Game of Thrones - Season 8 - NO SPOILERS PLEASE

I was a little disappointed in the episode last night. There are only 2 more- I am hoping there aren't a lot of loose ends left.

Once Dany loses her final dragon, she will not be the threat she once was.
I don’t think she can possibly end up on the iron throne at the end.

This is how GOT should end, with Ghost riding Drogon, ruling over the 7 kingdoms.

ln0oh8puh4r01.jpg

That dragon dying last night bothered me more than almost any character that has died.
It just came from nowhere and there was no sense to it. Unless they just needed to even the playing fields and did a poor job at getting them there.

Yeah, I don't care much about the dragons either. But if she does lose this last one, she really will be pretty weak. I think, though, they did away with the 2 dragons and Ghost to save some money.

I loved the dragons, & the one dying last night made no sense.

I said to my daughter, "George R R Martin never would have killed the dragon."

And I also don't get why Dany didn't say "dracarys" & have her dragon send fire raining down on Euron & his fleet?

:rolleyes1 Let's see...that would be Sansa Stark (the North), the smarmy little worm Robin Arryn for the Vale, no legitimate Baratheons left for the Stormlands so maybe Gendry, no Tyrells left at all that we know of so the Reach is up for grabs, Jamie Lannister is the "official" heir to the Westerlands, Yara Greyjoy occupies the Iron Islands but Euron would definitely challenge her claim and there aren't any Martels left down in Dorne either that we know of.
IS Jaime the official heir to Casterly Rock and the title of Warden of the West? When he was actively working as King's Guard, he was unable to inherit ... or has Cersei disbanded the King's Guard (which would now be Queen's Guard)?

After last night, of course, we all know that the newest Baratheon will be Lord of the Stormlands ... giving Gendry one of the very special castles designed by Bran the Builder. And I think we all agree WHY Dany gave him that honor: She wants him to feel indebted to her, and she doesn't want him considering that he's the only remaining son of the last real king.
And when are they going to use Bran's skills?! Couldn't he have told them "hey, Euron is there waiting for you.. be careful".
Totally agree! Bran doesn't seem to grasp that he could use his knowledge to help people around him, but he also said he doesn't "want" anymore ... so I take that to mean he just doesn't care about things like whether Jon sits the throne, whether his sisters are killed, etc. Did you notice that at the feast he was just sitting there, not even eating?

But why don't the rest of them think to ASK Bran?
And do you think Euron caught the fact that Tyrion knew about Cersei's baby? Hopefully that puts a rift between them.
Euron is very smart, and I do think he will put it together later -- if he hasn't yet. I mean, it's pretty simple math: You just told me this morning that you're pregnant. You haven't seen your brother in months. How could he know? Of course, I'm not convinced Cersei isn't making up the whole pregnancy thing ... first to try to keep Jaime near her, now to bind Euron to herself without the legal ties of marriage.
Did anyone else feel Rhaegal's death coming as soon as they showed the dragons flying over Dragonstone? My first thought was dang they're dangerously exposed right now....
Nope, I never thought it for a single second ... so it punched me in the gut.
ETA: And Jon sent Ghost away?!?! IMO Sansa's warnings are spot on about the men in her family riding south. Major drama with Gendry coming.
If I had a direwolf, I'd never let it out of my sight. Never!

Yes, Sansa is clearly the most sensible Stark.
Did you notice, however, that Jon didn't break his promise to Dany? HE isn't the one who told Sansa and Arya. He let Bran tell them. I wondered if that was foreshadowing to a new conversation between Jon and Dany where she would question him about this. Varys was also right. If 8 people know the truth, it isn't a secret anymore, but a conversation.
Interesting ... I didn't note that Jon didn't technically break his promise.

Again, why don't these people think to ask Bran, "Hey, Bro, you're kinda all-knowing. What would be the result of Jon taking the throne vs. Jon marrying Dany? Or, can you suggest a better plan?"
Dany and her troops again prove they are the WORST army evah. You fly both dragons in broad daylight around never expecting that they might have developed some sort of weapon to shoot them down? ... Because why in the heck once exposed would Dany not just circle Drogon around to the back of Euron's fleet and torch them?
Did you catch the dragon-killer in the title sequence? And last week they had a ditch of fire around Winterfell.

Agree that after the battle at HighGarden when Bron tried to shoot down a dragon, Dany should've thought, "Hmmm, they have this technology." But we all know Dany isn't skilled in combat strategy.

I asked the same thing, "WHY didn't Dany circle behind Euron and LIGHT HIM UP?" I think the answer is, she was flying her last remaining dragon and was afraid for his safety ... and her own safety, if he were to be shot down. With the heavy clothes she was wearing, she'd not have been able to save herself. Also, every ship had a gun, and I think they were on swivels, so they could've turned them all against her.

I swear if they don't give Arya some kind of scene using her faceless man skills I'm going to be really irritated. They spent an entire season with her gaining that skill and with the exception of the incredibly satisfying end of Walder Frey, has she used it at all? I'm mostly hoping she kills Cersei disguised as Jamie or Tyrion.
Yes, Arya killing the Knight King wasn't half as cool as killing Walder Frey ... and all his male descendants.
So if Gendry is now made legitimate son of Robert, wouldn't he be the true king now? What if Dany and Jon both die...wouldn't it be Gendry?
Well, Gendry is the true son of old Bobby-B ... Joffrey and Tomen weren't really his sons, BUT once they took the kingship, they broke the line of kingship. So it's a gray area. Should the line remain Lannister ... should it revert to the last king (Baratheon) ... or should it revert to the previous line (Targaryen)? I don't think a solid answer exists.

Regardless, I don't think Gendry is going to attempt to claim any potential rights he might have. Being Lord of the Stormlands (one of the seven most important people in the land, one step below the king) is more than he even anticipated. I don't see him even thinking of trying for the Iron Throne.
I wonder if Dany will die soon (or go mad) and Arya will push Jon to do what he doesn't want to do...step up and rule. And she will see he will do what's best for the realm even though it's 'not him'. Then she will realize she should marry Gendry...maybe she will realize it is 'her' as Jon realizes it is him (to be king).
Remember that they told us a long time ago that everytime a Targ. is born, the gods flip a coin to determine whether that child will be mad or not. Result of all that incest?

Yes, if Dany married Gendry the two lines would converge, and it would make sense.
Do we know that Cersei wanted Bronn to kill her brothers or just that her hand said so? I think Jaime has gone to kill her and then most likely take his own life, that is how I see the two of them ending up. They came into the world together and they go out together.
Yes, I was remembering that line about "we came into the world together". However they die, I think it will be together.
This is how GOT should end, with Ghost riding Drogon, ruling over the 7 kingdoms.

ln0oh8puh4r01.jpg
I'd totes watch that show.
Yeah, I don't care much about the dragons either. But if she does lose this last one, she really will be pretty weak. I think, though, they did away with the 2 dragons and Ghost to save some money.
Eh, I can't jump on that train. This show is making money for HBO like nothing else ever has. Why would they cheap out at this point?

Eh, I can't jump on that train. This show is making money for HBO like nothing else ever has. Why would they cheap out at this point?
Don't know why but they seem to have cheaped out (hence the Starbucks cup). They are probably paying some hefty salaries and lots of them. The Ghost scene was cheap looking (couldn't even get Jon hugging him). One thought on the battle being so dark and fuzzy was so they could cheap out and we wouldn't see it clearly to know.

(Oh, and I meant Arya marrying Gendry not Dany).

Don't know why but they seem to have cheaped out (hence the Starbucks cup). They are probably paying some hefty salaries and lots of them. The Ghost scene was cheap looking (couldn't even get Jon hugging him). One thought on the battle being so dark and fuzzy was so they could cheap out and we wouldn't see it clearly to know.

(Oh, and I meant Arya marrying Gendry not Dany).

I totally got why Jon walked away from Ghost without saying goodbye. It was hard enough for him to say goodbye to his friends, Ghost was just too much. WHY does he have to be in love with Dany? He doesn't need to go southwith her. Tormund said it best, he belongs in the North, the North is in him. He recognizes that Ghost doesn't belong in the south, he should recognize it for himself.

I think The Hound and The Mountain will battle and The Hound will kill his brother but be horribly wounded and in great pain and beg Arya to kill him like after his fight with Brienne - except this time Arya will kill him to ease his suffering

I have started to think that Arya won't be given the privilege of taking out both the Night King and Cersei. So I think it will be someone else responsible for Cersei's demise. But...

I have started wondering if Arya might take the Hound's face, after he is mortally wounded, to finish off the Mountain. Perhaps, having to make the choice to go after Cersei or to help her "friend" dispatch his brother. Surprising herself by which path she chooses.

Bran said that "he spends most of his time in the past." So I wonder if the Bran the Builder speculation is true. But mostly something the show will ignore because either the writers don't understand the point of Bran or don't think his point "makes good tv." So mostly a book solution.

I think Jon and Dany end up killing each other, leaving the Iron Throne question unsettled, and setting up the War of the Roses solution of Sansa + Tyrion. That wedding night promise by Tyrion to not touch her until she asks, seems like foreshadowing that someday she would ask.

I’m not sure Arya taking the Hounds face will also change her from a small girl to a giant man - I think it’s just the face and not that body that she ‘wears’...
And I could see Sansa with Tyrion- fulfilling her original destiny of marrying the king.
I think Jon kills Dany to keep her from destroying Westeros and disappears into the north to hang with the Wildlings and Ghost.
And lastly I think the 2 David’s are nowhere near the writers that 1 GRRM is

Did Bran say something about his chair being fashioned after a chair someone else used? Maybe another person also named Bran? Makes me think he is the all the Brans from history.

Also Arya...

iitsad-ad-compton-8TCeW361fKHSX1zyAS

(I’m on my phone so the gif may not have worked)

Also the Brienne/Jamie was . It felt like the writers were teenagers writing bad fanfiction.

“So like, how do we get Brienne and Jamie together?”

“Like, make them kiss?”

“Yeah.”

“We could have them play like, truth or dare.”

“Ooh. How about like, a drinking game? Where like, Brienne totally confesses to being a virgin.”

Did anyone else think the "next time on Game of Thrones" stuff at the end kind of alluded to maybe MORE dragons showing up? A little deus ex machina-y but why not at this point?

Could be more dragon eggs - hidden within Dragonstone

Did anyone else think the "next time on Game of Thrones" stuff at the end kind of alluded to maybe MORE dragons showing up? A little deus ex machina-y but why not at this point?
I hope so! The dragons are my favorites.
Could be more dragon eggs - hidden within Dragonstone
But they start out so small. Maybe 2 of the dragons had babies and when they fly off periodically they are taking care of them. I am going way out there now, but I really love the dragons. :maleficen

I kind wondered if there would be more dragons.

I don't know...2 episodes left isn't much time to introduce new stuff. Like Bran the builder or new dragons or Tyrion (or Cersei and Jaime) being actually Targaryens.

So many options out there for the ending. Don't know how it will go. Sad it's over and I am a bit disappointed in this last season. We shall see if the disappointment continues. The very worst for me would be Euron taking the throne.

I’m not sure Arya taking the Hounds face will also change her from a small girl to a giant man - I think it’s just the face and not that body that she ‘wears’...
And I could see Sansa with Tyrion- fulfilling her original destiny of marrying the king.
I think Jon kills Dany to keep her from destroying Westeros and disappears into the north to hang with the Wildlings and Ghost.
And lastly I think the 2 David’s are nowhere near the writers that 1 GRRM is

The faces are a glamour, a magic that the Faceless Men use. She would appear to be according to whatever face she takes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter