Garden Grill Seating Options for Party of 8

boilermakeric

Earning My Ears
We have finally settled our August itinerary and plan for a GG breakfast/brunch which we've never tried before - unfortunately we were too late to find an ADR for party of 8, but have no problems finding 2 reservations of 4+4 or 5+3. Realistically, I think our group would split best along the 5+3 option, but I'm wondering if booking 4+4 would greatly improve the chances of being seated near each other... said differently, are there significantly more tables that seat 4 than 5? Would have parties of 5 and 3 automatically schedule us into areas that are apart from each other? Our ideal would be the lower row seating, but top priority is at least being in the vicinity of each other.

Not that I think it really influences the general seating questions above, we do have 3 smaller children (under 7), so we'll have a little bit of scrunching room if needed.

Separately, we're looking to book this right near the 10:30 breakfast cutoff to give flexibility for a late night before and serve as more of a brunch than breakfast. For upcoming FP planning purposes, does anyone have experience with how well GG runs on schedule as you near the end of the breakfast window? Safe to book an 11-12 Soarin and 12-1 2nd FP?

Can’t help with the end of the breakfast window question but as far as seating goes - we are five adults and fit comfortably in a booth on the lower level. They are high backed, so if your party of three was seated beside you, you wouldn’t be able to interact easily although if you stepped out together for character pics, I think that would work fine. The upper level seating at tables and chairs looks to be more flexible and more “conversational” across parties, if that makes sense. We really enjoyed the food there and the characters were a hoot! Have fun!

I canot address the breakfast window either, however you can book two separate ADR's and the restaurant will so their best to seat you together.

We were there with a party of 7 last time. I asked to wait for a lower booth.

The tables are split into 4/2/2 or something like that and can just be pushed together. So should easily work for your party especially if you are prepared to wait.

Last September we had a dining reservation for 2 at 1030a - we waited about 10 minutes to be seated and we received the breakfast options. There was no option to mix or match with the lunch options. ( I think that was what you were asking ).

I'd keep trying for the option for 8 as things always open. A few years ago we had a party of 7 adults and 3 kids ( under 5 ) and we all fit comfortably in the booth.

I would leave a bit more time before your next Fast Pass. I like to allow 90 minutes for a meal. And that will help if you are seated a bit late, which is pretty typical.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter