Game of Thrones - Season 8 - NO SPOILERS PLEASE

I'll file it right next to the petition to have Wilson not float away, Pattinson to play Batman, replay the Saints/Rams game and various other such petitions.
trash-can-picture-id170440507

They should just resign themselves to the fact that Game of Thrones, like countless series before it flirted with greatness only to go out in a blaze of mediocrity and move on.

Did I say going out in a blaze of mediocrity? I meant flirting with mediocrity. From the less than mediocre side. HAHAHA.

Same here. I'm struggling to see what was wrong with tonight's finale. This goes back to my theory that I posted a few weeks ago. When it comes to these final seasons of shows that have taken on cult status, it's nearly impossible to please the fan base.
I posted that as well. Honestly, I wasn't sure that I'd end up pleased myself, but I am. They didn't do anything extreme or make any huge last minute surprises. They didn't leave important pieces hanging. They gave the realm a chance to continue, and to be a kinder, gentler version of itself. Even Jon wasn't really given the horrible sentence that it sounded at first. He got to be with Ghost, Thormond, the Wildlings. He could be happy there (well, at least as happy as his brooding nature allows). Sansa always wanted to rule. Aria always wanted to explore. It all made sense to me.

DH and I have loved every episode in every season. Didn’t even mind TOO much that this season was rushed and not written as well as the others. But tonight’s finale was wholly unsatisfying. We thought it was awful. Everything after the dragon in the Iron Throne “room” was terrible. Waste of an hour and twenty minutes.

How many ways to say I love this..... How many ways to say ..... Oh wait. That's the wrong show. I can't keep my shows with waste of time endings straight.

Everything made sense to me. I hope we get to read the expanded version one day. I need a Drogon POV chapter. The actual episode, eh. Some cool visuals with Drogon and Jon. Fun with the small council. But again, a bunch of scenes that drug on too long because someone thought they looked cool. I imagine someone was laughing at all the outrage over Ghost in the earlier episode, knowing that it would all work out for Ghost in the end.

I'm satisfied with the ending. Everyone who was still alive ended up on a path that made sense for them. I didn't want a whole lot of cliffhanger uncertainty or another big blood bath. I'm content.
I'm with @TCRAIG - Arya got sent out with a wimper and no, her path didn't make any sense considering there was absolutely NO hint of her having an inclination towards it - ever.

Other than that, although it's not what I was rootin' for, I actually think the ending was as good as it possibly could be. Also, turns out dragons are way more dexterous than you'd guess. That is all. :wave2:

I'm with @TCRAIG - Arya got sent out with a wimper and no, her path didn't make any sense considering there was absolutely NO hint of her having an inclination towards it - ever.

Other than that, although it's not what I was rootin' for, I actually think the ending was as good as it possibly could be. Also, turns out dragons are way more dexterous than you'd guess. That is all. :wave2:

I would disagree. She has continually rejected the path that ladies of Westeros are expected to take. To marry well. She left Westeros for Braavos. She took the step into the unknown to learn what the Many Faced God offered to her. She was never going to settle down in Westeros; it had nothing to offer her. I think it was quite clear that, if she survived, she would always be the wild Wanderer. Like Nymeria.

Although, "going to the West" is a little too Tolkien.

I would disagree. She has continually rejected the path that ladies of Westeros are expected to take. To marry well. She left Westeros for Braavos. She took the step into the unknown to learn what the Many Faced God offered to her. She was never going to settle down in Westeros; it had nothing to offer her. I think it was quite clear that, if she survived, she would always be the wild Wanderer. Like Nymeria.

Although, "going to the West" is a little too Tolkien.

Agreed. How can anyone say that exploring wasn't her path when she never made clear what her path was. It's as good of an option as any.

I didn’t mind the ending. To be fair, it peaked with the stabbing the next kind of dropped off from there, but it did nicely wrap up a lot of story lines.

It does highlight just how great an ending to a series The Sopranos was - so much build up in that last episode then cut to black and viewer, you’ve seen the clues, make up your own mind on the ending!

I do think it was a mistake to shorten the season... those last two episodes would have helped with the complaint that folks feel rushed... but the 6 episodes were longer, so maybe the overall time was not that much less.

Overall I truly enjoyed the show and the ending. I try not to pick apart shows/movies, just try to enjoy it for what they put forth, you can never make everyone happy, and if I wanted to write it, then I should have. I have read the books and am re-reading them now in anticipation (please oh please) of the final book coming out soon.

As far as the ending of the show, They like circles, with characters/storytelling coming back. Bran the Broken will be the Builder again. I like how many characters got what they wanted from the get go... Jon wanted to be a ranger beyond the wall like Benjen, never mind the Ghost reunion all us pet owners were dying for ... Sansa always wanted to be a queen... Arya always wanted to be wild and different... and happily there are dragons again in the world. They like circles, with characters/storytelling coming back. Bran the Broken will be the Builder again.

I'm mostly satisfied with the way it ended. Jon's story was the only one I didn't care for---to have come so far, only to end up right back where he started. Like everything he had been through was all for nothing. But I suppose he did ultimately choose his own future, which was good, even if he didn't have many options to choose from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter