Get all rec vaccines for your kids with no adverse events?

We are all fully vaccinated with no adverse side effects. Also, our son and daughter received the Gardisil vaccines with no side effects except soreness at the injection site. My husband is a Type 1 diabetic, so we also all get our flu shots every year. Our daughter is getting re-vaccinated now for Meningitis B because her titers were negative over the summer (she was required to have titers done before entering her high school LPN program this year).

My children are fully vaccinated. They have had no side effects other than pain at the injection site and some tears while getting the shots. I'm from the generation who lined up in schools to get vaccinated because it was such a miracle to HAVE vaccines, as our parents knew intimately. Now, my son is on the autism spectrum, but not from vaccines. He was BORN THAT WAY. He is high functioning, and is highly intelligent (straight A's in a competitive engineering program at a respect university). It's a package ... socially awkward, good heart, highly intelligent. I'll take the package. And, I do not for one damn minute blame vaccines for it.

Again....I wish there was a :hug: emoji in the Like department.

Anyway, last year Christmas my sweet little granddaughter (2 and a half at the time) was diagnosed highly severely autistic. (on a 1 to 10 my son told me she's likely an 8 or 9) Never EVER would they, or me have blamed vaccines for her diagnosis. In fact both parents got genetically tested and unfortunately were told a next child would have 70 percent chance of being the same. They are wonderful parents to her and will always continue to protect her (via vaccines) as much as they can.

And keeping to the theme of this thread.......Vivian is the most positive thing in our lives. :love:

Everything has a risk of adverse events. People die from taking tylenol and advil ALL the time, every day.

We are all fully vaxxed. No adverse events to speak of. Our kids (and probably my husband and I to some extent) are autistic, but they both showed those traits WELL before vaccinations (as newborns, essentially).

This year's flu shot made my arm so sore I couldn't move it for 24 hours. I don't consider that an adverse event. It's a side effect. Totally different.

Same thing here. I always tense up whenever getting a shot, which of course then makes the soreness much worse. That's not a side effect, that's a consequence of having a needle stuck into a tensed muscle.

No side effects for any of my children, myself, or my husband, either. Thank goodness for the advances science has made to keep us safe!

DD had a bad reaction to her second dTAP when she was... maybe 6 months old? (she had it on schedule so whenever that was...). She because extremely lethargic, laid in my arms whimpering somewhat, not really responding very well, with shallow breathing. Off to the ER we went, where they monitored her and... I don't really remember, but she was fine, she's 26 now. She has had all the vaccines (including Guardisil) plus whatever she needed to take kids to Ecuador through CISV. She just knows she is allergic to pertussis vaccine and makes sure the docs know this before she has any further immunizations.

All recommended vaccines taken, including Guardasil series, and flu shot every year, no problems to speak of besides minor sore injection sites.

All vaccines here, including Gardasil and some extras that were recommended when traveling abroad and no adverse effects here.

The only side effects anyone I know have gotten from a vaccine is me. And it's a well known and normal side effect of the Tetanus shot. I had pain across my shoulder and back.

Sorry, what is me? Has it gone away?
Me as in I'm the one that had the side effect. Yes. It goes away in a couple of days. I get it every single time too. But it is absolutely nothing compared to the pain if you get the disease. So don't fail to get your tetanus shot every 10 years (5 if you're injured in the mean time.)

No side effects both kids. I just recall myself having a sore arm, was most likely the tetanus shot

Both mine are fully vaccinated. We had absolutely no issues with side effects beyond the usual fever, fussiness, etc. My oldest is autistic, but so is my Brother, Grandfather, and probably my Father as well. I show signs of it also and so does DH. He didn't get it from the vaccinations, he got it from the gene pool lottery.

I've said on here before, as we become more and more removed from the last unvaccinated generation, we are losing our fear of these diseases. I was old when I had my kids and so was my Mother. She remembers having measles, mumps, etc. She would have KILLED me if I'd even considered not vaccinating my kids. When we no longer have the fear of the disease, it becomes so much easier to fear the vaccination.
I'm only 45 and had both measles and mumps (as well as the chicken pox) as a child. It wasn't that long ago these diseases were prevalent in our country.

My family has all received all recommended vaccinations with no particular problems other than maybe discomfort for a short bit of time afterwards. DD is only part way through the HPV series, a somewhat delayed schedule at the doctor's recommendation; all other vaccinations were received on time.

And keeping to the theme of this thread.......Vivian is the most positive thing in our lives. :love:

I love this! I wish you all the best on your journey with her :hug:

My family has all received all recommended vaccinations with no particular problems other than maybe discomfort for a short bit of time afterwards. DD is only part way through the HPV series, a somewhat delayed schedule at the doctor's recommendation; all other vaccinations were received on time.

I love this! I wish you all the best on your journey with her :hug:

Thank you. :goodvibes

4 kids, all vaccines and then some extra for traveling. My twins had a reaction to a shot when they were in grade school. I can’t remember now what it was but they each got 2 in the arm that day so I don’t think we can pinpoint which one caused the reaction. Both their arms really swelled up. We went out of town a day after their shots and they stayed with my SIL who is a nurse. Even she got concerned by the reaction, which is really saying something. She called her mother who is also a nurse and they both kept a close eye on it by marking the swelling. Everything went back to normal after 10 days or so. They’ve gone on to have other vaccines without a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter