Game of Thrones - Season 8 - NO SPOILERS PLEASE

We needed more time for Jon to clearly be worried about Dany's mental health. For him to understand how watching a second dragon die and her best friend beheaded and her new-found lover turning out to be a nephew and threat to her throne all pushed her to the edge.

And don't forget Jorah's death. I think that's the one that really did her in. When Tyrion came to her, she was all alone. Very poignant.

The scene of the Iron Throne buried in ashes has come true. Next week will we see Dany return to Drogo and their baby?

Wendy's post reminded me -- why on earth was Ser Davos on the very front line of Jon's advance into King's Landing? I don't even think he had a sword. He's not a soldier, he never has been. That's been made abundantly clear time and time again.

In the battle of Winterfell he had control of the gate initially because his judgment was entirely trustworthy, yet he had no fighting skills whatsoever. I don't think we ever saw him at any point during the battle engaged in any combat. One time in particular we watched him simply standing there, observing Arya fully engaged in combat completely astounded that this small younger sister of Jon's was possibly the most ferocious fighter he'd ever seen based on the look on his face.

Wendy's post reminded me -- why on earth was Ser Davos on the very front line of Jon's advance into King's Landing? I don't even think he had a sword. He's not a soldier, he never has been. That's been made abundantly clear time and time again.

In the battle of Winterfell he had control of the gate initially because his judgment was entirely trustworthy, yet he had no fighting skills whatsoever. I don't think we ever saw him at any point during the battle engaged in any combat. One time in particular we watched him simply standing there, observing Arya fully engaged in combat completely astounded that this small younger sister of Jon's was possibly the most ferocious fighter he'd ever seen based on the look on his face.

Wasn't he fighting during the Battle of the Bastards? Or am I remembering that wrong? (Which is very possible.)

I just thought I remembered a scene where he & Jon look across at each other while fighting during the Battle.

Wasn't he fighting during the Battle of the Bastards? Or am I remembering that wrong? (Which is very possible.)

I just thought I remembered a scene where he & Jon look across at each other while fighting during the Battle.

I'm not positive, but my memory says Davos remained above the fray from the vantage point overlooking the fight where Jon started out and was supposed to command from until he took Ramsey's bait and went to save Rickon. I believe Davos gave the order to the troops to ultimately ride out to Jon out on the battlefield where the Bolton forces were advancing to commence the battle. I can't be certain that's entirely correct, but that's how I remember it. I thought the look between Jon and Davos was up on the rise before Jon recklessly and futilely rode out to save Rickon.

Oh & one of my other quibbles from last night's episode -

Do the Dothraki & Unsullied keep multiplying?
This I wondered too. I thought most of the dothraki were wiped out at Winterfell. As well as what was mentioned up thread about why couldn't Dany and 2 dragons lay waste to Euron and his fleet in epi 4 but she did it with just 1 dragon this epi???

Davos and Jon did not enter the city until the Unsullied and Dothraki. They were rally at the back of the frey and only came forward when the last defenders were outside the gate to the red keep. Davos had a sword and did use it after Gey Worm went all vengence and they started killing all the soldiers who had dropped their swords. He then tried to get the innocents out and Dani started lighting it up. Targerions are known for their green eyes. Hence the Millasandra prophesy that Ariya will shut brown eyes, blue eyes and green eyes. She is my odds on favorite to kill Dani. Although for some reason I think Dani is going to keep her one dragon very close just in case someone makes the move.

I just keep dwelling on Arya. That last minute change of plans/exit just made zero sense. :confused3

And are we really sure Jamie and Cersei are really dead? I’m not so sure.

I wonder if they were trying to show she suddenly realized that her third prophesy was to kill Dany. If they were they did an awful job.
Which would have mad sense if Jamie moved Cersi in time to escape Arya so she doesn't feel she completed her mission.

Oh & one of my other quibbles from last night's episode -

Do the Dothraki & Unsullied keep multiplying?

Yes!

And the short preview for next week, looks like there are even more of at least the Unsullied, lined up in the courtyard. Did Dany, leave a reserve legion in Essos that she arranged to show up in King's Landing for the battle?

General thoughts. I'm surprised at the "how could Dany do this?" outrage. They did a pretty good job of hiding the likelihood of Dany going mad until this season, but in retrospect they had planted all the appropriate seeds. Take any of the cliches "the road to Hell is paved with good intentions," "the Villain is the Hero in their own story," "power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely." All of Dany's victories have come with large death tolls. She has always been ruthless to people she believes were against her. And her allies, who had talked her out of some of her other blood-thirsty decisions, had been stripped away one by one.

Arya, while I correctly thought she would abandon her quest for vengeance against Cersei, I guessed wrongly that it would be to help Sandor and not because he simply asked her to. Today, I am seeing her character as a bit of a mirror to Dany. Arya has been walking the path of vengeance since she started her list. She had convinced herself that her destiny lead to death. But as destruction rains down around her, she is reminded that you always have a choice, and she decides that she still is telling the God of Death, "Not Today." So as Dany turns down the path of vengeance, Arya steps off it. Now, she still is a capable killer, so does she have a role to play when it comes to Dany, maybe? But it will not be driven by vengeance, but necessity and in defense of Westeros.

Secondly in regards to Arya, there was a lot of talk after the previous episode about how pointless the Night King and White Walkers turned out to be, and how the TV writers seemed to abandon the what was more important that war, or the Iron Throne. I think the writer's took all of the "there are bigger battles than who sits on the throne" and put it into this battle and not the one with the White Walkers. Which I can see in today's climate being a legitimate choice. It's too easy to look at a mystical, army of the dead and thinking, there are no lessons to be learned. While humans conducting a reign of terror against perceived enemies...yeah, there are many parallels that can be made. Arya's run through the city shows the brutality of war. There are no winners, only losers. Tyrion and Jon having to realize that they hitched themselves behind the wrong horse, no matter how bad Cersei was. There is not the right side and the wrong side, there can be two wrong sides. Quote War Games: "Strange game. The only winning move is not to play." Both Tyrion and Jon failed to recognize that and it cost hundreds of thousands of people their lives (how big is King's Landing anyway? I think of it similar to London).

Jaime and Cersei. I found the whole thing unsatisfying. I blame the needs of a TV show. I'm hoping the books do a better job of showing that Jaime wasn't really winning his path of redemption, but instead a person who weaves back and forth between doing the right thing and wrong thing based on his personal whims and needs. Yes, he's good when it comes to Tyrion and Brienne (I'm not including the TV romance part, just the knight part). Bad when it comes to Cersei. Jaime, the TV character needed to be popular, so he got more redemption arc that perhaps was wise, so it seems like he just threw it all away. Instead of being portrayed as a character that struggled up to the end, and had never broken his co-dependent chains. Cersei, I don't think got a just comeuppance. Hoping for more internal dialog in a book format. Dieing in Jaime's arms, still seems like a victory for her. Like if you're going to die, rather it be in the arms of the one you love. Although I do like the idea that she died anonymously. I can imagine the ruins of the Red Keep being too great to dig down to the bowels, and so her body is never found. And although the audience knows her final fate, as far as the people of Westeros are concerned, "Whatever happened to Cersei Lannister? Nobody knows."

I have a gut feeling how this will end.

Tyrion, the Dwarf King.

Jon now realizes that Dani is a "Mad Queen", and not fit to rule. The last battle showed Jon two things : Tyrion truly cared about the people as a good ruler should, and that his trust in Dani is misplaced. In order to eliminate any future danger, both Dani AND the last dragon must be eliminated. Who is the only other person on earth that BOTH trust - Jon. He will have to lead both into a trap to eliminate her and open the path for a better ruler. The best way to accomplish this is to be "piloting" the dragon with Dani with him, and to go into a trap where none survive - he can't take the chance of anything less.

This eliminated the Targaryen line of succession. Who is the only one left in the Lanister line - Tyrion. And who is still married to Tyrion - Sansa.

The new King and Queen, of the north and the south.

Anybody think Tyrion will make his way down, down, down under the throne room and the rooms with the dragon skulls to look for Jamie and Cersei and possibly come out with something he's wished for since he was a child?

I don't think there is a prophecy (not a 3rd especially) for Arya. The blue eyes thing the Red Woman said to Arya was just for that battle and so she could kill the NK. I think that's done and I truly think her riding off on the white horse meant a new beginning for Arya. No more seeking vengeance as she just lived through the horrors of that and what vengeance in your heart will do to you.

Anybody think Tyrion will make his way down, down, down under the throne room and the rooms with the dragon skulls to look for Jamie and Cersei and possibly come out with something he's wished for since he was a child?
No. No time for that. And it's all buried.

I don't think there is a prophecy (not a 3rd especially) for Arya. The blue eyes thing the Red Woman said to Arya was just for that battle and so she could kill the NK. I think that's done and I truly think her riding off on the white horse meant a new beginning for Arya. No more seeking vengeance as she just lived through the horrors of that and what vengeance in your heart will do to you.

I agree, but the choice of a pale horse was no doubt significant.

I'd love to know if Arya has a plan for where she's headed -- and if her plans for her future after King's Landing have changed since her experience there.

I have a gut feeling how this will end.

Tyrion, the Dwarf King.

Jon now realizes that Dani is a "Mad Queen", and not fit to rule. The last battle showed Jon two things : Tyrion truly cared about the people as a good ruler should, and that his trust in Dani is misplaced. In order to eliminate any future danger, both Dani AND the last dragon must be eliminated. Who is the only other person on earth that BOTH trust - Jon. He will have to lead both into a trap to eliminate her and open the path for a better ruler. The best way to accomplish this is to be "piloting" the dragon with Dani with him, and to go into a trap where none survive - he can't take the chance of anything less.

This eliminated the Targaryen line of succession. Who is the only one left in the Lanister line - Tyrion. And who is still married to Tyrion - Sansa.

The new King and Queen, of the north and the south.
It wasn't LAnister line of succession but Baratheon (to the kingdom). So I think it will be Gendry and Arya.

I agree, but the choice of a pale horse was no doubt significant.

I'd love to know if Arya has a plan for where she's headed -- and if her plans for her future after King's Landing have changed since her experience there.
Pale horse meaning death is a Christian thing which this show is not. I think the white horse means new life. I could be wrong. I have been so wrong about so much with this show. But usually that's because of me following forums and you tube and articles and the such. When I go with my gut, I usually am close. My gut says Gendry and Arya are it....Arya is the prince that was promised. Jon and Tyrion kill Dany and Drogon and Jon will die too. Davos likely as well. I don't feel tyrion or Sansa will die. Just my gut. Sansa will be warden of the north. Maybe Tyrion will die helping to kill Dany and Drogon. Thinking he is allowing Jon to be the ruler but then Jon will need to help and will die doing it.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!