GCV check in, luggage carts and self park

Jperiod

I am the rebel spy!
I'm checking in at Gcv in 3 hrs. Do I need to check in before I self park? Will they let us use a luggage cart on our own? I really don't want to tip $20 for something I can do myself. At BWV, we were frustrated we couldn't use one and had all these silly little bags we were expected to tip for.

All depends on how much you have to take up to the room! When we go for just a night or 2 we don't have much to take up so my husband drops us off & helps us unload then parks the car in self parking (FREE) while my teeenage boys & I check in! Really just tell the bell hop you can take care of it yourselves but you may need a cart! They are usually nice about this but if push comes to shove just take 2 trips up! If it were me & had that much to need a cart, I would just cough up the $$! Why start your trip with hassles?

I'm checking in at Gcv in 3 hrs. Do I need to check in before I self park? Will they let us use a luggage cart on our own? I really don't want to tip $20 for something I can do myself. At BWV, we were frustrated we couldn't use one and had all these silly little bags we were expected to tip for.

I haven't seen any Disney resort I've been to allow guests to use luggage carts, it's probably too much of a liability plus they would probably just be left in the halls.

When we stayed at VGC last September, I pulled the car up to the front, we got our luggage out, they allowed us to take it into the lobby and my friend stood in line to check-in while I parked the car. Then I walked back over and met her. Our room wasn't ready so we checked it with the bell desk.

I love this post, I don't mind bell hops earnig a buck and have used them when my kids were young but prefer to self serve it I could. Other hotels let you use our ggage carts. Even at the value resets they frown on it. BLT was the worst I could not get a bell hop that was free and it is a long treck from magical express.

We were at VGC a few days ago. We parked out front, checked in, and brought our bags for a 2 night stay up to the studio ourselves. We went back and self parked the truck.

Just to update, couldn't use the carts. :rolleyes2 We had an ice chest I didn't want to carry, plus too much without a cart, so we had to use it. I just hate the waiting around for our stuff since they won't let you call till you're in the room. Then I have to stand there directing the guy where to put everything when me and dh could have it unloaded in 30 seconds. Not to mention the huge tip. :rolleyes2

On another note, got room 5506, uh-MAZING! World of Color started shortly after we got in the room. :cloud9:

Just to update, couldn't use the carts. :rolleyes2 We had an ice chest I didn't want to carry, plus too much without a cart, so we had to use it. I just hate the waiting around for our stuff since they won't let you call till you're in the room. Then I have to stand there directing the guy where to put everything when me and dh could have it unloaded in 30 seconds. Not to mention the huge tip. :rolleyes2

On another note, got room 5506, uh-MAZING! World of Color started shortly after we got in the room. :cloud9:

Small world. Our daughter and family checked out of there yesterday morning. :) Enjoy your stay.

Sorry about the cart but awesome on the view!! ;) Enjoy your stay at the Villas!! :thumbsup2 pixiedust:

I seem to recall VB having them years ago or maybe I'm just confusing that with other places we've stayed. I don't like people messing with my things so I avoid valet parking, housekeeping unless I'm there and bell services whenever possible. This is one of the areas I like about Marriott, always carts available and usually a sufficient number so as to find one easily, even for the places that do have bell services.

I agree, we ended up loading up both the strollers with all the electronics, kids backpacks, stuff we couldn't wait for, etc. One simple cart would've been so nice. Oh well! Happy to be here!

I seem to recall VB having them years ago or maybe I'm just confusing that with other places we've stayed. I don't like people messing with my things so I avoid valet parking, housekeeping unless I'm there and bell services whenever possible. This is one of the areas I like about Marriott, always carts available and usually a sufficient number so as to find one easily, even for the places that do have bell services.

Vero Beach did indeed have luggage carts for guests to use back in 2009 when we were there last.

Your on holiday.... No need to do everything at a 100mph... You will have more fun if you go with the flow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter