Get Excited: Downtown Disney Has Now Reopened Superthread!

Hey WonkaKid, don’t want you to waste your time on this... My husband and I took our youngest to DtD yesterday morning. The CMs let us know the Mickey pumpkin pillows are sold out and won’t be restocked. 😪 I guess they have a tombstone one now instead.
It’s kind of a long shot, but also check the local Disney stores if you live near one. I went to one a few weeks after the Halloween stuff was released online, and I saw a pumpkin pillow there. They said it was because someone returned it, and all returns get put on the floor. So you could get lucky!

I’m afraid they’re sold out. However, the CM I spoke with said that they’re often told that items are sold out and that there are no more. However, they’ll then later receive more. That is, simply because they’re told that an item is done/there are no more, it doesn’t necessarily mean that they are truly sold out :-).

Thank you for checking! If they happen to get a shipment, I’ll head right over! ☺️

It’s kind of a long shot, but also check the local Disney stores if you live near one. I went to one a few weeks after the Halloween stuff was released online, and I saw a pumpkin pillow there. They said it was because someone returned it, and all returns get put on the floor. So you could get lucky!

Ooooh, this is a great idea! I’ll definitely check a couple close to me! Thank you! 😅

I head to NYC/Chicago early next week and won’t be back here for a few weeks. If you’d like to remind me around the 23rd, I’d be happy to check again. You never know....
Have a safe trip home, Rob! I'm sure your mom will be very happy to see you. :)
By the way, when you next get back to DTD, can you ask the CMs about Peter Tu (clapping guy)? I've been thinking about him and hoping he's doing okay -- wondering if he visits DTD every day now that it's the only part of the resort open. We'll try to remember to ask, too, the next time we visit.

Have a safe trip home, Rob! I'm sure your mom will be very happy to see you. :)
Thank you! It’ll be nice to be away for a bit. NYC is my favorite city in the world.

By the way, when you next get back to DTD, can you ask the CMs about Peter Tu (clapping guy)? I've been thinking about him and...
I’ve been to DTD at least a dozen times since it reopened and I’ve yet to see him. But certainly I’ll ask the next time I’m there.

Going to Downtown Disney this weekend. Last time we were there was the day it opened. Is it still insanely crowded or is it somewhat normal now?

Going to Downtown Disney this weekend. Last time we were there was the day it opened. Is it still insanely crowded or is it somewhat normal now?
On weekends, lines for bag check at opening aren't bad, but from later morning/early afternoon onward, the wait can be up to 80+ minutes. Crowds inside DTD are not bad since they are kept at 25% capacity. But they cannot let more guests in until enough guests leave. So the lines outside bag check can get long as more people arrive and not enough people leave. Be prepared to wait a bit, just in case. If you get lucky and go right through bag check, great! Keep watching the app to see if/when they close access for parking and pedestrians.

On weekends, lines for bag check at opening aren't bad, but from later morning/early afternoon onward, the wait can be up to 80+ minutes. Crowds inside DTD are not bad since they are kept at 25% capacity. But they cannot let more guests in until enough guests leave. So the lines outside bag check can get long as more people arrive and not enough people leave. Be prepared to wait a bit, just in case. If you get lucky and go right through bag check, great! Keep watching the app to see if/when they close access for parking and pedestrians.
Wow. Thanks for the info, but that sounds...not fun. Is the harbor side also that congested? We have dinner reservations. It would suck to miss it because of a line/no one leaving.

Wow. Thanks for the info, but that sounds...not fun. Is the harbor side also that congested? We have dinner reservations. It would suck to miss it because of a line/no one leaving.
You should be good. Dining reservations are the “fastpass” of DTD :) If the parking lot is closed at capacity, just show the officer you have a reservation and they will let you in. Same when you arrive to the health screening. Show the CM your reservation on your phone and they will let you go to the front of the line.

Harbor is less crowded. I believe that is the rideshare drop off area, or people who walk from offsite parking.

No mobile return for World of Disney as of now. It’s all standby. Line start at the esplanade.

A friend messaged me saying her friend is looking for the Ahsoka Tano legacy saber set. Has anyone seen it show up recently at that DTD pop up? I haven't been following how the legacy sabers are doing stock wise.

I have told her to tell her friend I don't really recommend going down (from Oregon) for the one thing that I'm not sure it's even available. Also said if it's in the parks when I get to go that I can help out then. And if her friend does want to go, I recommended weekdays.

Stopped by but didnt go in. Current time to get in after parking at Simba is 30 to 45 minutes.
I've heard some people parking in Simba, then catching an Uber to the Harbor entrance to bypass the line. Kind of a lot of work, but faster than the waits to get in lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!