Gay Days 2013 - The Official Unofficial Thread ;)

Partner and I just pulled the trigger - we are booked - staying at POR - one of our new favorite resorts -- looking forward to meeting new friends from the boards.
:cool1:

I'm super interested in coming to this too! I'll have just got home from being there May 1st-8th so I'm having trouble justifying it... but I'm sure I could make arrangements ;)

I'll be traveling solo too, I hope it is as easy to make friends as people say it is. I have no problem traveling solo but I think given the "community" feel of that weekend, I might feel lonely if I wasn't meeting up with others.

Things are abnormally quiet. We're only 60 days out... come on guys and gals! What are your plans for gay days? Who are you going with? Where ya staying? It seems there are several of us staying at POR or POFQ. Sounds like maybe we should have a gathering at the hotel bar one night during the stay. Plans for your tshirts? We're just about two months out! :banana:

I'm going with my boyfriend and his mother. His father passed away very recently after a long battle with cancer so they need to recharge their batteries, and I'm helping them do just that. We're staying at POR and we've booked an illluminations cruise one night. We're going for 7 days and we're anxiously awaiting a Dole Whip. Still trying to decide on our red shirts, but I like my idea of a picture of the Wardrobe from BATB that says "Closets are for clothes." Okay, who wants to go next?

Things are abnormally quiet. We're only 60 days out... come on guys and gals! What are your plans for gay days? Who are you going with? Where ya staying? It seems there are several of us staying at POR or POFQ. Sounds like maybe we should have a gathering at the hotel bar one night during the stay. Plans for your tshirts? We're just about two months out! :banana:

I'm going with my boyfriend and his mother. His father passed away very recently after a long battle with cancer so they need to recharge their batteries, and I'm helping them do just that. We're staying at POR and we've booked an illluminations cruise one night. We're going for 7 days and we're anxiously awaiting a Dole Whip. Still trying to decide on our red shirts, but I like my idea of a picture of the Wardrobe from BATB that says "Closets are for clothes." Okay, who wants to go next?

I for one am totally psyched. I am counting the days till this trip. This will be my first time there for Gay Days. I can only come for 3 days but figure that is better than none. I am traveling solo and decided to stick with my original plan of staying at POR. I think a gathering at one of the hotel bars one night is a great idea - I'd be in.

Since it's my first time there for Gay Days I'm just planning to take it all in and hopefully meet lots of people. I have some plain red shirts but would love to get something special. I love the Wardrobe idea and would definitely order one.

I would be down for a bar night and maybe move things to DTD or ADH afterward. I am going to stay at POFQ but the River Roost at POR is usually a fun place to meet up. What day is everybody arriving? I am there on 5/26.. 60 days.. can't wait!!

I would be down for a bar night and maybe move things to DTD or ADH afterward. I am going to stay at POFQ but the River Roost at POR is usually a fun place to meet up. What day is everybody arriving? I am there on 5/26.. 60 days.. can't wait!!

I arrive early morning on the 30th! Would love to do something Thursday or Friday night if it works for others.

So you did decide to switch from BWI to POFQ? Should be fun!

I for one am totally psyched. I am counting the days till this trip. This will be my first time there for Gay Days. I can only come for 3 days but figure that is better than none. I am traveling solo and decided to stick with my original plan of staying at POR. I think a gathering at one of the hotel bars one night is a great idea - I'd be in.

Since it's my first time there for Gay Days I'm just planning to take it all in and hopefully meet lots of people. I have some plain red shirts but would love to get something special. I love the Wardrobe idea and would definitely order one.

Here is a link to some shirts I've created at spreadshirt. I'm ordering a few of them for my trip. A couple are pricier because of the amount of text/graphics since the site charges a surcharge for every separate text grouping or photo added but most are around 20 bucks. I also made 2013 gay days drink around the world shirts with the countries and check boxes listed down the back if anyone is interested: http://drewzdesignz.spreadshirt.com/

I arrive early morning on the 30th! Would love to do something Thursday or Friday night if it works for others.

So you did decide to switch from BWI to POFQ? Should be fun!

Yup. I have other friends staying at POR and that really persuaded me to switch.. POR wasn't available when I made the reservation change.. I'm hoping something opens up at POR..

I just booked my partner's MOM last Friday at POR in her own room next to us. If you use the new discount code at 30% off, it comes to the same rate as the old discount code at 30% off (assuming that's what you used)... If not, good luck on getting POR :thumbsup2

We arrive on the 29th of May and stay 6 nights.

I tried POR for my days (5/26 - 6/4) and it's not available with any discount. I would have to add a day on which I am willing to do, but then the CMs are telling me POR is still not available. I'll keep trying. Sometimes the CMs do not know what they are doing.

I start working as a Cast Member at WDW the week of Gay Days! Excited to be there for the first time, whether I'll be working or visiting as a guest on a day off! :goodvibes

I start working as a Cast Member at WDW the week of Gay Days! Excited to be there for the first time, whether I'll be working or visiting as a guest on a day off! :good vibes

oooh have fun on your CP!

or should I say, have a gay time :rotfl2:

Since I'm assuming some people will go to Tyhpoon Lagoon Friday night, what about Thursday night, May 30th? At 10 or 11ish?

Happy to see all the POR stays!!! Thurs evening works great! Counting down the days!!!!

Anyone ever done CP for breakfast at MK on Saturday - or are going this year? We have never been to CP and are going this year with an early 8:05 rez. People we've met during GayDays have recommended it......

Anyone going to the Tidal Wave Party Fri night? .....we usually rent a car to go, but waiting for the rates to drop......

Other than that - looking forward to a good time, hanging out and meeting new people and hopefully seeing people we've met in previous years....

Let's plan on meeting at 10:30 PM (right in the middle) at River Roost Lounge in POR on Thursday, May 30th.

CMHGUY, I'm going with my partner and his Mom. I booked us a rez at 8:20 AM that Saturday at CP in the MK, so we will be there shortly behind you. It's amazing to be in the park prior to rope drop and have barely anyone on Main Street (if you haven't already experienced that yet). It's a cool photo op. As far as TIDAL WAVE, we're not going this year, but I went last year. It's always a little crazy. In the past, I've ridden the bus to DTD and walked (more like ran) across the parkway to TL and then did the trip back to get a bus from DTD to my resort.

On Saturday night, I think we're going to hop over to the BW Resort and hit up Jellyroll's and Atlantic City Dance Hall. I had a blast last year at those places, as most of the people there were "family."

We will probably arrive at RiverRoost earlier than 10:30 - we've never experienced YeeHa Bob - any experience seeing him?

We've never been to Jellyrolls - that sounds fun!!! I always forget about that place.......usually, we've been there for a week at that point and we're ready to crash after MK closes....:lmao:

I'm excited for CP too! I can't wait to see Main St empty and get some pics!

Tidal Wave Party is at WetnWild at US - if we go, we'll need to rent a car - last year it was so cold, so we are thinking we'll wait to see what the weather is like and go last minute if we decide. If not, we may hit up JellyRolls Fri night too - or hang at POR and RiverRoost....maybe a quiet pool....

DP is all about StarWars - and we are there at rope drop on Fridays which was like 7 or 7:30 last year... Plan to do the same this year....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter