Georgetown men's basketball sells "actual reality" tickets

bcla

On our rugged Eastern foothills.....
Heard about this on the radio. The premise is no cell phones (meaning no selfies), regular paper ticket stock from Ticketmaster picked up only at will call (no print at home or eTickets), stats provided at halftime on paper, etc. And they provide name tags to encourage people to talk to each other face to face. It's not necessarily a "back to the stone ages" deal since a computer system and electronic printing is needed to buy the tickets and to print the stats. It's more like a journey back to 25 years ago when people weren't glued to their technology at a spectator event.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ion-will-force-fans-to-put-their-phones-away/

Hoyas.png

Heard about this on the radio. The premise is no cell phones (meaning no selfies), regular paper ticket stock from Ticketmaster picked up only at will call (no print at home or eTickets), stats provided at halftime on paper, etc. And they provide name tags to encourage people to talk to each other face to face. It's not necessarily a "back to the stone ages" deal since a computer system and electronic printing is needed to buy the tickets and to print the stats. It's more like a journey back to 25 years ago when people weren't glued to their technology at a spectator event.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ion-will-force-fans-to-put-their-phones-away/

Hoyas.png

I love this. So many times I’ve gone to events or on vacation, and instead of actually looking at and watching the event, people are recording the entire thing on their cell phones. Drive me bonkers. Just enjoy the event.

And besides, I wonder how many times they actually watch that cell phone video on those tiny screens once they get home?

However, I do think they’ll have a hard time convincing people to check their expensive phones. I wonder if they’ll really enforce the no cell phones allowed rule. What will they do-kick you out or confiscate the phone?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts