Game of Thrones - Season 8 - NO SPOILERS PLEASE

I was a little disappointed no one asked Sam about the baby. Gilly was showing when Jon left Winterfell. Jon and Tyrion were locked up for awhile, and the Archmaester had to write the book. So I figured she would have given birth by the time of that small council meeting. Couldn't have had Bran ask and then offer some crytic congratulations?

The whole mid beginning with Dany and the dragon wings, going to the throne room, dying in Jon's arms, and Drogon... had me mesmerized. I feel bad for Emilia, she was devastated when she found out the ending.

For the rest of the show, I was talking to the screen a lot. To Brienne, don't close the book with wet ink! To Tyrion, no, Bran does NOT have the best story. Again Tyrion, Bronn as Master of Coin, really? Was that really Robin Arryn? Wow!

I hope Jon finds a nice Wildling girl.

So if Sansa would have been selected as the protector of the realm, would the North have stayed independent? Lol

For the rest of the show, I was talking to the screen a lot. To Brienne, don't close the book with wet ink! To Tyrion, no, Bran does NOT have the best story. Again Tyrion, Bronn as Master of Coin, really? Was that really Robin Arryn? Wow!

I hope Jon finds a nice Wildling girl.
This is too funny! I thought the same thing about the book. Don't close it! Don't rub your hand over it or it will smudge! Didn't they use some type of ground material to soak up the excess ink so the page would dry faster?

Bronn as Master of Coin! That's like giving Cookie Monster the keys to your bakery!

I hope that Jon finds a nice Wilding girl, too.

Was anyone else disturbed by Ghost's ear? I don't remember it being injured. I would have liked to hear Tormund ask Jon as they were riding away, "So tell me about the big woman. Has she asked for me?" or something like that.

Closing the book with wet ink bothered me, as did her pausing with the pen in her hand. I wanted to yell at her that the ink will drop out creating a pool on the page. Plus writing front/back I kept thinking that the ink will bleed through.

The Grey Worm scenes threw me off last night. He’s now a ruthless killer of all enemies to his Queen, but somehow puts Jon in prison and allows him to live for killing the Queen? Then he just stands there while Tyrion is choosing a new leader? Then when Tyrion is chosen as hand, Grey Worm says that’s not enough then it goes to another scene to Tyrion as the hand? I thought it was westworld time travelling for a second.

The whole thing with Grey Worm bothered me the most. He was so angry, yet he just sort of rolled over. It just didn't work.

Maybe, if he hears enough fans were dissatisfied with the ending of the show, Martin will write that last book. He'd make a mint. I'd read it to see how he'd end things.

After killing Dany,Jon Snow would have been executed on sight by Greyworm and the unsullied, not jailed. Or by the dragon. I don't know. Somebody. It's weird that after a bloodthirsty massacre for their beloved queen they all suddenly reign themselves in and start jailing people. Whatever.

I think if they wanted to make Bran the king, it should have been more in keeping with the "game" of thrones. At the point he is suggested for the throne, he is an utterly flat, personality- free but magical being staring off into space. It should have been like, the throne still exists and is on the platform with all of them at the end. They make him king, and he looks at Tyrion and says (with focused eyes and newfound personality and nuance and evil gleam and everything) "Why do you think I came all this way?" And then he needed to stand up and saunter over to that Iron Throne like an evil genius king who knew the whole stinking time how all this would end and was just waiting for his turn on that Iron Throne. End show.

Was anyone else disturbed by Ghost's ear? I don't remember it being injured. I would have liked to hear Tormund ask Jon as they were riding away, "So tell me about the big woman. Has she asked for me?" or something like that.
Right? :confused3 Did that wolf not have two ears when last seen? I assumed I'd missed a detail in an earlier episode (I'm really more of a big-picture person).

If you had told me way back during season one that, some day in the future, I would allow my 9 year old son to watch the GoT series finale, I would have told you were crazy.

Yet, tonight, I allowed my 9 year old son to watch the GoT series finale.

No nudity, no sex, no gruesome violence, only one minor slang word... quite a difference from the beginning! LOL! It was very... quiet.

Things I liked...

* As cheese-y as it was, the imagery of the dragon's wings behind Dany as she's walking to face her troops was really cool.

* All through the series, Sansa has had her hair styled like whoever she was trying to be most like - Cersei, her mother. In one of the very last scenes, her hair is unadorned & worn simple & straight. She's finally her own person.

* I like that Drogon flew off w/ Dany - it was the ending of her vision. She went from the ashes falling down all around her & the Iron Throne back to Khal Drago & her son.

* Tyrion telling Jon Snow that his ashes can be reunited w/ Varys's ashes & Varys's ashes can tell him, "I told you so."

* Jon & Tyrion's "love is the death of duty" exchange.

* Jon Snow & Ghost being reunited.

* Sansa telling her uncle (Edmure?) to sit down.

* Brienne completing Jamie's history in the book, filling the pages w/ all the heroic things he'd done... in such beautiful counterpoint to the scene where Joffery made fun of him for never accomplishing anything but being the Kingslayer.

* Grey Worm going to the beaches of Naath.

* The counsel meeting w/ Tyrion as hand at the end... kings & queens come & go, & the politics & arguments remain & go on & on... not to mention the joke that Tyrion is still trying to tell!

* Jon Snow's & Arya's good-bye. Arya made me cry. I think the actress's tears were real.

* The wheel wasn't broken... life goes on & comes full circle, kings & queens rise & fall, & we repeat the same mistakes & carry on like we always have.

* "The lone wolf dies, but the pack survives." And the Starks did survive. (But they're all separated now!!!!)

* Drogon is still out there somewhere.

Things I THINK I liked...

* Drogon melting the Iron Throne

Things that made me wonder...

* When Sansa seceded the North & declared the North independent from the other kingdoms, why didn't anyone else do the same thing? Like, why didn't the Dorne guy say something like, "Dorne will be separate as well!"

* Why didn't Brienne stay w/ Sansa at Winterfell? I felt like Brienne would have stayed w/ her because she would have felt she owed her fealty to Sansa through Catelyn Stark.

* What was the deal w/ Grey Worm? He's all "the city is ours" & "you betrayed my queen" & "prison isn't good enough for them" & "Jon Snow can't go free." Tyrion says, "Y'all have to choose a king or queen." And, suddenly, Grey Worm says, "Fine. Choose a king." And then a king is chosen... who can promptly over-rule whatever Grey Worm says. And Grey Worm is like, "Fine. We'll leave." It just made no sense to me.

* Way back when Arya was w/ the Faceless Man & having that adventure, did she ever express any interest or desire in exploring beyond the map or was this just completely out of the blue? I can't remember...

* I just don't think Bronn is ever going to be happy & content as part of the King's counsel. He's too impatient for mundane tasks & too cynical for the back & forth arguing over petty little things.

* Why did Brienne close the book before the ink was dry?

* How did Tormund know to wait for Jon Snow?

* So the horse that Arya rode off on really didn't mean anything?

Something I found interesting...

* In season one, after Ned has been imprisoned, he is not willing to compromise his ideals UNTIL Varys reminds him of his daughters. At that point, he decides to say whatever he needs to say if it means Sansa & Arya will be safe.

In an interesting juxtaposition, Jon Snow, I don't think, was willing to do what was necessary w/ Dany UNTIL Tyrion reminded him of his sisters (Ned's daughters) & that Dany would go after Winterfell.

As a daughter & a sister, I'm not sure how I would feel knowing that my father and then, later, my brother had compromised what they felt was right for me.

Things I didn't like...

* During the scene where they're deciding who is going to be king (or queen) & they've decided on Bran (???) & Bran names Tyrion his hand who responds that he doesn't want it. And Bran says something about not wanting to be king either, & Tyrion can be hand as "punishment" for all the mistakes he's made. Why are they all acting like Tyrion is the ONLY one who made mistakes? They've all done things. They all made mistakes. Why is Tyrion shouldering the blame for everything?

* I really didn't like how Jon Snow was imprisoned & sent back to the Wall as punishment (even though it really wasn't punishment & Tyrion & the Starks knew this). Jon Snow had fought bravely & honorably for all of the people & deserved better.

* How rushed Dany's death was. She had to die. Jon Snow had to be the one to kill her. But I think Dany needed more. I started watching GoT because of her character. We've followed her through all the seasons right to the Iron Throne. And it was all over almost as quickly as the Night King was killed.

* Dothraki don't belong at King's Landing.

* Jon Snow, Ser Davos, & Tyrion genuinely liked & respected each other. They were friends. They tried to be honorable & do the right thing when it counted. I especially thought Jon Snow & Ser Davos made a good team. And they ended up separated from Jon.

Things I'm NOT SURE I liked...

* Some of Jon Snow & Tyrion's conversation when Jon came to visit Tyrion in prison didn't feel authentic... instead, in a way, it felt like the writers were trying to make a case for Dany becoming the Mad Queen. I'm not saying she wasn't always becoming the Mad Queen, but it *did* feel rushed. And I think the writers knew they had rushed things.

Things I wanted to happen..

* Why didn't Tyrion or Sansa or Arya tell everyone who Jon Snow was - that he was a Targaryen & the rightful heir? And Jon Snow could have said, "But you know what? I don't want it. I'm breaking the wheel like Dany wanted, & I'm going North. Y'all do what you want to."

* I typically don't like pregnancy just for pregnancy's sake kinda storylines. However, I think it would have been neat (& a nice legacy for Jamie) had Brienne ended up pregnant. Jamie's legacy was so intertwined w/ Cersei; his only children were their 3 who didn't survive. I think Brienne having Jamie's baby would have been a nice counterpoint to Jamie's legacy - plus it would have shown how the world moves on w/ new, but different, life. And Tyrion always showed such a sweet love for his niece & nephews & loved his brother Jamie so much - a new niece or nephew would have been special for Tyrion, who, I think, deserved a bit better as well.

Things I REALLY wanted to happen...

* I wanted Dany to be pregnant w/ Jon's Snow baby, & their baby was going to be "The Song of Ice & Fire". Dany would die, but their child would rule & bring the kingdom together. (It was NEVER going to happen this way... hahahaha! It's not a fairy tale, but still... that's the way I would have written it!)

* I wanted a better ending for Dany!

And, finally... ????

Bran... really?! Seriously?!

Looking back over the seasons, w/ the exception of his time w/ Osha & Hodor, I was the least interested in his character. I understood his character the least. I never figured out the 3-Eyed Raven & Children of Men stuff.

His character really did nothing... except warg around & make some cryptic statements every now & then - but not necessarily when needed.

And, suddenly, he's king?

Last edited:
The whole thing with Grey Worm bothered me the most. He was so angry, yet he just sort of rolled over. It just didn't work.

Maybe, if he hears enough fans were dissatisfied with the ending of the show, Martin will write that last book. He'd make a mint. I'd read it to see how he'd end things.

After killing Dany,Jon Snow would have been executed on sight by Greyworm and the unsullied, not jailed. Or by the dragon. I don't know. Somebody. It's weird that after a bloodthirsty massacre for their beloved queen they all suddenly reign themselves in and start jailing people. Whatever.

I think if they wanted to make Bran the king, it should have been more in keeping with the "game" of thrones. At the point he is suggested for the throne, he is an utterly flat, personality- free but magical being staring off into space. It should have been like, the throne still exists and is on the platform with all of them at the end. They make him king, and he looks at Tyrion and says (with focused eyes and newfound personality and nuance and evil gleam and everything) "Why do you think I came all this way?" And then he needed to stand up and saunter over to that Iron Throne like an evil genius king who knew the whole stinking time how all this would end and was just waiting for his turn on that Iron Throne. End show.

I actually think that Grey Worm's actions are very in his character. He grew up a slave, following orders, and then we freed by Dany, following her orders. He was executing prisoners because he was ordered to, the fact that he relished it because of what happened to Missandei was besides the point. When Jon killed Dany, he knew that the lords of the country that weren't in King's Landing would absolutely come after him for it, so Jon was held as a bargaining chip, and then he accepted the new ruler and the decisions that he made regarding Jon's life, but he decided that he, and any unsullied who chose to come, wouldn't serve Bran and he wanted to go to Naath for Missandei. As least that's how I interpreted it.

On the whole, I enjoyed the episode. I didn't see anything really out of character, Sansa saying "Uncle, please sit" was absolutely spot on, and how hard did the puberty truck hit Robin Arryn!? I enjoy when I get to the end of a series and they have a really good epilogue to let you know how the "happily ever after" ends up. I did notice Sansa's hairstyle change at the end too, and thought it was a great touch.

While this season has been a bit shallow as far as character development, honestly, these characters have been developed pretty thoroughly over the last 8 years, and there wasn't anything outside of their true character that they did, if you were looking for the signs, so I could see why they went that way. Would I have liked another 2 episodes to just go through more detail on the Long Night, or a more epic battle for King's Landing? Sure, but I'm satisfied.

I have to say... that I really enjoyed a couple of parts... and other parts were like what in the world... were would they come up with that non-sense at... It was so rushed... and Sloppy, Rubbish writing that they should be ashamed of... Shame... Shame... Shame... on Dan and Dave... they should be walked through the streets.

First off there is no way back in the middle ages that they would have voted for Bran as king... just would not have happened... even in this world the book creates it would not have happened, most people despised Tyrion for being a dwarf... they would not have elected a broken man as king that is just a bunch of rubbish... At most he should have been lord of Winterfell... and where in the world he "Bran the Broken" come in at... garbage and lazy writing... so now Bran the Broken the three Eyed Raven King.... RUBBISH

Secondly - What they did to Jon, makes no sense at all... He was the rightful heir to the throne...and to be king... why on earth would all this about him being the rightful heir even come into play at all...It make absolutely no sense at all.... Robert Baratheon should not have been king, yet he was because he took it... Cercsi should not have been Queen but she was, as she took it... Jon killed Dany... to save the 7 seven kingdoms and he gets sent to the wall... Just Rubbish... plain Rubbish... As well Arya and Sansa and Bran, Tyrion, and Sam and Brienne should have stood up for Jon... esp Sam... who was his best friend... they completely glossed over this... RUBBISH Lazy nonsense... it really just did not make any sense... How do you lead up to this for season after season.... then not address at all, in the ending of the series...

I wished - Jon would have gotten on Drogons back and flew away with him, or let Drogon kill him with the fire... would have been better writing and a ending for him - than this lazy ending...

Brienne when she was writing in the book about Jamie... I really like this, you could see her struggle with her feelings for him, and she told his story well...

I like the goodbye between Arya and Jon.... it felt real... as well Arya striking out on her own, they kept her character true...

Sansa as Queen of the North was also fitting....

Bronn the master of coin... was to funny... yep put the fox in the hen house...

Ser Podrick was fitting as well...I guess his duties were to protect the king...

No interaction between Jon and Tormond completely sucked... just nothing... Rubbish

I don't remember Ghost ear being gone... at least they let him and Jon have a moment...

Overall I was disappointed in how it all ended... for 7 seasons they told a story, kept everyone talking, wondering looking forward to the next season... In season eight they stopped telling a story....Dan and Dave really let everyone down as far as the story telling, and script.... Dan and Dave really lets the fans down...

As far as the actors they did their jobs and did it very well right down to each of their last scenes... you could tell the were putting everything into it...for us the fans...

I have to say... that I really enjoyed a couple of parts... and other parts were like what in the world... were would they come up with that non-sense at... It was so rushed... and Sloppy, Rubbish writing that they should be ashamed of... Shame... Shame... Shame... on Dan and Dave... they should be walked through the streets.

First off there is no way back in the middle ages that they would have voted for Bran as king... just would not have happened... even in this world the book creates it would not have happened, most people despised Tyrion for being a dwarf... they would not have elected a broken man as king that is just a bunch of rubbish... At most he should have been lord of Winterfell... and where in the world he "Bran the Broken" come in at... garbage and lazy writing... so now Bran the Broken the three Eyed Raven King.... RUBBISH

Secondly - What they did to Jon, makes no sense at all... He was the rightful heir to the throne...and to be king... why on earth would all this about him being the rightful heir even come into play at all...It make absolutely no sense at all.... Robert Baratheon should not have been king, yet he was because he took it... Cercsi should not have been Queen but she was, as she took it... Jon killed Dany... to save the 7 seven kingdoms and he gets sent to the wall... Just Rubbish... plain Rubbish... As well Arya and Sansa and Bran, Tyrion, and Sam and Brienne should have stood up for Jon... esp Sam... who was his best friend... they completely glossed over this... RUBBISH Lazy nonsense... it really just did not make any sense... How do you lead up to this for season after season.... then not address at all, in the ending of the series...

I wished - Jon would have gotten on Drogons back and flew away with him, or let Drogon kill him with the fire... would have been better writing and a ending for him - than this lazy ending...

Brienne when she was writing in the book about Jamie... I really like this, you could see her struggle with her feelings for him, and she told his story well...

I like the goodbye between Arya and Jon.... it felt real... as well Arya striking out on her own, they kept her character true...

Sansa as Queen of the North was also fitting....

Bronn the master of coin... was to funny... yep put the fox in the hen house...

Ser Podrick was fitting as well...I guess his duties were to protect the king...

No interaction between Jon and Tormond completely sucked... just nothing... Rubbish

I don't remember Ghost ear being gone... at least they let him and Jon have a moment...

Overall I was disappointed in how it all ended... for 7 seasons they told a story, kept everyone talking, wondering looking forward to the next season... In season eight they stopped telling a story....Dan and Dave really let everyone down as far as the story telling, and script.... Dan and Dave really lets the fans down...

As far as the actors they did their jobs and did it very well right down to each of their last scenes... you could tell the were putting everything into it...for us the fans...

YES! It was like they just wanted it to be over doing the absolute LEAST amount of writing they could. It was horrible. I wonder how many of the actors are disappointed.

* When Sansa seceded the North & declared the North independent from the other kingdoms, why didn't anyone else do the same thing? Like, why didn't the Dorne guy say something like, "Dorne will be separate as well!"

And Dorne sure would have done so. Dorne was never conquered. It was in by alliance.

YES! It was like they just wanted it to be over doing the absolute LEAST amount of writing they could. It was horrible. I wonder how many of the actors are disappointed.

I think you could see it in the cast faces at times, especially when Tryion was making that forced speech, it seem so forced, he seemed like he struggled to get through the words, they were not the words of Tryion of House Lannister.... they were words from Dan and Dave who were to worried about getting done and getting drunk to finish telling the story... When I look at how they captured millions of fans... then to treat the story and character like they did was just plain wrong... I wasn't in the mind set of a happy ending, at least they could have given us the fans a ending that made sense.... the ending did not make any sense at all... it completely tarnished the whole series.... that there were times in the beginning of the series things that seemed off, then a few episodes it would make sense...

In all honesty.... they need to finish the story... the story they set out to tell... about Jon, Sansa, Arya, Tryion, Sam, Brienne, Tormmand and the Wildlings - and the Night King.... if they would have showed something else at the end when Jon was north of the wall... maybe those symbols which they never addressed, or something else... body parts or someone that desserted the nights watch... running through the woods.... anything would have been better than Jon just riding looking back... just pure rubbish.... Rubbish lazy writing...

In thinking about the prequels... not sure if the game of Thrones fans are going to be on board with it... As long as Dave and Dan don't have anything to do with it... I might check it out...

I am hoping that they do go with some type of sequel and finish the dang story... with Kit Harrington, and the rest of the cast... that was still living at the end, maybe some new enemy, to fight...Where they have to find Jon that is now living with the Wildlings and has a Wildling woman and kids... and they need him to deal with the dragons, or make him the rightful heir to the kingdom... something happen to Arya, or Sansa... anything to finish the story properly...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter