Garden Grill vs. Via Napoli

Atrain13

Mouseketeer
So here's the plan for right now. Our family has the Dining Plan and ADRs for GG. I was looking over the menus and I'm not 100% sold my kids would prefer GG over pizza. We also haven't had either place so we have nothing to go off of compared to reviews.

GG seems straight forward, which I love. Get the all you care to eat use a credit for a set price, meet characters and you're good to go. We have a few other character meals so they aren't a huge priority for us but a good perk.

VN on the other hand I don't completely understand how paying works. Say if we ordered the large, would they charge is all a credit? Is each individual pizza a credit? If that's the case, GG is a much better deal.

From other reviews the food at both places is good so I'm not worried about that for the adults, but as stated earlier I know the kids like pizza.

Any help with this is great. Thank you!

I have ADRs for both for my upcoming trip - GG for breakfast and VN for dinner. Breakfast at GG is the best and VN has great pizza! However, if you are getting pizza at VN, it's not a great use of your credits - probably best to pay out of pocket. There's another thread on here about VN and the dining plan.

Yes. if you are getting pizza, each person must use 1credit on an individual pizza. You cannot combine for a large pizza on the DDP N

What kind of pizza do your kids like? If they like a Papa Johns cheese or pepperoni pizza, VN may not be great for them. If they like a true thin crust pizza with fresh mozzarella and/or prosciutto then it’s definitely worth a trip IMHO.

I think I’d still pay for it with cash and use the extra credit for a signature if your on the DDP.

Bruce

What kind of pizza do your kids like? If they like a Papa Johns cheese or pepperoni pizza, VN may not be great for them. If they like a true thin crust pizza with fresh mozzarella and/or prosciutto then it’s definitely worth a trip IMHO.

I think I’d still pay for it with cash and use the extra credit for a signature if your on the DDP.

Bruce

They really haven't had really fresh pizza before. So this will be something new for them. I cant imagine them not liking a pepperoni pizza though.

Side question, how is the pasta at VN? The wife said she wants to try that and not the pizza. Is it good?

They really haven't had really fresh pizza before. So this will be something new for them. I cant imagine them not liking a pepperoni pizza though.

Side question, how is the pasta at VN? The wife said she wants to try that and not the pizza. Is it good?
DGD always tells me to order first to see if I'll get pizza so she can order meatballs and spaghetti-that way she'll have some of both, LOL.
The pasta is not too soft, not too hard just as it should be. The meatballs quite tender with a good mixture of ground meats and a touch of bread panade. The sauce is made on site and worthy of many a home kitchen. .
The man orders the lasagna Bolognese sometimes and it's pretty good and made with care.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter