Get all rec vaccines for your kids with no adverse events?

My boys have had every vaccine with no problem. My mother didn’t vaccinate my brother and me. She wasn’t against vaccines, she was just a bad mother. Her older brother even had polio as a child. My grandmother got custody of us for a few years and figured out that my mom had lied to the school about our vaccinations. Every week she took us to the doctor until we were fully vaccinated. The only side effect is that my brother and I are terrified of needles.

My older son has Aspergers and has had all of his vaccinations. It wasn't caused by the vaccinations. I knew something was off when he was a baby. My DH and I have been working to get up-to-date on all our vaccinations. We were fully vaccinated as a child but we don't have immunity anymore. I had my MMR titers done and I wasn't immune anymore so I recently got the vaccinations again. I highly recommend that all of y'all do the same because of the recent measles outbreaks.

There are side effects to doctor prescribed medicine as well, I wonder if the anti-vaxxers are gonna start an uproar about that in the next few years.
I don't think being aware and making informed decisions about the very real side-effects prescription meds can cause makes one a crack-pot. :rolleyes: I do at least a minimum of research (on-line and in person with my pharmacist, who often has more expertise on the subject than my GP) before taking any drug. Some I have declined due to the potential risks.

As for vaccinations, my DS was born 23 years ago when wide access to the internet was just getting underway and information about concerns regarding vaccines were emerging. The primary one (at least for me) was the use of thimerosal, a mercury-based preservative in batch-vials of vaccine. For this reason we were extremely cautious with DS - we paid OOP for single-dose vials and had his vaccination schedule altered (with the full agreement of our GP) so that he only took one vaccine at a time instead of the compound ones. I don't remember him ever having a reaction and I don't regret doing it that way at all.

We’re all fully vaccinated.
I have a cousin on Facebook that shares anti vax memes.
Because with her one year secretarial course she knows better than all the medical and research professionals you know.

My girls are fully vaccinated and had no issues beyond the occasional sore arm and fussiness/low grade fever as babies. I did space them out so they didn’t get more than one injection at a time which was recommended by our pediatrician.

DH, my kids and myself were all fully vaccinated (the older 2 didn't get the chicken pox vaccine, it came out after they had them), although we did pay to do the single shots. My dad had an allergy to penicillin and eggs, and our first Ped recommended we do the single shots until we knew if the kids were going to have the same issue. No reactions from us or the kids or grandkids.

DH can no longer get any "live" vaccines, since the transplant. And I can't get them, unless I plan on being away for 4-6 weeks after. We do get the flu shots annually. DS will be getting the HPV and flu shot at the end of the month, during his annual. It's late, I know, but the doc was gone for Oct-Nov having her own munchkin, and he wasn't comfortable seeing her substitute.

I am fully vaccinated (I even got a booster of the DTP vaccine the other day) with no issues. My older sister did have a reaction to the first whooping cough vaccine so her doctor said not to give the boosters and that herd immunity should protect her. Unfortunately there was an anti-vaxxer’s child in her preschool class and she ended up getting whooping cough as a result (which was possibly worse than the reaction!).

My sisters and I had all our vaccines without issues.

I know a couple people whose kids had an allergic reaction to something in a vaccine, so now need to get them one at a time and remain under observation for a while after to make sure they don't have a reaction. They have not sworn off all vaccines because of it.

My children are fully vaccinated. They have had no side effects other than pain at the injection site and some tears while getting the shots. I'm from the generation who lined up in schools to get vaccinated because it was such a miracle to HAVE vaccines, as our parents knew intimately. Now, my son is on the autism spectrum, but not from vaccines. He was BORN THAT WAY. He is high functioning, and is highly intelligent (straight A's in a competitive engineering program at a respect university). It's a package ... socially awkward, good heart, highly intelligent. I'll take the package. And, I do not for one damn minute blame vaccines for it.

My DH has been vaccinated at least 3 times (including, I believe twice for smallpox), with no adverse reactions. Anyhow, he had regular vaccinations as a child. He then was lined up at given shots at boot camp and again when he deployed. He also usually gets the flu shot. No adverse reactions (aside from arm pain).

I had all my shots as required, I am in my 30s. Despite being overweight, I am in very good health. I usually get a flu shot, and I believe I got a meningitis shot one year.

My children (13, 7, 7) had all shots as scheduled (including HPV for the oldest). They also generally have a flu shot. No adverse reactions.

I do have a friend who is convinced that the MMR vaccine caused or triggered her child to have seizures and get measles. However, her child has a very rare genetic condition involving missing brain structures in which at least 87% of the people have epilepsy.
Her doctors supposedly told her that MMR gave her child measles, but none of them helped her pursue it with the National Vaccine Injury Compensation.

I wanted to add. I also taught children with autism for several years. We had a family come through that was convinced the change happened after the 18 month vaccines. They did not vaccinate the younger brother. The younger brother also showed signs of autism. The parents were professors and home video buffs. They went back and analyzed home videos and they could see the signs of autism in the older brother before the 18 months. They realized that things they saw as regression were not there to begin with. (This was before that doctor was discredited.)

Both mine are fully vaccinated. We had absolutely no issues with side effects beyond the usual fever, fussiness, etc. My oldest is autistic, but so is my Brother, Grandfather, and probably my Father as well. I show signs of it also and so does DH. He didn't get it from the vaccinations, he got it from the gene pool lottery.

I've said on here before, as we become more and more removed from the last unvaccinated generation, we are losing our fear of these diseases. I was old when I had my kids and so was my Mother. She remembers having measles, mumps, etc. She would have KILLED me if I'd even considered not vaccinating my kids. When we no longer have the fear of the disease, it becomes so much easier to fear the vaccination.

I don't think being aware and making informed decisions about the very real side-effects prescription meds can cause makes one a crack-pot. :rolleyes: I do at least a minimum of research (on-line and in person with my pharmacist, who often has more expertise on the subject than my GP) before taking any drug. Some I have declined due to the potential risks.

As for vaccinations, my DS was born 23 years ago when wide access to the internet was just getting underway and information about concerns regarding vaccines were emerging. The primary one (at least for me) was the use of thimerosal, a mercury-based preservative in batch-vials of vaccine. For this reason we were extremely cautious with DS - we paid OOP for single-dose vials and had his vaccination schedule altered (with the full agreement of our GP) so that he only took one vaccine at a time instead of the compound ones. I don't remember him ever having a reaction and I don't regret doing it that way at all.
There’s a difference between being well informed and believing Susan Somers cured her own cancer with celery root (or whatever it was she claimed.) Most people will seek out documented, proven science by REAL doctors and then there are those who are desperate to grasp onto anything for an explanation and fall down the crackpot rabbit hole. It’s years of research by well educated professionals vs someone who throws the word “doctor” in front of their name and has a PhD is BS101.

My son has had all his vaccinations, but did seem to react very badly to the flu shot we gave him. He had strange symptoms after for weeks. In trying to figure out what was going on through testing, we came across an egg allergy we didn't know he had. Flu shots typically contain eggs.

We have stayed away from flu shots since then.

Both my kids are fully vaccinated with nothing but the mildest, most common side effects (slight pain/swelling at injection site). We also get regular flu shots - my husband is a type 1 diabetic, so flu shots are non-negotiable for his sake as well as all the other good reasons to get it.

The ONLY person I know in my circle of family, friends & acquaintances who had severe side effects to vaccines is my friend's son - he has a genetic disorder, a host of wacky allergies and a metabolic issue, so it's not really surprising that he reacted badly to a vaccine.

Everything has a risk of adverse events. People die from taking tylenol and advil ALL the time, every day.

We are all fully vaxxed. No adverse events to speak of. Our kids (and probably my husband and I to some extent) are autistic, but they both showed those traits WELL before vaccinations (as newborns, essentially).

This year's flu shot made my arm so sore I couldn't move it for 24 hours. I don't consider that an adverse event. It's a side effect. Totally different.

My older son has Aspergers and has had all of his vaccinations. It wasn't caused by the vaccinations. I knew something was off when he was a baby. My DH and I have been working to get up-to-date on all our vaccinations. We were fully vaccinated as a child but we don't have immunity anymore. I had my MMR titers done and I wasn't immune anymore so I recently got the vaccinations again. I highly recommend that all of y'all do the same because of the recent measles outbreaks.

Same with our niece. We could tell right after she was born that something was not right. As a newborn, she had an aversion to people and being held. People are born with autism, just like so many other medical issues. All of us are fully immunized. We do not get the flu shot because of family history with very bad reactions to it. The doctor said that this happens with some families. We are a pretty healthy lot just in general.

Beside everything else around vaxx, I don't think people are fully appreciating the life long ramifications measles can cause. Children may survive getting measles but it's worth understanding complications down the road, very risky. Eye opening!

My boys have had every vaccine with no problem. My mother didn’t vaccinate my brother and me. She wasn’t against vaccines, she was just a bad mother. Her older brother even had polio as a child. My grandmother got custody of us for a few years and figured out that my mom had lied to the school about our vaccinations. Every week she took us to the doctor until we were fully vaccinated. The only side effect is that my brother and I are terrified of needles.

My DH's second cousin was a teen mom. When her baby was a month old she mentioned in an offhand way that she was having trouble finding a pediatrician that would see him because she didn't want to get him vaccinated and all the doctors in her area refused to accept unvaccinated kids. I asked her why she didn't want to get him vaccinated and her reason was "because I don't know anyone who got their shots." Umm.....you got your shots. Needless to say, it was not a good situation and she actually just lost custody of both of her kids.

Of all the reasons I have heard to not vaccinate your kids that is the only time I've heard that particular one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!