Garden Grill review sound quality

disneysteve

DIS meet junkie
I enjoy the dining reviews but the sound quality is awful. On the most recent one, I could barely make out what Charles was saying on the vlog portion. The background noise just drowns out the speaking. I hope there's something that can be done to improve that.

I just watched the 9 Dragons one that was posted today and the sound seemed fine during the Vlog - so hopefully the figured it out

I mean, never going to be as good as in a studio, there is a little background noise, but I didn't have any issues hearing any of them

I also noticed that there was a lot of people talking and kids yelling and I was waiting for somebody to comment about the atmosphere regarding the noise... I guess the S/N ratio just translates worse where we're watching a video than the actual environment. Although, I bet the restaurant could use some dampeners.

Its a background noise thing I think. Such a pitty but it wwould be pretty hard to filter it out on the go without a film style crew!

Its a background noise thing I think. Such a pitty but it wwould be pretty hard to filter it out on the go without a film style crew!
It's definitely the background noise. I guess they really need to have a microphone close to their mouths to capture their voices better but I don't know if that's feasible with whatever equipment they're using when they film those segments.

I agree with disneysteve - a microphone of some description would certainly help. I have noticed this on many vlogs where the recording device is held away from the person speaking and often wish that they were wearing a mic attached to whatever they were recording with. I guess that the problem really lies with the recording device - if it is a phone then a mic is out of the question. A fully fledged video camera with a mic input facility would be the best equipment to use and these can cost much less than an iPhone these days! When doing the restaurant vlogs they should use a decent camera with a lapel mic that can be easily passed around from person to person to get a good recording of each particular section.
:disrocks:

I know for DIS Pop Ryno had some remote/bluetooth type mic that he would use and looking back on past shows he used it when they reviewed Rogue One and it could be set down or picked up ... not sure if this would be perfect but might be better and I would think a piece of equipment they already have

Ryno with Mic.jpg

Syncing the audio in post would be the only time-consumer. It's easy to cut and drag-and-drop the audio attached (to the video from the phone/camera) when editing as opposed to: loading the audio from the separate source, matching it (this is why film crews use the marker, the clap of the board creates a distinct audio signal that can be easily synced up... this is before the director yells action), and hope the software doesn't do something funky if you move stuff around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter