Germany Cancelled

New dates were difficult find that worked with my schedule and my now college age daughter's as well. It was easier to pull her out of classes while in high school :rolleyes2

So....re-booked to the March 21, 2020, South Africa Departure. There are currently 8 of us so if anyone is interested please join us :-)

New dates were difficult find that worked with my schedule and my now college age daughter's as well. It was easier to pull her out of classes while in high school :rolleyes2

So....re-booked to the March 21, 2020, South Africa Departure. There are currently 8 of us so if anyone is interested please join us :-)

Wow! I think this is a very happy ending. I have heard nothing but wonderful things about this trip. Have fun!

oh man that sucks!! Germany was on our list for next year but the Dachau concentration camp age moved from 12 to 14 so we have to put off until at least 2022.
Too bad, that you would postphone a trip to Germany just because of Dachau. There is so much more to see and do. You can return again when the 12 year old is older :-)

But there are so many other places to see. We went to South Korea this year and are going to Egypt next year. We will wait until she can see all of the places we think are important. Doesn't hurt to postpone and visit other countries in the mean time.
Too bad, that you would postphone a trip to Germany just because of Dachau. There is so much more to see and do. You can return again when the 12 year old is older :-)

I visited Dachau about two weeks ago. There were kids of all ages walking around...teenagers to toddlers in strollers.

I think there is a film that has age restrictions and Disney of course has our ages. Don't want to go that far and take the nickel tour so to speak.

Kind of glad it happened that way since Egypt is a bucket list also.

I visited Dachau about two weeks ago. There were kids of all ages walking around...teenagers to toddlers in strollers.

Last edited:

What?! We've only looked at ABD (land & river) minimally because of the overtly high price. When we travel to Europe we tend to buy airfare FAR in advance (6-9 months). Thanks for all in outlining some of their policies that are VASTLY different than DCL. (BFF is interested most in the river cruises, but the cost already has us looking at other companies even thought this trip wouldn't be until 2024!)

Just a reminder...if you want to book airfare that far out, just do it through ABD, once you have the ABD booked. If you book airfare through ABD, you will get your money refunded if ABD cancels the trip. In my experience, I went out and found the exact flights that I wanted and told the agent exactly what to book, down to the seat assignment. There was no difference in price. I've seen others post that sometimes the ABD agent can get an even better price (but don't count on it).

Given ABD's nebulous cancellation policy, I wouldn't even consider buying airfare on my own if traveling with them.

Just a reminder...if you want to book airfare that far out, just do it through ABD, once you have the ABD booked. If you book airfare through ABD, you will get your money refunded if ABD cancels the trip. In my experience, I went out and found the exact flights that I wanted and told the agent exactly what to book, down to the seat assignment. There was no difference in price. I've seen others post that sometimes the ABD agent can get an even better price (but don't count on it).

Given ABD's nebulous cancellation policy, I wouldn't even consider buying airfare on my own if traveling with them.
It certainly is easier and more direct in regards to cancellation if you book your airfare with ABD. Based on everything I've heard & read, if you book your airfare yourself and flat out end up canceling your trip after ABD cancels, or move to another departure of the same trip, you are good to go. You will get either a refund or your airfare changes taken care of. Where the nebulous part comes in seems to be if you decide you still want to take the trip (without ABD) in which case they likely won't cover any changes to your airfare (like dates). Also, if you move to a different trip where the airfare is far more expensive (like move from Arizona/Utah to Italy), they won't cover the full cost of changes in that case.

Sayhello

Last edited:

This always kind of worried me in the back of my mind with our ABD because I booked with flights with credit card points. I don't know what happens in that scenario.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!