get away today vs undercover tourist tickets

tenneycjt

DIS Veteran
I always thought get away today would always have the cheapest disney tickets being touted on the other disney fansites. But in searching undercover has 5 day park hoppers for 368.50 and get away today for 380.00/. Why the difference? Is there advantage to booking one over the other, I know get away andundercover both seem to be reputable but with undercover you are saving 30 dollars a ticket which is pretty substantial.

Undercover Tourist is basically always cheaper than GAT in my experience. Get Away Today pays bloggers to talk about how they are cheaper than prices at the gate, which is true, but that doesn't make them the cheapest.

No real pros and cons other than price. I have used UT and another 3rd party ticket seller called aRes Travel and would recommend them both. Others here have used a site called Last Minute Travel Club which tends to be even cheaper than UT; I have never used them myself. LMTC does have specific drawbacks though - you have to order by phone, and don't get your tickets until less than 30 days out (on the [presumably itty-bitty] chance they go out of business before that, you'd be hosed).

Undercover Tourist is basically always cheaper than GAT in my experience. Get Away Today pays bloggers to talk about how they are cheaper than prices at the gate, which is true, but that doesn't make them the cheapest.

No real pros and cons other than price. I have used UT and another 3rd party ticket seller called aRes Travel and would recommend them both. Others here have used a site called Last Minute Travel Club which tends to be even cheaper than UT; I have never used them myself. LMTC does have specific drawbacks though - you have to order by phone, and don't get your tickets until less than 30 days out (on the [presumably itty-bitty] chance they go out of business before that, you'd be hosed).
According to this current, ongoing thread, people are now getting their LMTC tickets by email within a day: LMTC Disneyland tickets no longer available?/UPDATE: Now Available by Phone!. And it doesn't sound like LMTC is going out of business any time soon. I know you don't trust that company, but other people on this board are having very good experiences with them, as seen in that thread.

That is why I brought them up as an option. I do not mean to seem excessively negative on them.
I didn't think so, but just wanted you to know that, so far, no one in that thread has reported having a bad experience with them. The etickets are coming through pretty quickly (either same day or next) and the prices are very good.

Can u tell me more about lmtc, are thye a travelagency, I looked at above thread and cant figure out why for one they dont have a website, ? are they an authorized ticket seller? How can they sell tickets tha tcheap? why would there phne number be out for so long, Is there only one person at this place offering the tickets> I know the reviews are positive but thse things dont make it reassuring?

Can u tell me more about lmtc, are thye a travelagency, I looked at above thread and cant figure out why for one they dont have a website, ? are they an authorized ticket seller? How can they sell tickets tha tcheap? why would there phne number be out for so long, Is there only one person at this place offering the tickets> I know the reviews are positive but thse things dont make it reassuring?
They are definitely authorized. They were recently bought by another company, so the website is in the process of changing. That's why tickets are being sold by phone right now. We've purchased from them in the past and never had an issue. Others are purchasing now with great success and savings. If you have questions, call the number in that thread and speak with the agent listed. She will be glad to answer any questions you have. The DIS Boards does not promote unauthorized ticket sellers, so if you see a company listed here with good references from other posters, be reassured that they are legit. If a company isn't legit, we warn people!

Purchased 5 day hoppers myself for Christmas from LMTC at $332 ea last year. No issues, just had to phone them and received the vouchers via email while I was on the phone with the agent. As above, they now seem to be issuing e tickets you can take straight to the gates so they are even better value.
The travel wholesaler they use is “BedsOnline” which is a large wholesaler used by many bricks and mortar travel agents. No reason your preferred bricks and mortar travel agency couldn’t access tickets from them as well I suppose.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter