- and sure as heck hope he's actually well into getting the next one down on the page so we get to see it possibly 2021. Will be interesting to see if much of the fans that jumped in because of the show decide to stick around or abandon the story after the show ends.

My current guess is the next book is actually complete. I think at some point a deal was struck with HBO to allow them to get to their endgame first because they were intent to keep the audience to the end. Given the diversions we know the show has already taken from the books, I figure the book conclusion will be considerably different -- and infinitely more detailed. I'm expecting the next book to appear later this year -- and sure as heck hope he's actually well into getting the next one down on the page so we get to see it possibly 2021. Will be interesting to see if much of the fans that jumped in because of the show decide to stick around or abandon the story after the show ends.
Have you read Fire & Blood? It’s actually quite excellent and would make a great tv series with plenty (like hundreds of years and dozens of generations) of room for continuation.
Bran is such a weirdo.
Right?!? I actually quite hated how he was in last night’s episode. :crazy2: I hope he reverts to being at least a little more “human” before the story ends.

Loved it!

As for the spoilers, I don’t think anything that has already aired is a spoiler. If you haven’t watched the episode yet, don’t read here if you don’t want to know what happened. To me, a spoiler is something you’ve read/heard/seen that hasn’t been aired yet.

Have you read Fire & Blood? It’s actually quite excellent and would make a great tv series with plenty (like hundreds of years and dozens of generations) of room for continuation.

Right?!? I actually quite hated how he was in last night’s episode. :crazy2: I hope he reverts to being at least a little more “human” before the story ends.

Bran reminded me of a creeper who is always watching you. He was really creeping in last night's episode.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!