Gender neutral bathrooms at WDW, specifically MK?

If you identify as non binary doesn't that give you the choice to use whatever gender bathroom you want. Preferably the one with shortest line. I do object to using the companion restroom as you could be occupying it while a disabled person may be in desperate need of it and how you relate to yourself gender or non gender is not a disability. Think about the concepts of companion bathrooms, especially for parents with older children or adults who require diaper changing.
Disney is a place for all, it's not a school or government building where bigotry is allowed to flourish.
Don't over think the situation, you are on vacation not a mission to make problems where there are none.

If you identify as non binary doesn't that give you the choice to use whatever gender bathroom you want. Preferably the one with shortest line. I do object to using the companion restroom as you could be occupying it while a disabled person may be in desperate need of it and how you relate to yourself gender or non gender is not a disability. Think about the concepts of companion bathrooms, especially for parents with older children or adults who require diaper changing.
Disney is a place for all, it's not a school or government building where bigotry is allowed to flourish.
Don't over think the situation, you are on vacation not a mission to make problems where there are none.

With due respect, I’m not sure you understand what non-binary gender identity actually means, and this isn’t a helpful response for non-binary folks or ppl who may be traveling with them. Public restrooms can be incredibly fraught for even for cis people who are visibly gender nonconforming. My gf is a cis woman who presents fairly butch and has been harassed repeatedly by busybody bathroom police in women’s restrooms even in supposedly progressive Canada. And while WDW is indeed welcoming to LGB people, like everywhere else gender identity education and acceptance lags behind.

I'm trans and I use the handicapped restrooms which are also for parents who need/want to take their child in. They are single stall and lock.
They have had them for years. They are primarily for people in wheel chairs. They have a handicapped sign on or next to the door.
They're actually are companion rest rooms, designed for both those with disabled and parents who go in with their children, more so for parents who need to change their child's diaper.

Disney has them listed as companion restrooms - they are for people who need a companion to help them with toileting. They really aren't for transgender or gender neutral guests. I think Disney needs to step up and have some gender neutral bathrooms alongside the companion restrooms. They don't have to be as big, either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!