Game of Thrones - Season 8 - NO SPOILERS PLEASE

So I just rewatched all alone where I could pay close attention and it's not as bad as it seemed. Not great, mind you. It really would have done wonders to have 10 or 12 episodes. I think Jon would have needed more time to make that decision (to kill his queen). I'd like to see the council being told what happened and see their travels. We, of course, needed to see Dany fall apart a bit more.

I also have these questions: Could have seen them find Jon after he stabbed Dany and show all that fallout. Is she dead? Where did Drogon take her and why? Why didn't Sansa and Tyrion come forward with the Jon is Aegon Targ and rightful king? There should have been another discussion with Jon and Tyrion about that where Jon is firm that he doesn't want it. It is clear, on rewatch, that Jon rejected being a Targ and considers himself bastard of Winterfell= Snow. Oh, and why did he bend the knee to Bran so easily? He told Dany she was and always will be his queen. Does anyone get the feeling (and with Tyrion's '10 years from now' line) that this was set up for a sequel? Like Jon wanting some vengeance maybe. Or Sansa going power hungry. Also, maybe Dany is still alive. And she sure looked like she had a maternity type dress on in her death. Maybe Drogon took her somewhere where another red woman was who brought Dany back like Jon was. Or she will be the new night queen (Jon stuck knife in her, isn't that what the children did to whoever the night king waas?). They just left Jon so broken and tormented that I could see that turning to anger and if he met back up with Dany they might be the big bad power couple in the sequel.

It's frustrating that Jon went through ALL he went through to wind up banished north of the wall into obscurity. Super unsatisfying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!