Garden "friends"

mommytotwo

DIS Veteran
I enjoy reading the different type of garden friends that everyone has in different parts of the country/state. When I say friends, they may not necessarily be the ones that we want around, but critters that want to possibly eat your plants, they may want to hop into your garden, or yard to see what you have growing, .... What type of friends-(animals) do you have in your area?

Here, we have wild pigs-they do not make me happy since they stomp on my plants, and dig them up.
Butterflies, and birds. Wild chameleons, lizards, and frogs, and toads-EEEEKKKK!!!!!!

Wish we had rabbits, deers, hummingbirds, fireflies, .....

I just had a hummingbird at my front door! He knocked on the glass. I think he saw the reflection of a flower in the window.

We have a raccoon family that drives us batty at night trying to get into the trash (which we have secured and with raccoon safety locks on the cans as well as a lid on our bin area.

We have a Bailey. In other places known as a yellow lab puppy! She destroys everything and loves to dig up my plants!!! LOL
I also have hummingbirds, butterflies, squirrels, lightning bugs, birds, frogs, lizards, and an occasional mole.

We have a Gus! A healthy active hound that we rescued in March. We have a young bunny that visits, and lots of birds.

The fish are in my pond. IMG_0171.JPG

IMG_1649.jpg
Japanese Beetles attacking my grapes, raspberries, various fruit trees and some ornamentals.

I get lots of frogs and toads (I'm one hay field away from a small wetland/swamp/overgrown cow pond, and a large cornfield away from a creek bed.) There's a lot of garden snakes, but they don't get close to my house.

I also get a lot of deer, but they don't like hot peppers or tomatoes, but they liked my mom's berry bushes.

I know something comes and poops in my garden-- frogs and toads definitely, but I'm thinking raccoons, foxes, or coyotes that come up in the night.

I have bunnies in the hostas. My mom went and weeded the flowerbeds one year and she let out a horrific shriek. I went running and there's a nest of the cutest baby bunnies you've ever seen. I have never let her live it down, either. They like the hostas since the predators don't get close to the house. They don't usually destroy anything.

Where my house is used to be part of our family farm 80 years ago. It used to be an orchard, and there's some big huge cherry trees and some hollow pear trees (that actually still produce fruit!) There are fat groundhogs that don't do anything but eat the fruit that falls on the ground. It's adorable to watch.

A tropical garden is one that contains plant material that will live in the tropics, USDA zones 10 and 11. If anything in a garden does not overwinter because of cold, it would not be strictly a tropical garden. I has nothing to do with color, only temperature.

A tropical garden is one that contains plant material that will live in the tropics, USDA zones 10 and 11. If anything in a garden does not overwinter because of cold, it would not be strictly a tropical garden. I has nothing to do with color, only temperature.
Do you have a tropical garden.
Our goldfish over winter in the pond because we have a de-Iger. There’s always a bit of the surface that is not iced over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!