Gastric Sleeve?

I have not. I also would not. I've heard horror stories about Mexico procedures as well as the gastric sleeve in general.

I had mine done in the states. An acquaintance of mine had hers done in Mexico and experienced complications.

I do have a friend who had it done in Mexico and has not had any complications from the surgery itself. Side effects, yes but not any complications. She used Dr. Green and the Oasis Hospital in Tijuana. I would love Cancun more so for the shorter flight but Cancun is not the mecca that Tijuana is for this surgery.

I'm having mine done in New York. Best of luck to you where ever you may go!

Thank you. I kinda thought I would get a lot of negativity from the Dis, (been here a while, lol) but I haven't.
You need to take care of you the best way possible and this isn't an easy decision to make. It's so much more than most people know and it's permanent . No turning back. Honestly, I haven't run into anyone that has been negative about my choice but I am sure it's out there. Just hold your head high and surround yourself with support when/if you find someone not so supportive. <3

You need to take care of you the best way possible and this isn't an easy decision to make. It's so much more than most people know and it's permanent . No turning back. Honestly, I haven't run into anyone that has been negative about my choice but I am sure it's out there. Just hold your head high and surround yourself with support when/if you find someone not so supportive. <3
Well with my case a lot of people are like, really? I have a BMI of 31 and that is on the lower end. My insurance will not pay one thing with me having that BMI, hence Mexico.

Well with my case a lot of people are like, really? I have a BMI of 31 and that is on the lower end. My insurance will not pay one thing with me having that BMI, hence Mexico.
I've seen some in my support group that in my eyes don't look unhealthy. BUT I've learned that just because you aren't the size of two people doesn't mean you don't need this for yourself. This is a tool. Not a cure all. We can screw it up just like anything else. You know yourself and know you need this tool so major props to you for pushing for it!! You should be proud of yourself.

I've seen some in my support group that in my eyes don't look unhealthy. BUT I've learned that just because you aren't the size of two people doesn't mean you don't need this for yourself. This is a tool. Not a cure all. We can screw it up just like anything else. You know yourself and know you need this tool so major props to you for pushing for it!! You should be proud of yourself.
Ya, I have to make some major life changes. My addiction to health needs to replace that of Disney. I am going to give it my all.

@SL6827 did you decide to go to Mexico and get the gastric sleeve done? How are you doing? I’m having it done in the states next month.

@SL6827 did you decide to go to Mexico and get the gastric sleeve done? How are you doing? I’m having it done in the states next month.
I am going on March 4th. Originally was going on 12/4 but pushed it back a few months as to not have to deal with the stress of it during the holidays. What doctor are you using?

Oh, wait your in the states. Ok, thats fine. Let me ask you, how many nights are you staying in the hospital?

Oh, wait your in the states. Ok, thats fine. Let me ask you, how many nights are you staying in the hospital?
One to two nights is what they plan for. After my visit this Wednesday they will be submitting my info to the insurance company and then I can schedule a date!

One to two nights is what they plan for. After my visit this Wednesday they will be submitting my info to the insurance company and then I can schedule a date!
Ya, I am staying two nights at the hospital in Mexico. There is no way I would qualify in the states, but I do believe that the FDA has approved people with a BMI of at least 30 and have another underlying health issue for the LAP BAND here in the states. But I am doing the sleeve and there is no way my insurance would pay for either the band or the sleeve for me. My BMI is right at 30 and I am type 2 diabetic, which this is no ones fault but my own.

If you don't mind me asking, what insurance company do you use? The reason why I ask is that I had a BMI of 32-33 and was approved for the Duodenal Switch in Colorado. I have Cigna and had no issues with approval. Good luck with the surgery! It's totally worth it. The first Disney trip postop will be different but it will be a blast.

If you don't mind me asking, what insurance company do you use? The reason why I ask is that I had a BMI of 32-33 and was approved for the Duodenal Switch in Colorado. I have Cigna and had no issues with approval. Good luck with the surgery! It's totally worth it. The first Disney trip postop will be different but it will be a blast.
I have BCBS. That is amazing you got approved with that low of a BMI. I posted about my surgery on another thread and got so much hate I just never went back to the thread. Some people are just jealous and some are just crazy. And some like you are nice. I don't know much about the DS really. I got my tickets last night at an awesome rate with Delta.

I have BCBS. That is amazing you got approved with that low of a BMI. I posted about my surgery on another thread and got so much hate I just never went back to the thread. Some people are just jealous and some are just crazy. And some like you are nice. I don't know much about the DS really. I got my tickets last night at an awesome rate with Delta.

Sorry, I miss-typed. My BMI was 72-73. Unfortunately, you will get a lot of hate from people. Both from the internet and from people close to you. I lost several relationships because they thought bariatric surgery was the "easy" way out. Mainly from family members. But I also gained a lot of close friends. I'm 2 years postop and don't regret it at all. I hope the surgery goes well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!