Gem Mining at the Fort

Is this happening now post-covid? I know some vloggers did it in 2019 and I'd love to take my kids to do it in either our Jan or April trips.
Yes, WDW Prep School and Here with the Ears both posted about this. They did them this week. Looks fun!

What's the best way to get to the campground for the gem mining? We're coming from the Grand Floridian and will have a car, but I wasn't sure if the guards would let us in for that. It's faster to drive, but we could take a boat to MK and then grab the boat over from there.

What's the best way to get to the campground for the gem mining? We're coming from the Grand Floridian and will have a car, but I wasn't sure if the guards would let us in for that. It's faster to drive, but we could take a boat to MK and then grab the boat over from there.

Since you aren't a resort guest at the Fort, you'd have to use Disney transportation. You can take the monorail or boat from GF to MK and then boat or bus from MK to FW. Once at Fort Wilderness, take the internal Orange bus from the Settlement (which is where the boat or bus from MK will drop you off at) to the Meadows trading post. Walk behind the Meadows trading post to the bike barn (to the left of the pool) and that is where you will purchase your bag of dirt to mine with.

The bike barn is number 6 in this snip of the map. While on the internal "Orange" bus, just listen for them to say loop 1000 and the Meadows trading post. When you get ready to leave, just make sure to take an Orange bus headed back in the direction of the Settlement (where you arrived originally.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!