Get all rec vaccines for your kids with no adverse events?

mefordis

If you can dream it, you can do it.
So much vaccine controversy and it's getting worse. I believe that people who are afraid to vax only see the people who are reporting adverse events, but they are not looking at reports from people who had no incident after getting the vaccines. Of course why would they? People usually post when they have negative things to report. Some people will say we don't know if they experienced adverse events because they are often dismissed as not attributable to the vaccine when they may have been but it's not acknowledged by the doctor or sometimes the parent. Okay, fair enough. But parents who vaccinated their kids clearly know if nothing changed after the vaccines.

So, in the interest of creating a positive thread, would people who have fully vaxxed with no adverse events please, if they don't mind sharing, post here letting everyone know?

Please no judgement - just positivity. Thanks!

I don't actually know anyone who has no adverse reactions to vaccines. There are always minor reactions like injection site pain, swelling, etc. My children are fully vaccinated in spite of minor reactions, we also get flu shots just about every year. My daughter reacted badly to her first tdap and after that she had to be given ibuprofen before the subsequent shots to combat the inflammation. My son had an adverse reaction to MMR. In spite of the minor reactions my kids had, I believe that vaccines do more good than harm--they truly are a miracle of modern medicine!

My kids are in their teens and I don't recall having any problems at all with any of the vaccinations they received. As far as I know they are currently up to date on everything, even the mono ones and the Hepatits ones and HPV and stuff - no issues.

It's possible that they said their arm was sore at some point?? I don't really remember, but it is possible - mainly they were always happy to get them because they got some kind of sucker or candy after them.

Aside from minor injection-area pain, mine have never had a negative reaction.

We adopted my son at 13 months old. He had incomplete medical records and titers didn't show immunity even for the vaccines we were told he'd had. So my pediatrician put him on an aggressive "catch up" schedule. He got the first doses of ALL the immunizations that most kids receive across their first year at one visit. Lots of shots! Then he got the boosters at the closest recommended intervals in order to get him caught up as quickly as possible. No adverse reactions to that even.

One of mine at 12 months threw up the evening after one of them ... I think DPT, but could have been MMR. Other than that, no reactions. We've had everything offered according to the medically recommended schedule.

As this is a huge political issue, I am not sure there is any response I can give and not break DIS rules.

Everyone but you seems to be able to just fine.

I’m the oldest of four and I don’t remember any of us having adverse reactions. We’d get our needle, rub our arm for a few minutes then my mom would take us for lunch at our favourite restaurant.

Not sure if it was a faulty batch or what, but all four of us got whooping cough at the same time. It was awful and I missed three weeks of school (five in total but we were on Christmas break).

My daughter did not have any reactions either.

This thread likely won’t end well. I hope I’m wrong though.
Anyway, my son is fully vaccinated, including a flu shot. He’s 2 1/2 and has always been on the recommended vaccine schedule. No adverse reactions. Unless he was medically fragile, I’d never not vaccinate. It’s as simple as that with me

All our children had all vaccines. And they're all still healthy. No "adverse" reactions. There may have been a sore arm here and there, but certainly not "adverse".

Added to that my husband and I (we're older now) continue to get our annual flu shots, had both pneumonia vaccines, and got the shingles shots (both the original and the new 2 shot series) as well as keeping up with tetanus shots. I also got the measles shot (twice) as an adult, since I haven't had measles, and my blood work showed no immunity (even after the first shot).

Biggest issue with all of that - the tetanus shots causing sore/stiff arm for a couple of days.

So much vaccine controversy and it's getting worse. I believe that people who are afraid to vax only see the people who are reporting adverse events, but they are not looking at reports from people who had no incident after getting the vaccines. Of course why would they? People usually post when they have negative things to report. Some people will say we don't know if they experienced adverse events because they are often dismissed as not attributable to the vaccine when they may have been but it's not acknowledged by the doctor or sometimes the parent. Okay, fair enough. But parents who vaccinated their kids clearly know if nothing changed after the vaccines.

So, in the interest of creating a positive thread, would people who have fully vaxxed with no adverse events please, if they don't mind sharing, post here letting everyone know?

Please no judgement - just positivity. Thanks!

All three of mine were fully vaccinated (actually remember it being a requirement to enroll in school).
I was also vaccinated and so thankful for them, especially, at the time, for the polio vac, as I knew people that had contracted polio and died from it or had severe issues all their lives.
A sore arm or a little fever is nothing for all the lives saved.

It is far better than the kid dying of Whooping Cough or measles or something like that.

agreed. i'm old enough that i had a sibling who had polio before the vaccine came into being. he was lucky enough to survive but like many of the other childhood polio survivors began suffering similar symptoms as he aged. there are many older adults suffering from post polio syndrome who could have been spared losing their youths and their senior years had a vaccine been available.

No issues other than injection site soreness, also including Gardasil.

I do not always get a flu shot (I know, I know) but DH always does. He had a good friend who died of the flu (in his early 50s) a few years back and it really left an impression. :( No particular negative effects there, either.

My kids had their vaccinations and other than running a low grade temp and a sore arm, no major reactions. My grandkids are the same. Everyone has the flu shot every year and no issues except for a sore arm for a day or so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter