Gay Days 2013 - The Official Unofficial Thread ;)

I'll be at Disney's All-Star Music Resort too! I've asked for a quiet (restful) room as I'll be at the parks before rope-drop 'till the last firework pops. I think this might be my 4th Gay Days. But this time I'm attending Riptide at Typhoon Lagoon as well as the daytime parks. I can't wait. See ya real soon!

:wizard:

Nice to see others are staying at the All-Star Music Resort, as well! My partner and I get in on Thursday night....Then we'll probably just be eating breakfast at the hotel on Friday and Saturday mornings before heading out to the parks. Sunday will be breakfast and then back home.

Does anyone else get the feeling that others around you, who know your going to WDW, make your life as stressful as possible right before you leave?

Hi all :wave2:-- I am a tourism reporter with the Orlando Sentinel, and every year I write a story about GayDays. This year I'm looking at the topic of Disney merchandise for GayDays, including the pride Mickey pins and other items.
Would anyone mind chatting with me about merchandise they've seen at Disney for GayDays in the past and/or your favorite GayDays souvenir?
Can be on or off the record.
Thanks!
Sara Clarke
407-420-5664

Did you guys and gals have a good time this year? My trip got cancelled at the VERY last minute due to a death in the family. I hope everyone had a great time, and I look forward to heating about all your experiences.

Hey Buddy, sorry about the death in the family. I had a really great time in the parks. I followed the friendship days group and another group. I met a lot of nice people there and followed them around the parks. I took a bunch of pictures, on flickr now.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjFMLnbc

I'm curious. Did anyone who went this year get accosted by any negativity?

I had one negative experience while there. On Saturday, my brother and I were standing in Tomorrowland waiting for friends to join us and this guy walks up to us and starts in about Sodom and Gomorrah. I immediately told him to get away from us and that I wasn't interested in hearing his garbage. ( I wanted to hit him but didn't want to get ejected from the park)

He walked away and I thought it was an isolated event until I watched him walk up to another group of "red shirts" and do it again. At this point I grabbed the nearest Cast Member and told her that the guy was harassing guests. I was later told by a Security Cast Member that I stopped to make sure they'd been notified about the guy that Security was looking for him and would eject him from the park.

I will say though there was a positive outcome of this incident. My brother later apologized for not speaking up sooner when the guy started preaching at us because it took him a few moments to figure out what was happening. See my brother is straight but in solidarity he also wore red that day and for a moment in time got to walk the proverbial mile in my shoes. He gained a better understanding of what our community deals with on a daily basis whether it be overt or covert...homophobia.

I didn't have any negative experiences at all, everyone I encountered was very friendly and happy. I had a lovely chat with an older lady before park opening. Her husband had to work that day, and she needed a "disney fix." We talked about DVC, and that we had the same home resort of OKW. I also had a nice encounter with a traditional family with young children from San Antonio, and I met a fellow DVC board moderator and his wife for lunch at the Plaza restaurant.

Of course, there was the traditional airplane banner thing that Disney can't control....but it is almost a tradition in itself LOL.

My fiance and I will be at Gay Days 6/3-6/8. We're staying at the Pop Centry And arrive at 9 am on the 3rd. We are super excited!! I have attended Disney during Gay Days several times in the past but this will be Cory's 1st time ever for Gay Days! I am soooo excited to enjoy the experience with him!! We are hoping to meet lots of people while we are there and make some new friends. Gay Days at Disney has always been an AWSOME experience for me in the past, and I am sure it will be a memorable one this year!!!

I have never been, but am probably going in 2018 with some friends. The only websites I've seen (so far gaydays.com and onemagicalweekend.com) make this seem like just another gay pride week. They don't even REFERENCE Disney, just a bunch of pool parties, clubs and a drag pageant. While I like those things, my lesbian friends who were going to come with aren't going to be too keen, and honestly i'm disappointed. Am I missing something, can someone enlighten me?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts