Genie / Star Class

TEM1234

Mouseketeer
We are splurging for my Mother's 60th birthday and staying in a Presidential Suite, which gives us the Genie and Star Suite service. We have stayed at the Sky class suite level before, but this is the first time staying at a Star Level. I'm starting to try and book activities for the ship, but am unsure what on-board activities are included as a suite perk. For example, we got free internet at the sky level so it would have been a waste to purchase a package. Can anyone who has stayed at the Star level provide some insight? I'm thinking of things like the cupcake decorating class or extra flowrider time. (I know we get the internet and beverage packages included). If anyone could also speak to their experience with the Genie, that would be great too,
Thanks in advance!

These are probably about a year old now so I'm not sure how accurate....
Screenshot_20190304-231501_Samsung Internet.jpg

We sailed on the Symphony and had a Genie. All I can say is WOW! You will be so spoiled. Simply fantasic! Your genie will take care of everything and I mean everything for you. No need to plan things out months,weeks in advance. Usually every morning we would tell our genie where we wanted to eat and he would get us a reservation. If we wanted to see a show, again that morning we would tell him. He would reserve front row center for us. No need to show up super early and wait in line. Just meet your genie and he would walk us down and seat us. Any dining in the room, the Genie handled that too. The only problem... you won’t want to travel any other way.

I've always wanted to try STAR Class but $$$$ keeps us at SEA Level so instead I am giving the VBC (Value Based Cruising) butler/genie approach a try.

We have a MSC Seaside Yacht Club cruise soon and will compare what I've read about STAR to the YC. I'm sure that STAR is a tad above YC but here is where VBC comes into play. Least expensive STAR for a 7 Western is in the $15,000+ neighborhood out of PC but $20,000 out of Miami where MSC leaves from and although our cabin is smaller we have similar amenities at $4,500. Matter of fact, we have two YC Cruises and still way less than one STAR.

We sailed STAR class last year on Harmony and it was amazing. When you say extra flow rider time, what exactly do you mean? We did an hour private flow rider lesson for 3 people, but it wasn't fee. It was $500. You can eat anything and anywhere on the ship, anytime you want. It is fantastic! Like the previous poster said, no planning or booking ahead. Just let your Genie know that morning what you want and they will make it happen. But keep in mind, not everything is free.

We sailed STAR class last year on Harmony and it was amazing. When you say extra flow rider time, what exactly do you mean? We did an hour private flow rider lesson for 3 people, but it wasn't fee. It was $500. You can eat anything and anywhere on the ship, anytime you want. It is fantastic! Like the previous poster said, no planning or booking ahead. Just let your Genie know that morning what you want and they will make it happen. But keep in mind, not everything is free.
That’s what I’m wondering- I know a private lesson would have a fee, but could they example, get you to the front of the line like at shows? Does the cupcake class count as a benefit (since the speciality restaurants are included).thanks to everyone who has responded- I have seen what is listed on the website, but it seems like there is still a lot of stuff to do that we should take advantage of but may not be mentioned on the website. I’m also wondering what suite benefits are available on cococay. We loved the suite beach at labadee!

I can't answer your question about Coco Cay as we have only done Labaee (love it too, BTW)

Yes, you do get a "front of the line" wristband for the flowrider, zipline, rock wall and Abyss slide. We had to ask a couple of people at the sports counter by the flow riders about them as the first person gave us the wrong one. Honestly though, my kids never used it. It made them uncomfortable to walk in front of people who had been waiting.

I am not sure about the cupcake class being free, but maybe someone else knows. They did offer a galley and bridge tour for free and that was really cool.

On Anthem, both the cupcake decorating and sushi making classes were included with SC. On CocoCay, we were able to use the suite beach and eat from their buffet. No other perks.

On Anthem, both the cupcake decorating and sushi making classes were included with SC. On CocoCay, we were able to use the suite beach and eat from their buffet. No other perks.
Hi - I had read there is no suite area on the beach at Coco Cay. That has changed? We're sailing in March and we're sky class - can you describe what the suite area was? Thanks!

Hi - I had read there is no suite area on the beach at Coco Cay. That has changed? We're sailing in March and we're sky class - can you describe what the suite area was? Thanks!
We were there before the Perfect Day construction was complete and yes, there was a suite beach area with a very small buffet, a few shaded tables, a bar, a number of lounge chairs with umbrellas, those tiny cabanas, and a roped-off (very small) area of sand and water. The area was teeny.

We were there before the Perfect Day construction was complete and yes, there was a suite beach area with a very small buffet, a few shaded tables, a bar, a number of lounge chairs with umbrellas, those tiny cabanas, and a roped-off (very small) area of sand and water. The area was teeny.
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts