General race date questions

NJlauren

DIS Veteran
I was looking at race date weekends for 2017, and was thinking when might the 2018 races be.

When plugging in dates I noticed most races fall on or around a holiday weekend.

Princes half 2017 - weekend after Presidents' Day
Star Wars (dark side) 2017 - weekend after Easter
Disneyland half - Labor Day weekend
Super hero half Disneyland - veterans weekend (seems to be fitting and applicable)

I know it's not all races but just wondering if this is random or intentional, was considering an early 2018 race but over lapping with holiday week crowds doesn't sound fun....

I would guess they will adjust them so they dont. The marathon weekend is a good one too.. Figure they will squeeze it in between New years and MLK so guessing it will be Jan 4,5,6,7 which could easily still be when schools are out.. Not sure what schools are doing with NYD on a Monday. Could make for some crowds for part of it..

I was looking at race date weekends for 2017, and was thinking when might the 2018 races be.

When plugging in dates I noticed most races fall on or around a holiday weekend.

Princes half 2017 - weekend after Presidents' Day
Star Wars (dark side) 2017 - weekend after Easter
Disneyland half - Labor Day weekend
Super hero half Disneyland - veterans weekend (seems to be fitting and applicable)

I know it's not all races but just wondering if this is random or intentional, was considering an early 2018 race but over lapping with holiday week crowds doesn't sound fun....

Star Wars Light Side has been over MLK weekend and WDWMW is usually the week before.

I would guess they will adjust them so they dont.

The events at Disneyland are always all on holiday weekends, something I've complained about before. I know they do it purposefully so that more people can attend, but it makes the crowd levels that much worse.

Star Wars LS is on Martin Luther King day weekend, Tink is on Mother's day weekend, DL Half is on Labor day weekend and Superheroes (Avengers) is on Veterans day weekend.

I would think because Easter changes from year to year it just so happens that the Dark side falls on that week for 2017. I am hoping the just keep the same week in April because we will be returning that week in 2018 and would love to have the whole family run that event.

I would think because Easter changes from year to year it just so happens that the Dark side falls on that week for 2017. I am hoping the just keep the same week in April because we will be returning that week in 2018 and would love to have the whole family run that event.

Actually, for 2017, I think they moved the Dark Side back a week just so it wouldn't land on Easter weekend. In 2016 when Easter wasn't a problem, the races were April 15-17 (same weekend as Boston Marathon), and for 2017, they will be April 21-23 (the weekend after Boston).

It will be interesting to see what 2018 dates are because Easter again won't be an issue. Will they roll it back to the same weekend as Boston so that the races are April 13-15, or will they keep it similar to 2017 with the races April 20-22?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter