Gatorland or Airboat Ride

cdntowdw

Mouseketeer
For those who have done both of these non-Disney attractions, which would you choose - Gatorland or Boggy Creek Airboat rides. We have an extra 1/2 day and are looking for something very "Florida" to do with our boys 10 and 7.

We did Gatorland in April and it was total "Florida." You watch gator wrestling, gator feeding, and gator swimming. There is a beautiful trail (really neat) to walk through Floridas swamps and the whole place has a very 70's feel to it. My son who is 13 loved it and so did my 38 year old husband. In my opinion it's a perfect 1/2 day attraction and all the Florida coupon books have money off coupons for Gatorland. Hope this helps.

Emmy

Gatorland has more to offer the whole family and you can pretty much be assured that there will be SOMETHING there you like. The gator wrestling is way cool, as are the young guys who do it.

Airboat rides (and Boggy Creek is just one operator) are a much more laid back nature experience, which is great if you're inot that sort of thing. And there is a possibility that you might not see all that much. Gatorland, on the other hand, is crawling with gators, including some awesome 15-footers, maybe even bigger (I've forgotten).

Given the choice between the two, I'd reluctantly go with Gatorland (just because both are great choices here, IMHO). Your boys would probably love the airboat ride, too, but that's just half an hour compared with a good half day at Gatorland. The new railroad at GL is pretty neat, too.

Can't give you a definitive answer as we didn't do an airboat ride, but Gatorland is awesome. It was pretty much my favorite place.....even including WDW, SW, US and KSC. I think your boys would love it, especially the gator wrestling. For an extra $10 you can even get a picture of them sitting on an alligator (its mouth is taped shut!). They also have a great aviary where the birds will perch all over you (advice: take out your earrings if you wear them!).
The guys that do the shows are very friendly and willing to talk with you and answer all your questions. I'd highly recommend it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter