Game of Thrones - Season 8 - NO SPOILERS PLEASE

Yeah the show didn't even really SHOW the love story between them (jon and Dany). They just hooked up on a long boat ride and next thing we know he is completely on bent knee and so in love. And she is 'his queen'....he has said over and over that she's 'his queen'.

So her doing his has pretty much wiped out any Westeros army that might follow Jon and try to overthrow her. Maybe this was intentional to keep there from being an Uprising against her.
Interesting thought.
Yeah. I think she was pretty much just killing everyone because she's paranoid.
Just hoping that Sansa is ready!

Also maybe I'm in the minority but I've enjoyed this final season. I feel like fans are very hard to please with a popular show's final season. There are a few shows that seemed to satisfy the public but more often than not there is a lot more complaining than praising.
You probably are in the minority, but I do agree with your point. When shows are very popular AND very well done, the fans have high expectations for what they want to see. This is hard for so many of us because there are so many story lines to wrap up quickly. I doubt that I'll walk away 100% satisfied. Most viewers will not. But I very much prefer the quick premature ending to those great shows that stay on for too long and just peter out with a crap, who cares, ending.

In what sense? What are you looking for exactly?
I posted several thoughts on here (though am on 3 different forums so maybe I didn't post enough of my thoughts on this forum). But I am stealing this from another poster on another forum as it sums up my thoughts on this episode pretty well...

The show writers went out of their way to humanize Cersei (using Jaime to do it) after all her vile deeds, while Dany, who's been drawn as more humane than Cersei for 7+ seasons is reduced to a monstrous killing machine.

In a word: Gross.

In another word: Bull crap

I posted several thoughts on here (though am on 3 different forums so maybe I didn't post enough of my thoughts on this forum). But I am stealing this from another poster on another forum as it sums up my thoughts on this episode pretty well...

The show writers went out of their way to humanize Cersei (using Jaime to do it) after all her vile deeds, while Dany, who's been drawn as more humane than Cersei for 7+ seasons is reduced to a monstrous killing machine.

In a word: Gross.

In another word: Bull crap

Fair enough

That is NOT the way I wanted to Cersei to go. Jesus, if Dany was going to be a ruthless killing machine, why didn't she fly Drogon right up to Cersei's window and burn her alive? She would have seen the dragon coming and know that she was toast.

Same with Joffrey, I wanted him to die a brutal death where he KNEW he was taking his last breath, and they poison him.

That is NOT the way I wanted to Cersei to go. Jesus, if Dany was going to be a ruthless killing machine, why didn't she fly Drogon right up to Cersei's window and burn her alive? She would have seen the dragon coming and know that she was toast.

Same with Joffrey, I wanted him to die a brutal death where he KNEW he was taking his last breath, and they poison him.

I think by the last breath, and probably well before that, Joffrey knew he was taking his last breath. It may not have come from a sword, or melting gold over someone's head or eaten by his own dogs, but it still ranks as one of the more brutal deaths imo. It certainly wasn't gentle, painless death like his killer got.

Last edited:
Not that I'm happy that Dany became a maniac. But if Tyrion's plan would have come to fruition, and everyone would have been spared, and maybe Cersei thrown in prison for life, that would have been predictable, boring, and complete weak sauce.

Not that I'm happy that Dany became a maniac. But if Tyrion's plan would have come to fruition, and everyone would have been spared, and maybe Cersei thrown in prison for life, that would have been predictable, boring, and complete weak sauce.
For a minute there I was sure Tyrion was headed for the bell tower to ring it himself. :confused3 I wonder who did ring it? Not that it mattered - Dany went all Aerys on them and Grey Worm started the carnage on the ground even after the Red Cloaks all yielded.

For a minute there I was sure Tyrion was headed for the bell tower to ring it himself. :confused3 I wonder who did ring it? Not that it mattered - Dany went all Aerys on them and Grey Worm started the carnage on the ground even after the Red Cloaks all yielded.

I think it was just some of the town people that rang it. As Jamie was running down the stairs, others people were coming up and you could hear them screaming "ring the bell, ring the bell."

Well I thought it was an epic episode - loved every minute! When they repeated a couple of times in the intro “when a Targaryen is born the Gods flip a coin” I figured she was going to go berko (berserk). Opens up for a very interesting final episode, her armies have her support but not from Jon, Tyrion, Davos or Arya...

I was (I think) disappointed with Cersei’s death however with Jamie saying all she ever cared about was her children, maybe it was an appropriate way to go.

Loved Cleganemania, pleased that got to play out and there was fire involved.

Whew!

I have to agree with others. I thought Cers and jamie's ending was lame. and that horse loooked more confused than Arya why he was there. And how would the people folk know they should ring the bell? was't that Jamie and Tiers secret?
And why would the Hound suddenly at the most dangerous time tell Arya she will die if she stays? The only reason I could come up with is he knew Dany would turn on other army. But how would he know that.
I think they should have waited for Martin.
I also agree it seemed out of character for Dany. I mean she knew more than likely where Cersi was, but she killed tons of people before she headed to the castle. She knew Cersi didn't care about the people.

Last edited:
WOW - is all I can say about last night...

So I guess we are going with the mad queen route... DH pegged it right last night as she was sitting on Drogon, and the bells started ringing...I said she's won... DH said "She's going to burn the city to the ground... and she did just that...

Arya will have to kill her... Green Eyes... she saw the destruction... and all the people as well as Jon and Tyrion.... I think that Dany is going to try to kill Jon... and might try to burn him and maybe Bran will warg into Drogon to save him, Drogon may not burn him on his own, which is going to show everyone who Jon really is...

Or

She is going to go after Sansa, Arya, Bran, Samwell ... which Jon will never allow to happen....

Varys last words to Tyrion.... saying he was hoping he was wrong... Tyrion was freaking out last night and rightfully so...I'm sure he was thinking I should have listened to Varys...

The fight scene between the mountain and the hound... was really intense... I was glad he made Arya turn back... and we were cheering for the hound... RIP Sandor... aka The Hound...

The ending for Jamie and Cersei’s... it was in a way what I expected... I knew that they would die together, he always said that he wanted to die in the arms of the woman he loved...I so wished for him and Brienne to have ended up together...

I do admit, Jamie and Tyrions goodbye was so touching.... Peter Dinkledge is a amazing actor, they so got this scene right... Nailed it...

Another thought on Varys...how many of his letters made it out to the other Lords... ? this might come into play...

Only one more episode... Then I will start reading the books...

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter