Garland Watch 2017

mom2rtk

Invented the term "Characterpalooza"
I was really hoping that with PTN gone this holiday season they would reinstall the garlands over Main Street. But the Holiday season officially starts in 3 days and so far I haven't heard any reports of garlands going up. I've seen photos of other decorations on Main Street. But no garlands. :sad:

I'd love to hear up to the minute reports over the next few days of Garland Watch 2017!

Anyone have a guess on why they would not put them back up again? I think they added a lot to the festive atmosphere.

I was thinking the same thing-would they put up the garlands again this year? Crossing my fingers they will, but I agree that it may be too late!

I hope they put it up! This will be our kids' first (and perhaps only) trip during the Christmas holiday season. DH and I went during the 60th and there was no garland.

Have they finished/started filming the Christmas Parade yet? I know WDW started filming earlier this week, but if DLR hasn't filmed their portion yet, maybe it's possible that the garland might not appear until after the filming is completed?

Have they finished/started filming the Christmas Parade yet? I know WDW started filming earlier this week, but if DLR hasn't filmed their portion yet, maybe it's possible that the garland might not appear until after the filming is completed?

That's a good thought. I sure hope that's why we haven't seen any signs of it yet.

You know how I feel about this. I will be very disappointed if they don't bring back the garland.

At least when PTN was running there was a good solid reason for it, and we had the parade as a consolation prize.

What do we want? GARLAND!!!! When do we want it? NOW!!!!!!!

Lets hold a protest mom2rtk!

-Lane

You know how I feel about this. I will be very disappointed if they don't bring back the garland.

At least when PTN was running there was a good solid reason for it, and we had the parade as a consolation prize.

-Lane
Well, you know I'm in! :cheer2::banana::jumping1:

-Lane

Well, you know I'm in! :cheer2::banana::jumping1:

:dance3::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::dance3::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::dance3::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I'll be watching this thread, too. And eagerly scanning the 'front page' to see that 'paper clip' appear which means PICTURES!!!

I have never been at Christmas but I love the pictures of the garlands. Hope you get your wish!pixiedust:

This thread has me concerned. There's always been garland in DLR when we've gone during Christmas season in the past. Why are people worried?:sad1: Have they not put up garland in recent years? That would be :sad:. Please tell me they still deck out NOS.

This thread has me concerned. There's always been garland in DLR when we've gone during Christmas season in the past. Why are people worried?:sad1: Have they not put up garland in recent years? That would be :sad:. Please tell me they still deck out NOS.
They haven't been up in recent years because the floats for Paint the Night are too tall. But the word is that Paint the Night won't be back during the holidays and then it's going to DCA, I believe, so people were hoping that means the garlands will return this year.

They haven't been up in recent years because the floats for Paint the Night are too tall. But the word is that Paint the Night won't be back during the holidays and then it's going to DCA, I believe, so people were hoping that means the garlands will return this year.
No garlands in WDW any more either. Not since Festival of Fantasy started.
That's correct. I believe 2014 was the last time the garland was up for Christmas.

Does anyone remember in prior years if it went up a day or two before the start of the holiday season or if it was sort of a last minute installation?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!