Get Ready for a Western Adventure-August 2017 Wish Lifestyle/Weight Challenge

Posting really quick from my phone as it appears that internet is out and since I am on a get reliable internet at affordable rates to rural America program there is no one until 8 am to take my call.
We have had a severe thunder, lightening, and nickel size hail storm for the past 3 hours and I can still hear the thunder in the distance the rest stopped about 45 minutes to an hour ago. As hard as it hit the house I am scared to see my little garden in the day.
I will post my answer to today's questions sometime tomorrow along with a woohoo Wednesday photo for your enjoyment as well even if I have to run to a coffee shop.

My woohoo for today. I am happy that I maintained for the month of July. It could have been much worse but I know now that I can stay at a maintenance leave when I get there. It give me hope. Now back to losing the weight.

Also, my daughter made it 90 minutes at dance yesterday before her ankle started to hurt. This is 30 minutes longer then last week. I am glad we are seeing some progress.

QOTD - Tuesday: For me its the food choices I make. There are several foods I'm sensitive to (gluten, dairy, nuts) but I struggle keeping them out of my diet, and when things get too out of control I pay the price in feeling badly.

AUGUST GOALS: I'm going to go with -5 pounds and really focusing on locking in my new/desired nutritional habits, as I've been drifting the past few days.

WOOHOO WEDNESDAY: Well, I made it out of the house today, that's an improvement. Yesterday was a "nope, can't do it" day, as I woke up with a headache, stomach ache and cough/congestion. Today I'm feeling much better, just tired.

Another woohoo, although not directly about me. We are having the primary for the mayorial race and the early results show that three women are currently in the lead. Our process is that the top two vote getters go on, regardless of party, so this guarantees we'll have a woman mayor which is something I really wanted (it's been since the 1920's). I would be fine with two of the three and the third is quite impressive, but I don't think mayor is the right job for her.

We're in the throws of a major heat wave - in to the high 90's today and forecast to break in to the 100's tomorrow... as rare in these parts as a woman mayor. Our building management has said we need to draw the blinds to try and keep the heat in the building down, as the air conditioning might not be able to keep up. Fun times.

Hello there. I really need to join something and get back on track. I've gained about 25lbs since last summer. I had another big episode of chronic back pain last fall which stopped pretty much all exercise and some frustration/depression and then it just crept up. I have this really horrible self defeating mentality of "ok I'm going to get back to focus so let me just have a few more cheat meals before that starts...." and then it just seems to cycle. I used to be very disciplined but not so much the last few years. I think a lot is as the kids get older and in junior/high school keeping track of everyone else's life I've kind of lost my own.

Plus this month has been birthday and vacation month so lots of indulgences. I cleaned my closet out at the beginning of the summer and tried on everything in it. The stack of pants that no longer was ridiculous! :( I can't afford a new wardrobe so I gues I better get to work.

I've been doing well making time for exercise and me time this week and it's felt really good. I can tell it's worked as the scale went down one even after several parties and big celebration dinners/desserts this week so I guess that's my woohoo.

Going forward I'm going to try and journal as that has really helped in the past and keep up the ME time and exercise!

Not sure about goal - maybe -5lbs would be good.

Looking forward to having a space to self reflect and chat! Have a great day!!!!

Hello there. I really need to join something and get back on track. I've gained about 25lbs since last summer. I had another big episode of chronic back pain last fall which stopped pretty much all exercise and some frustration/depression and then it just crept up. I have this really horrible self defeating mentality of "ok I'm going to get back to focus so let me just have a few more cheat meals before that starts...." and then it just seems to cycle. I used to be very disciplined but not so much the last few years. I think a lot is as the kids get older and in junior/high school keeping track of everyone else's life I've kind of lost my own.

Plus this month has been birthday and vacation month so lots of indulgences. I cleaned my closet out at the beginning of the summer and tried on everything in it. The stack of pants that no longer was ridiculous! :( I can't afford a new wardrobe so I gues I better get to work.

I've been doing well making time for exercise and me time this week and it's felt really good. I can tell it's worked as the scale went down one even after several parties and big celebration dinners/desserts this week so I guess that's my woohoo.

Going forward I'm going to try and journal as that has really helped in the past and keep up the ME time and exercise!

Looking forward to having a space to self reflect and chat! Have a great day!!!!
:welcome:

My WooHoo for this Wednesday is I am finally back in a 'healthy' BMI range. It was a shock to me last year when I had my yearly exam and discovered that I was in the overweight category. So after a year of crying about it but not doing anything to change, I am so excited to see that my hard work the last few months is paying off. I'm pumped to go back in for my physical this year and get the official stamp from the doctor that I'm no longer 'overweight'.

Welcome!

BmZdMhU.jpg

It's WooHoo Wednesday so share what is going great in your life. (sunrise somewhere between Custer and Terry, MT August 2015. I was going to pick 12 year old up from camp with 9 year old with me)

Last edited:
My WooHoo for this Wednesday is I am finally back in a 'healthy' BMI range. It was a shock to me last year when I had my yearly exam and discovered that I was in the overweight category. So after a year of crying about it but not doing anything to change, I am so excited to see that my hard work the last few months is paying off. I'm pumped to go back in for my physical this year and get the official stamp from the doctor that I'm no longer 'overweight'.

That's great news!! That was kind of my shocker too recently. I use an app "Target Weight" and when I logged in recently I was now in the red zone which says obese! :(

Hi everyone! I am new to this and attempting to be more fit. For August my goal is to do Yoga once a week (so 5x) to get back into it. Additionally, I am trying to lose 3 more pounds this month.

Welcome!!

Hi everyone! I am new to this and attempting to be more fit. For August my goal is to do Yoga once a week (so 5x) to get back into it. Additionally, I am trying to lose 3 more pounds this month.
:welcome: We're glad you're here! I love the idea of yoga- maybe your reports will inspire me to get into it!

Welcome!!! :)

That's great news!! That was kind of my shocker too recently. I use an app "Target Weight" and when I logged in recently I was now in the red zone which says obese! :(

Welcome!!!!! :) I hear y'all on this front. That was one of my "wake up calls" if you will -- seeing obese pop up on the BMI calculator. I was floored! But I got to work (off and on at least haha!). I still have 15lbs to go to be in the "healthy range," but I definitely use that as some motivation!

--------------------------
As for today: I'm in a small funk and not feeling super woohoo.... lots of stress and things to get ready and caught up on before we leave for Disney on Sunday--- plus family drama is draining me a little bit (not the family I'm going away with thank goodness). And in turn I haven't been super motivated. I am dragging myself to the gym tonight because I know I have to not from any place of motivation. Plus eating and drinking has been a hair out of control recently as well. Amazing how your mind and the presence of stress can change things! I guess I'm woohooing again that I have this trip coming up to have fun, get away, and clean my mind. I am soooo ready to be away! LOL! I plan on coming back tired, but mentally excited to get back to work on my goals.

Water is a vital and often scare resource in the west yet at the same time can be powerful and even dangerous if it goes over the banks.
What have you found in your life that is vital and even powerful but if not respected can be a danger to you.

For me it would have to be eating. I have to eat to live but I find at times that I live to eat. Finding a balance is hard especially when there are a number of choices at potlucks. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings by not taking some of their dish with the exception of ones that have tomatoes in it since I am allergic.

Bonus What sort of recreation do you like to do that involves water

I love to go swimming in a pool that is indoors. I don't mind the water but the sun and I have a different relationship. I don't tan I burn, blister, and peel. Being in my 40s now I have decided it is not worth it unlike in my 20s when it was go out and have fun. I like it when I can go in my father in law's boat but it seems lately when we have gone to the lake I don't get a chance to go because it is always full or some of them want to go out on skis or on the tubes because having another boat, 3 jet skis and a couple of wave runners are not enough for the rest of them who spend most of their time ignoring me unless it's to tell me that 9 year old is near the water you need to keep an eye on her when her dad is right there with her. According to certain family members he should not be expected to watch her because it is a day of fun for him ( luckily he does not agree with them on this issue and has a they are my kids as well plus you ( meaning me) do so much watching them when I am working long hours at night and having to sleep during the day that when we are out as a family I am capable of watching them as well as you can).

As for today: I'm in a small funk and not feeling super woohoo.... lots of stress and things to get ready and caught up on before we leave for Disney on Sunday--- plus family drama is draining me a little bit (not the family I'm going away with thank goodness). And in turn I haven't been super motivated. I am dragging myself to the gym tonight because I know I have to not from any place of motivation. Plus eating and drinking has been a hair out of control recently as well. Amazing how your mind and the presence of stress can change things! I guess I'm woohooing again that I have this trip coming up to have fun, get away, and clean my mind. I am soooo ready to be away! LOL! I plan on coming back tired, but mentally excited to get back to work on my goals.

I totally get the being in a funk and the stress of getting ready to go on a trip plus dealing with family drama and how that can drain your motivation. I hope you have a wonderful time at Disney and we will see you when you get back unless your popping in from time to time on your trip.

My woohoo is I am now 23lb down,11 weeks over, just over 10% of my starting weight with WW!

:yay: Way to go !!

Last edited:
I'm joining. I've been a lurker the last couple years, but I used to be much more active! So I think my goal this month is to log all my food. I find that keeps me accountable. I also want to make sure I get 7500 steps in, but not this week. It's in the 100s and we Pacific Northwesterners don't like anything over 75! It's almost bedtime and still 90. Did I mention we have no air conditioning?! blech

The first question makes me think too much so I'm going to skip it (remember, it's almost bedtime--braindead!). Water: I was swimming at the Y every morning for a couple years, but tweaked my shoulder and am not doing that anymore. Recreation wise, I really like the water, but we don't seem to do anything involving it anymore, aside from the very occasional walk in the park along the river.

My wahoo Wednesday is that today my summer break ended and I went back to work. Not really a wahoo, but since I started having dreams about work a week ago, I think it's time just to get it over with and go back! Plus I love my job, so that really does make it a wahoo.

We have had a severe thunder, lightening, and nickel size hail storm for the past 3 hours and I can still hear the thunder in the distance the rest stopped about 45 minutes to an hour ago. As hard as it hit the house I am scared to see my little garden in the day.

Hope you garden fared ok... I have mixed feelings about big storms - firstly they can be scary but then they are also fascinating and seeing the sky light up with lightning can be cool (as long as it is not right on top of me lol).

:welcome: - you came to the right place for that - looking forward to getting to know you this month :-)

:cheer2::cheer2: That is a great woohoo - congratulations on all your hard work.

:welcome: Good luck with your goals :-)

( luckily he does not agree with them on this issue and has a they are my kids as well plus you ( meaning me) do so much watching them when I am working long hours at night and having to sleep during the day that when we are out as a family I am capable of watching them as well as you can).

Families o_O - sounds like you have a good hubby though with that attitude :-)

I'm joining. I've been a lurker the last couple years, but I used to be much more active!

:welcome: - Glad you are out of lurking and joining in :-)

I love when we get new friends to chat and today we got 3!

I am not feeling all that woohoo tonight - some work stuff that has me a little o_O

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!