Game of Thrones - Season 8 - NO SPOILERS PLEASE

Not sure if anyone has mentioned here that there is a Game of Thrones convention this summer. Special guests announced so far are Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister), John Bradley (Samwell Tarly) and Hannah Murray (Gilly). Also a lot of panel discussions which do not feature the special guests.

Con of Thrones, July 12-14, 2019 in Nashville TN

https://www.conofthrones.net/

So what's everyone's thoughts regarding the petition that the news outlets have been reporting on the last few days? DH and I were discussing it on our way into work yesterday and today. He's a huge fan of the series, read the books, and has been disappointed with the way that this season has played out. Too many mistakes, some scenes feeling rushed, and others not long enough. It was like the producers where ready to wrap up before filming even began.

I'll file it right next to the petition to have Wilson not float away, Pattinson to play Batman, replay the Saints/Rams game and various other such petitions.
trash-can-picture-id170440507

They should just resign themselves to the fact that Game of Thrones, like countless series before it flirted with greatness only to go out in a blaze of mediocrity and move on.

I'll file it right next to the petition to have Wilson not float away, Pattinson to play Batman, replay the Saints/Rams game and various other such petitions.
trash-can-picture-id170440507

They should just resign themselves to the fact that Game of Thrones, like countless series before it flirted with greatness only to go out in a blaze of mediocrity and move on.
I agree with you about the petitions, you'll never be able to satisfy everyone. I think whoever started this petition did it as more of a symbolic gesture, just to bring attention to the fact of how awful this last season is playing out. I think he realizes that would never happen, but I could be wrong. After all, it is just a tv show.

I agree with you about the petitions, you'll never be able to satisfy everyone. I think whoever started this petition did it as more of a symbolic gesture, just to bring attention to the fact of how awful this last season is playing out. I think he realizes that would never happen, but I could be wrong. After all, it is just a tv show.

My local news reported on it last night and that's what they reported. That they don't expect anything to happen but they wanted to send a message.

Bumping to the top...tonight: The Finale! Somethingsomethingsomething, THE END!

So many plot threads, so little time.

And if Tywin knew Tyrion would be the last living Lannister he'd be doing full spins in his grave...
Get your bets in now folks - one guess only and we're only betting on the who reigns, not the 1,000,001 other things that are still left unresolved. Winner gets to be the Lord of whatever castle Bronn was (never) going to end up with...:rotfl:

Jon takes the throne and rules as a Stark

Get your bets in now folks - one guess only and we're only betting on the who reigns, not the 1,000,001 other things that are still left unresolved. Winner gets to be the Lord of whatever castle Bronn was (never) going to end up with...:rotfl:

Jon takes the throne and rules as a Stark
Tyrion for the win with Sansa ruling in the north.

Tyrion or Bran... I can't decide.

Because I can't figure out where Bran goes.

But Sansa gets Winterfell.

And Jon goes back to the North w/ Ghost - because of what Tormund said to him when they parted ("You never know...").

And I hope Ser Davos lives.

DH and I have loved every episode in every season. Didn’t even mind TOO much that this season was rushed and not written as well as the others. But tonight’s finale was wholly unsatisfying. We thought it was awful. Everything after the dragon in the Iron Throne “room” was terrible. Waste of an hour and twenty minutes.

Where is that petition?

(i don’t really sign petitions but you know what I mean.)

DH and I have loved every episode in every season. Didn’t even mind TOO much that this season was rushed and not written as well as the others. But tonight’s finale was wholly unsatisfying. We thought it was awful. Everything after the dragon in the Iron Throne “room” was terrible. Waste of an hour and twenty minutes.

Sadly, I agree. It had such potential. So many ways they could have gone for a better ending.

I'll try to answer this question about Bran. He has probably the greatest power set of anyone on the show. Here are several examples of things he can do/things he has done:

1) He is an all seeing green seer, which means he can see the past, present, and future.
2) He knows the truth about where Jon Snow came from and was instrumental in the reveal.
3) He has a lot of knowledge which allows him to persuade potential allies to unite in battle.
4) Heir to Winterfell
5) He knew Cersei wouldn't help Jon Snow

Bran has been my pick to sit on the Iron Throne for some time now.

Nailed it!!!!!!!

I'm satisfied with the ending. Everyone who was still alive ended up on a path that made sense for them. I didn't want a whole lot of cliffhanger uncertainty or another big blood bath. I'm content.

Same here. I'm struggling to see what was wrong with tonight's finale. This goes back to my theory that I posted a few weeks ago. When it comes to these final seasons of shows that have taken on cult status, it's nearly impossible to please the fan base.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!