Get all rec vaccines for your kids with no adverse events?

There are side effects to doctor prescribed medicine as well, I wonder if the anti-vaxxers are gonna start an uproar about that in the next few years.
They already do. An ex-friend became a zealot. I saw all her group posts and let’s just say the whole thing was a train wreck. What made me nuts is most of them were 100% vaccinated as kids. We stopped being friends when she went on a crusade about Polio never being a real thing. My DH’s grandmother (one of the best ladies I’ve ever known) suffered the after affects of Polio her entire life.

Anyway, three kids fully vaccinated, no issues beyond fever and soreness. My younger two did have some kind of virus after a set, vomiting and the runs but I’ve always chalked that up to a coincidence.

Mefordis, I know you want to keep this positive and so do I but what adverse side effects are we even talking about besides the minor things DISers have mentioned on this thread?? If they are soooo controversial then please don't respond to my question if you don't want.

.......and btw all my kids and grandkids so far have been vaccinated with just the side effects mentioned in this thread.

Since your asking to keep it positive I’ll bite my tongue about the man who was behind the supposed vaccine-autism connection. But I’ll just say I don’t like him very much.

No real problems except for the usual stuff. And as a kid I had a series that would probably make some parents heads roll because of living in a third world country at the time. And thus us needing to be up to date on all our vaccines stat.

I also was one of the first to get Gardasoil when it went on the market in 06 at my then PCPs recommendation. No problems there and having had family who’ve survived cancer I always feel like that’s one of the more improtant.

Since your asking to keep it positive I’ll bite my tongue about the man who was behind the supposed vaccine-autism connection. But I’ll just say I don’t like him very much.

Agree, I am with you on that.
And I am glad I haven't heard Jenny McCarthy spouting off in quite some time. Gotta channel my inner Elsa and let it go ...

This house is up to date on all vaccines, including flu shot. Never had any adverse reactions other than a tender arm after a flu shot.

So much vaccine controversy and it's getting worse. I believe that people who are afraid to vax only see the people who are reporting adverse events, but they are not looking at reports from people who had no incident after getting the vaccines. Of course why would they? People usually post when they have negative things to report. Some people will say we don't know if they experienced adverse events because they are often dismissed as not attributable to the vaccine when they may have been but it's not acknowledged by the doctor or sometimes the parent. Okay, fair enough. But parents who vaccinated their kids clearly know if nothing changed after the vaccines.

So, in the interest of creating a positive thread, would people who have fully vaxxed with no adverse events please, if they don't mind sharing, post here letting everyone know?

Please no judgement - just positivity. Thanks!
My wife, two kids (now teenagers) and myself are fully vaccinated PLUS the full course for travel to East Asia, South East Asia, Africa, and the Caribbean. That last two involved shots for hepatitis A, hepatitis B, typhoid, and yellow fever as well as boosters for all childhood vaccines, all done in a single visit.

Other than a sore spot or two where the needles went in, we never had any reaction. On the other hand My daughter and I were both bit by a rabid dog in Romania, and my wife and I were exposed to blood that was positive for Hep. A.

About a hundred years ago, my great-grandmother was widowed in her 30's because her husband died of the flu. She had 2 young sons and quickly remarried a man whose wife had died of the flu around the same time. In doing ancestry research, I discovered that this man's 10 year old son had died about 8 years earlier of diphtheria and that his premature newborn child died a few months later. Family lore has it that the man was a miserable person. It is no wonder. Experiencing death after death of your loved ones will do that to you. Vaccines prevent many deaths.

I had everything that was required at the time. (Hep A wasn’t required then and my doc says I don’t need it unless I’m worried; I got the chicken pox before my checkup after it had been licensed.) No effects other than some soreness, which, like, I also feel whenever I need bloodwork or the finger prick.

And I had the oh-so-scary Gardasil. It was fine.

No problems here with any vaccines, though I did have a bit of a reaction to the Flu vaccine a few years ago. Nothing super serious, but got really dizzy, lightheaded, and just faint about 30 minutes after the shot. It lasted for about 2 days as well. Luckily when it hit, I was still at the store where I got it (they ask that you stay for x amount of time and I had to do my shopping anyway) so they were able to help me get to a point where I could get home. Other then that, nothing.

Though the Hep A shot I got this year HURT. My arm was super stiff and painful for a few days after that one!

My husband and I, as well as our 23 and 26 year old sons have had all vaccinations with no problems.

We have a large circle of friends and a very large extended family and I have never heard of even a hint of a problem from anyone.

I really wouldn't peg this as an "adverse" effect, but after my son's 2-month shots, he alternated between sleeping and screaming the entire night. A few other times, he's seemed unusually fatigued. I'll take that over a sick child any day! He's had all of his vaccinations on time, as recommended, including his annual flu shot.

I was surprised this year, after getting my flu shot - I was extremely tired, my whole arm burned (not just the injection site, my entire arm from shoulder to elbow), and it was so sore that I couldn't raise my arm. It took almost a week for it to go away. And I'll continue to get my flu shots, as I'd rather have that than the flu.

I listened to a 2+ hour podcast with a vaccine researcher and he was excellent at refuting all anti-vax propaganda. He said they are almost certain that autism is determined in-utero and has nothing to do with vaccines. He also said infants should be individually screened to see if vaccines may be a problem in very specific circumstances.

if you are interested the podcast was by the Joe Rogan Experience ( yes the Fear Factor guy). He as the most listened to podcast on the internet a has various scientists, journalists, politicians, athletes, etc. he goes in depth with the guests and you learn all sorts of things.

Not including the flu shot, I have had all of my recommended vaccines over the years without any issues (meaning nothing beyond the typical soreness at the injection site or, as a small child, running a fever). My kids have had all recommended vaccines for their ages so far, and they seemed to have had less reactions than my mother even said myself and my siblings had. (My mother used to bemoan that we *did* often run a fever afterwards, whereas my kids almost never did.)

I will also add, that if more anti-vaxxers were also genealogists, some might change their minds. There are few things as sobering as reading the death notices and death certificates for all of the children who used to die of things we can now typically prevent. :'( So many babies and young children died. So, so many. And that's in just the families I've done research for, which is just a drop in the bucket. :( So many times I'd read the cause the death and think "How lucky I am that there are vaccines for this now."

All 7 of mine were fully vaccinated and other than a few mild side effects- slight fever, sore arm, no problems at all

My mom had a sister who died at age 2 of diphtheria. I’m sure my grandmother would have given anything if the vaccine had been available

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter