Game of Thrones - Season 8 - NO SPOILERS PLEASE

I thought the best part was when Drogon came up behind Daenerys and it made her look like she had wings. Cheesy? Yes, very. But cool in its own right.

The rest seemed very Lawrence of Arabia. Again, boring with the long drawn out periods of no dialogue.

Oh, and really appreciated the storm that blew in when Tyrion was in front of the council. I had to watch it again in the middle of the night from that point to make sure I didn't miss anything. DirecTV was out for about 5 minutes. I'm just glad I didn't lose power like a lot of people in my area.

Why Bran? I didn't even think he played in the Game of Thrones, yet he won the game?!? Didn't like that end game. I'll choose to believe that as the king's hand, Tyrion will actually rule on his behalf.

I found it a satisfying if "too tidy" of an ending. I'm not sure anybody really got a happy ending and while initially I was like "Bran? Really?" after a bit of thinking it seemed not only okay but the most reasonable choice. Again, the final plot points I think were appropriate and fine, but way too rushed again. Had we been given more time both before the scorching of King's Landing and some more after then I think it would have all sat much better.

I found the scene with Jon and Dany to be very good though. Her wide-eyed joy and discussions with Jon about them being the only ones who get to choose was an almost more chilling portrait of her insanity then the torching of King's Landing. And, I liked that Drogon torched the throne. Again, tidy, but I was okay with the heavy-handed poetic justice of that moment.

I actually found Grey Worm to be super confusing in the end. I'd have loved a scene where he and some of the Unsullied show up as Drogon is torching the throne and realizing what Jon had done. They move in to kill him and Drogon ends up protecting him thus letting them know that he also is protected by the dragon(s). Otherwise I don't see how Grey Worm doesn't just run a spear through Jon upon discovering what he did. But, alas, however that played out and Jon ends up merely imprisoned isn't shared.

So, yeah, they probably did the best they were wiling to do with things at this point, and I suspect this is roughly what Martin had in mind and it makes sense. Ultimately, the scene with Sam proposing a republic of sorts gets greeted with laughter by the ruling class and the wheel stays firmly in place and rolls on with new players.

I wanted the molten throne to flow over Danaerys' body, permanently encasing it. I thought it would have been a poetic, ironic and fitting end of her quest.

That would have been cool. Also would have solved the issue of how do you know somebody is dead if you don't see the body? Even if someone confesses, that doesn't necessarily mean something happened.

I fell asleep last night, halfway through. I don’t even feel compelled to watch the rest of it.

Last edited:

I felt for Drogon and his nudging Dani, then finally taking off with her. But cheered when she was taken out. Drogon melting the throne seemed like he knew what caused her demise.

Bran- Ok, he saw the future, but I'm not sure that he was the best fit. I'm glad that Sansa did step in to object.

Aryia- I get that she wanted more in life, to not settle down and be confined to gender roles of the day, but Gendry... I was still hoping that they would end up together. Either on the ship or at his castle as her a queen. Because she didn't want to be a lady. So I was disappointed in that aspect. I do wonder if they set up her exploring as a possible spin off like another poster mentioned.

Sansa finally got her crown and the North. So this was fitting, but she has no family there. Even Davos is gone. Who is left at Winterfell with her?

Jon- Fitting where he returned, but was curious how much time passed with him locked up? Thought there'd have been more of a reaction from Thormund when he arrived at that gate.

Breanne and Sam, their final contributions were ok.

Overall I felt that there was more that could have been done. I realize that not everyone would be pleased with the final episode, but I wanted more. Each time the screen faded to black I questioned if that was it? The least the writers could have done was given me a glimpse into the future? Or was leaving it open done on purpose in case they decided to do a spin off on a particular character or group of characters stories?

Why Bran? I didn't even think he played in the Game of Thrones, yet he won the game?!? Didn't like that end game. I'll choose to believe that as the king's hand, Tyrion will actually rule on his behalf.

He seems completely uninterested in human interaction or ruling, so he's essentially leaving it up to the small council to rule while he wargs about and sees stuff?

Can someone please tell me how the final scene closed? :confused: I think my DVR missed a minute or two at the end. Last I saw was Jon riding a horse at the head of a band of Wildlings north of The Wall...I didn't see a fade-to-black or the credits roll.

Can someone please tell me how the final scene closed? :confused: I think my DVR missed a minute or two at the end. Last I saw was Jon riding a horse at the head of a band of Wildlings north of The Wall...I didn't see a fade-to-black or the credits roll.
You missed a shot of some of the wildlings walking into the woods and the credits.

Sansa finally got her crown and the North. So this was fitting, but she has no family there. Even Davos is gone. Who is left at Winterfell with her?

I would bet that if the story continued she would become a tyrant.

I would bet that if the story continued she would become a tyrant.

Ordinarily I'd see that as a likely outcome. Looking at Sansa's story as a whole, I don't think so. I simply think her past under Cersei, Joffrey, Littlefinger and Ramsey's control forged her absolute determination to be in control of her own destiny, not an overriding quest to rule over others.

I wanted Drogo to become loyal to John.

I felt he could have commanded Drogo had he chosen to do so, even in the throne room. Potential for interesting counterpoint to his words to an incarcerated Tyrion just prior.

Remembering he wargs in the books opens the door for a lot of interesting potential.

The Grey Worm scenes threw me off last night. He’s now a ruthless killer of all enemies to his Queen, but somehow puts Jon in prison and allows him to live for killing the Queen? Then he just stands there while Tyrion is choosing a new leader? Then when Tyrion is chosen as hand, Grey Worm says that’s not enough then it goes to another scene to Tyrion as the hand? I thought it was westworld time travelling for a second.

The Grey Worm scenes threw me off last night. He’s now a ruthless killer of all enemies to his Queen, but somehow puts Jon in prison and allows him to live for killing the Queen? Then he just stands there while Tyrion is choosing a new leader? Then when Tyrion is chosen as hand, Grey Worm says that’s not enough then it goes to another scene to Tyrion as the hand? I thought it was westworld time travelling for a second.

It really disturbed me that he packed off the Unsullied onto ships, headed for the Isle of Naath, where "they have no way to protect themselves". Before Missandei's death that wouldn't have seemed ominous in the least. With his current mindset it's unnerving. The only thing worse would have been taking the Dothraki with them.

:mad: Grey Worm should have been executed for war crimes and the entire kit-and-kaboodle of Unsullied and Dothraki sent packing back to where they came from. None of them were necessary, or suitable, for the "new" Westeros.

:scratchin Was anybody else expecting Bryenne to make some reference to being pregnant when she was concluding Jaime's entry in the Histories?

:mad: Grey Worm should have been executed for war crimes and the entire kit-and-kaboodle of Unsullied and Dothraki sent packing back to where they came from. None of them were necessary, or suitable, for the "new" Westeros.

:scratchin Was anybody else expecting Bryenne to make some reference to being pregnant when she was concluding Jaime's entry in the Histories?

I was halfheartedly expecting the group to wink and nod about Jon's assignment. Especially as the Unsullied were boarding ships to somewhere else.

As for Brieanne, yes!!!!!! Likewise I was secretly hoping that for Arya and Gendry. After all it only takes one romp in the hay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter