Genie plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jose678

Earning My Ears
Is the genie plus worth the money? I've heard that wait times aren't that bad and that is not worth it. Thoughts?

We were at WDW right after Christmas and did not purchase it. We still rode everything we wanted to ride at Epcot and Magic Kingdom. The stories of people purchasing it and then only able to get 1-2 rides made the decision for us.

I heard something similar but wanted to hear others experiences. Thank you.

Yes it was crowded w/ long wait times. This was last Tuesday. And MK has a lot of rides and we were only there for one day so wanted to maximize.

I purchased ILL for space mountain and for 7 Dwarves. We got four additional rides with G+. It would have been 5 additional rides but I messed up in the morning with one of the bookings and when I fixed it they pushed my booking window back another two hours so I lost some opportunity there. Also we don’t rope drop so I make our bookings for after noon time. If we were early birds I’m sure I could have booked 7 G+ rides. Here was our schedule:

Astro Orbiter (Standby)

Space Mountain (ILL)
1:20-2:20

Monsters Inc (Standby)

Seven Dwarves Mine Train (ILL)
3:20-4:20

Haunted Mansion (Standby)

Jungle Cruise (G+)
5:40-6:40

Pirates of the Caribbean (G+)
6:40-7:40

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (G+)
7:00-8:00

Small World (Standby during fireworks)

Buzz Lightyear (G+)
7:30-8:30

Space Mountain (Standby during fireworks)

Last edited:

Do you need to purchase Genie+ for the length of your ticket, or can you decide day by day? I can't imagine needing it in Epcot or AK, but want it our MK day.

It was definitely worth it the weekend before last. Standby waits were pretty long, and I was able to get 7 Genie+ reservations in one day (we had Hoppers, so that was split between two parks: one in Epcot and six in MK). Saved so much time.

It honestly depends on the crowds and what you want to ride. If you know how to use it, you can save lots of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter