Germany ABD during Oktoberfest

mom2aPrincess&Pirate

Mouseketeer
We have a hold on the September 29, 2020 Germany ABD, and I believe Oktoberfest is from September 19 - October 4, 2020. Has anyone done this trip during Oktoberfest in the past? I get an error when I try to view the itinerary online, but the Vacationista advised that the itinerary is still exactly the same, just that any "on your own" time may be different because Oktoberfest is going on.

We were originally going to come in a day early to experience Oktoberfest on our own before beginning the Adventure, but am wondering if we need to do that if we'll be having dinner at Hofbrauhaus during the ABD, plus some other time on our own in Munich those first few days?

Any insights on this would be great as adding 1 extra hotel pre-night through Disney is $1,378.00 :oops:, so if we would get the Oktoberfest experience during the ABD, we will likely add an extra day elsewhere (we are considering spending a few days in Paris or Amsterdam before the adventure and then taking the train to Munich).

Thanks!!

$ 1378 per room is about 3 times the normal rate per room per night ...

Look up the Hotel and check it out yourself..

If it's important to you to experience Oktoberfest, then I would definitely make sure you have time to go before the adventure begins. I'd hate for things not to work out or be rushed during OYO time and then leave you feeling disappointed. We stayed elsewhere before the adventure started and just took a cab to the Kempinski on check-in day.

If it's important to you to experience Oktoberfest, then I would definitely make sure you have time to go before the adventure begins. I'd hate for things not to work out or be rushed during OYO time and then leave you feeling disappointed. We stayed elsewhere before the adventure started and just took a cab to the Kempinski on check-in day.
I agree with this. While it's nice to have plans to do stuff you want during OYO time, things like bad traffic happen, and OYO time goes away or is greatly shortened. It just happens, and there's nothing to be done about it. If there's something not on the itinerary that you REALLY want to do, I also advise doing on pre- or post-days if possible, to make sure you have the time to actually do it.

And, @mom2aPrincess&Pirate, while I generally am in the "It's easier to just do the pre-days with ABD" camp, $1,378.00 is *RIDICULOUS*!!! (Is that for 2 rooms? That much for 1 room seems inconceivable!) If it is, 2 rooms, chances are you could find a room on your own that would accommodate all of you (ABD generally won't). And if it's not 2 rooms, I cannot imagine that you can't find a great room WAY cheaper than $1,378.00!!!

Sayhello

I agree with this. While it's nice to have plans to do stuff you want during OYO time, things like bad traffic happen, and OYO time goes away or is greatly shortened. It just happens, and there's nothing to be done about it. If there's something not on the itinerary that you REALLY want to do, I also advise doing on pre- or post-days if possible, to make sure you have the time to actually do it.

And, @mom2aPrincess&Pirate, while I generally am in the "It's easier to just do the pre-days with ABD" camp, $1,378.00 is *RIDICULOUS*!!! (Is that for 2 rooms? That much for 1 room seems inconceivable!) If it is, 2 rooms, chances are you could find a room on your own that would accommodate all of you (ABD generally won't). And if it's not 2 rooms, I cannot imagine that you can't find a great room WAY cheaper than $1,378.00!!!

Sayhello

$1,378.00 is the cost they gave me for 1 room for 1 night. There are only 2 of us traveling! According to the Vacationista, the price is so inflated because the dates are during Oktoberfest. I agree that it seemed a bit excessive!!

You can book a superior room on September 28 on the hotel website for $810 US. Just book the room yourself or better yet look for cheaper accommodation. Booking an extra night through ABD is highway robbery.

Just my 2 cents. We stayed in Munich for 5 days during Oktoberfest and then did the Danube River Cruise. We stayed at the Platzl Hotel which was much cheaper than the Kempinski (if that’s where Disney ABD is staying) and it was only a block away. Well within walking distance with luggage. The Platzl was a great hotel with a good breakfast. The Hofbrahaus was right in the back of out hotel but no noise from the goings on. I would highly recommend this place. The subway was a 5 minute walk and the trains are clean and great and easily navigated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter