Get Ready for a Western Adventure-August 2017 Wish Lifestyle/Weight Challenge

sweetpeama: I'm tired just reading about your day! You are a super mom. :cheer2:

dolewhipdreams: you got great advice, so I have nothing to add--good luck! thanks for being willing to host October!! :worship:

piglet1979: great job getting back on track

QOTD: I'm my own worst enemy so outside forces aren't that big a deal! When we do go out, I usually try to hunt for healthier items.

Well, I am logging my food and so far have done it every day! The bad news is I decided to keep track on a spreadsheet of whether I was over or under calories for the day. It is truly a bummer to see those less than stellar days on the screen! Today makes me even with over/under days. The good news in all of this is that I just added up all my calories and I'm still coming out ahead of the game (not by much, mind you!) but I'll take it.

Woohoo its Wednesday!

The layer of smoke from the forest fires in Canada that has been hanging over the city the past week is supposed to clear out on Friday, when the wind pattern shifts.

As mentioned, I'm on vacation next week. And as an added bonus, when I get back my boss will be on a business trip... he sits right behind me so having him gone will be quite a treat.

I think I'm going to take a long lunch today and go get some fabric to take to the block printing class. The store I want to go to is in the downtown area, but quite a bit south of where my office is so it might take more than an hour.

Have a great day everyone.

Last edited:
TKZT1ia.jpg

Here is your Woohoo Wednesday picture ( The hills south of the Yellowstone River near Billings, MT)

Woohoo we have baby kittens that are about 3 weeks old. They are taking hand feeding well. I found a place to get bottles and actual kitten replacement formula. They are going to my mom for a short visit since we will be gone setting up the sales section for their next feeding. Yes my life just got more crazy and the fair starts the first animal shows tomorrow with the horses.

* There may be a hold up on pictures as I might be posting from my phone for the next few days to week.

My woohoo is that I am heading out for dinner for friend's birthday on Friday night.

Woohoo we have baby kittens that are about 3 weeks old. They are taking hand feeding well. I found a place to get bottles and actual kitten replacement formula. They are going to my mom for a short visit since we will be gone setting up the sales section for their next feeding. Yes my life just got more crazy and the fair starts the first animal shows tomorrow with the horses.

* There may be a hold up on pictures as I might be posting from my phone for the next few days to week.

Oh those kittens sound so cute! All good about no pictures - if things get too hectic for you let us know and one of us will jump in for a few days :-)

My woohoo is that I am heading out for dinner for friend's birthday on Friday night.

That sounds wonderful. Have a grand time

Oh those kittens sound so cute! All good about no pictures - if things get too hectic for you let us know and one of us will jump in for a few days :-)

Thanks. It should be interesting. Luckily the coffee stand is right out the door and trust me it's going to be very popular with the show parents. Tonight was going down to set up the buy a piece of 4-H table. Really easy 12 year old gave them her sheets stating the exhibit class number, description, phone number she could be reached at during fair, price for the item, her signature and my signature. She then went and got her items from the club booth and put them on the table. We found out when we got down there that since there hadn't been any nominations in the junior age group for ready to wear the judge went through and picked the ones she liked best and then 12 year old was chosen for best of class. I did get photos of her with her art work-need to download to the computer and put on imgur and on facebook. Found where we are for small animals and while I wish that we were on row over so we had one side without another row on it, we are on an end and right by the entrance that the kids come in from the exhibitor parking.
Tomorrow is feed kittens, leave between 8:15 and 8:30 to be at the fairgrounds for decorating our club booth from 9-11, get 12 year old her button down white long sleeved collared shirt, get a load of water, grab some lunch-we are going to a mongolian grill place so lots of low fat protein and vegetables. DH will do an noon to early afternoon feeding. Hopefully we don't have to go down in the evening for more decorating if so I think I might see if 12 year old can ride with someone from the club. Need to clean out the truck sometime. I am thinking pixi dust for my computer not to go not responding when I am home and on it as that really slows me down on getting things done. I also have to run the master schedule to the local paper so they can compare it to the one they have and if need be make a copy. They will post in the online edition each day what is going on that day for events.

Wanted to share this video that explains why I love living here so much. The scenery is beautiful but the spirit of the people is so much more. This is the entire state coming together for 2 very rural counties where there was a huge fire. The Lodgepole Fire Complex at 270,000 acres is not only the largest fire in Montana since they record keeping started, but the 3rd largest fire in the Northwestern US. The ones that were larger are 1988 Yellowstone Fires that burn 1,585,000 acres in MT and WY, and the 1910 Big Burn that consumed 3,000,000 acres in ID and MT. This video was posted on the Garfield County DES page

My woohoo is that I am down a half pound so far this week. Even after yesterday where work bought us lunch and I went to Panera for dinner.

Here is more about the work event yesterday. So we do a staff retreat every year and this year we did a scavenger hunt around downtown. I love these and I get very competitive with them. I was in a group with another co-worker that is very competitive. Well we ran all over downtown and I mean ran. I just measured it and it was almost 2 miles that we ran most of. If we were not running we were walking really fast. I am not a runner and I just about killed myself doing it. We had another girl in our group in a dress and dress shows. We made her run too. We are horrible. I really over did it. I almost got sick a few times before I got home. The worst part is we didn't win because another group cheated. But we had fun and I lost .4 pounds in that 24 hours. I am paying for it today though. I am so sore. Even the tops of my feet are sore. I am going to try and get my steps in today but we will see how I am feeling later today.

My woohoo is that I am down a half pound so far this week. Even after yesterday where work bought us lunch and I went to Panera for dinner.

Here is more about the work event yesterday. So we do a staff retreat every year and this year we did a scavenger hunt around downtown. I love these and I get very competitive with them. I was in a group with another co-worker that is very competitive. Well we ran all over downtown and I mean ran. I just measured it and it was almost 2 miles that we ran most of. If we were not running we were walking really fast. I am not a runner and I just about killed myself doing it. We had another girl in our group in a dress and dress shows. We made her run too. We are horrible. I really over did it. I almost got sick a few times before I got home. The worst part is we didn't win because another group cheated. But we had fun and I lost .4 pounds in that 24 hours. I am paying for it today though. I am so sore. Even the tops of my feet are sore. I am going to try and get my steps in today but we will see how I am feeling later today.
Yikes that sounds fun but also painful! I'm all for getting exercise in unconventional ways :D

Boo for those who cheated!! But it sounds like you got a good workout! Maybe you need to find more events like that to get you moving. ;-)

I had a good exercise and eating day today. I think I am on track to have a 1000 kcal deficit today. I am currently really motivated and intend to make the most out of it. Even though the scale has not moved a tiny bit for a number of days. Really strange how it is just at the same weight, normally I fluctuate up and down quite a lot. I hope it will get unstuck soon. But I do know that this is the way my body works and still believe that the hard work will pay off some time. And the best thing is that it does not feel that much like hard work as the motivation really gives me a feeling of accomplishment from seeing my steps and my calorie deficit. I started a little note on my phone the other day where I am tracking the accumulated deficit calories. I started on 8/5 and including yesterday I am at over 4000 kcal deficit. I hope that seeing that number grow every day will keep me motivated to be true with my tracking and to keep away from food.

I mentioned in one of the earlier months that I don't weigh myself every day because I know I would obsess over all the minor fluctuations. Well this week I reminded myself of why that's true...

My weigh in day for WW is Wednesdays so I usually wait until then each week to check my progress. But since Monday was the end of week 1 for August, I thought I would hop on and see where I was at. And I had lost weight! Woohoo! Let's say I was at weight XX on Monday. For some strange reason, I decided to check again on Tuesday morning and the scale showed I was up 2.5 lbs from my Monday XX weight! Even though I've been working out every day and have stuck to my points very well. So me (being the obsessive person that I am) checked again yesterday morning and I was up another 1.5 lbs. What gives??? It was really messing with me and I felt down all day yesterday.

So today I finally realized that this doesn't sound like a me problem, this sounds like a scale problem. So I used a different scale that we have in our weight room at work and what do you know? It showed me at my Monday XX weight. So just for kicks I tried the original scale again and it was about half a pound lower than my XX weight. It was such an emotional roller coaster of feeling worthless and wondering why I was putting so much effort into something that wasn't working (even though I've lost 15 lbs already- seriously, how sill was I being??).

And that is why I don't check my weight every day. Because it turns me into a crazy person.
merida.gif

I'm still struggling with getting back on track, so I'm going to use the time out of town as my break/reset trigger... different routine and location. I'll be arriving in Portland mid-afternoon Saturday, so there will be time to maybe go to the rose garden and the yarn store, then out to dinner: Sunday is the class and then heading out to the coast in the afternoon. At the beach there is a nice restaurant right at the hotel and I love being able to walk down the hallway and have someone feed me with so little effort on my part, so I'll definitely be eating there. And there will be a lot of walking on the beach, so I'll get my steps counts up... the weather is supposed to cool off quite a bit, which will be heavenly.

View from the beach hotel restaurant... ah, feeling more relaxed already.

I'm so glad this hot weather will be ending soon! My house is still 80 degrees when I wake up! It's hard to be motivated when you're working up a sweat just sitting around!

I'm with ya Dolewhipdreams on not weighing every day. I do it once a week and am always stressed if for some stupid reason I get on another time. But DH weighs every. single. morning. Not only that but he doesn't trust the scale so gets on and off it about three times! He's funny.

I guess my wahoo can be that although the scale isn't changing my clothes feel a wee bit looser!

QOTD for at least Friday ( think of Thursday as a catch up day) Often it is necessary to change a routine in order to make changes in our lives especially if it is an activity or time that has the potential to lead to eating more than we should on a regular basis. Are there activities, or times that this is a challenge for you and what is something that you can do to change or a replacement for your activity.

I guess my wahoo can be that although the scale isn't changing my clothes feel a wee bit looser!
That is a great woohoo! Scales are tricky little beasts but there's no denying that you are seeing progress when you've got a little more room in your clothes.

QOTD (great question btw): One thing that sticks out to me is a typical Friday night for my DH and I. Pre WW it consisted of getting some food out (usually pizza or burgers or something similar) then having a movie night at home. During the movie we would often snack on junk food like chips and cookies. We still have our Friday movie nights but now we usually just make something simple at home instead of eating out and I make sure that I have lighter options to snack on like plain popcorn or fruit. If I do go for something a little less healthy then I actually measure out the correct portion sizes instead of grabbing the whole package and taking it to the couch.

QOTD: One of my downfalls is Starbucks... there are four in the four block walk between my morning bus stop and the office (plus two other coffee shops, including one in the lobby of my building). Every morning I think "just one last time...", so breaking the going to work routine, such as with my time off next week, helps me break the Starbucks for breakfast routine, which is one of the most impactful things I can do, as having all the sugar for breakfast sets the day up in a very bad way.

I got a few chores done last night, but did fall in to the knitting trap. I'm working on a shawl and it is taking almost five minutes per row, so every time I think "just one more row..." it adds up. I did want to get to the point where I was fading in the last color, and made that goal last night. I always feel like I need to do a party level cleaning before going on vacation, but really its just my Sister coming over to feed the cats, so tonight I just need to mow the front yard and get the trash cleared out, plus run to the store, so easy-peasy. I think I'll be leaving around 9am-ish in the morning, to get to Portland around lunchtime. Oh, must get gas and air in tires checked.

I'll most likely be off-line for the next week, so have a lovely one everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!