GC entranct to DCA with 7am early entry

wareagle57

DIS Veteran
I know everyone says to avoid using this "perk" for park openings because it backs up, but I was wondering if this is still the case on a day with a 7am opening. Where are hotel guest led to wait for Rope Drop when they use this entrance? I'm thinking the hub is probably the best place for everything except Pixar Pier, so I may not even both with this entrance anyway. But just thought it being that early it might save us a little time. How early should we plan to leave the hotel if we use the Downtown Disney entrance?

Go to the front. You’ll get through way way faster. It’s only a perk returning from the park or going in later.

Unless you are a very early riser and can be one of the first few people in line, I am with the others, go to the front gates for EE. What ever you decide, have a great time!

We’ve used the GC entrance for 7am EMH at DCA many of times without issue. The line can appear daunting, but it always moves quickly. We’re lazy though and never feel like walking to the main entrance. :laughing:

Yep, quite a line for 7 am opening....only 2 bag checks and gates, so it moves, but not all that fast! Much quicker at the main entrance. We leave GCH around 6:30 and that is fine.

... I'm thinking the hub is probably the best place for everything except Pixar Pier...

Just to clarify for those following: are you thinking of Carthay Circle here? There is no hub in DCA (although Carthay Circle and the area around the fountain sort of serve as one). The only formally named area called "the Hub" is in DL. (In case you tell someone to meet you at the Hub, they'll automatically head for DL, not Carthay Circle.)

Well, we used the GC entrance last year during the Halloween week. We always have been first and had a great start into the park. We also managed to be first at RSR :tiptoe: but had to walk really fast. And we are very early risers (thanks to 9 hours time difference) and were at the entrance about 1 hour before opening. If that is okay for you I would take it, if not, take the front gate.

Is this entrance ONLY for those guests staying in the hotel? (not Paradise Pier or DL hotel)
Can non hotel guests use the exit?

Is this entrance ONLY for those guests staying in the hotel? (not Paradise Pier or DL hotel)
Can non hotel guests use the exit?
Grand guests only. At least in the morning. Later in the day they allow others to use it, but only convenient if you're in the hotel to eat or something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter